Rumour Barrett is walking on thin ice

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett will be gone in the next few weeks, per sources at the club. Gus is already looking at replacements for 2023 and beyond. A meeting will be held on Tuesday to decide his future / time frame before sacking. He's a dead man walking unfortunately.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cheers for the info mate. Usually spot on.. hoping it’s soon so we can begin our season again.
Hopefully I'm correct. Gould knew this was coming at the start of his tenure and has been planning pre-emptively for a replacement. Its sad but Gus has simply labelled Barrett and his entourage as unacceptable. I'm hearing it could be a old school wielding of the axe, channelling the great Bullfrog Moore.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus recommended Baz to multiple clubs and it's ending like this lol. Tangata-toa will probably see put the season?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm correct. Gould knew this was coming at the start of his tenure and has been planning pre-emptively for a replacement. Its sad but Gus has simply labelled Barrett and his entourage as unacceptable. I'm hearing it could be a old school wielding of the axe, channelling the great Bullfrog Moore.
Baz was an Anderson appointment so its not a surprise

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
After tonight, I cannot see things improving for Barrett. Gus is a smart man, I’m not surprised he was planning for this.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus recommended Baz to multiple clubs and it's ending like this lol. Tangata-toa will probably see put the season?
There's something I implore the Bulldogs community to understand about Phil Gould as both a person in the media and a decision maker. What he says in public is in stark opposition to what he actually believes and will do. We've seen it quite literally on hundreds of occasions since his time at the Panthers. He publicly backed Griffin and next thing you know he's axed brutally in public. You see, Gus has a short patience. He knew Griffin was not the coach to lead them to a premiership. He knew he had core deficiencies that are just now being exposed at the Dragons. And he wont use his position in the media as a professional to publicly criticise his employees in the football department, or friends for that matter. Gus couldn't care less for friendships. He knows this is a performance based business and there's only so long you can blame 'Patience' and 'Learning' as the issues of your footy club. He knows what this team is capable of and he knows it will be bolstered next year, but he also knows Barrett isn't the man to lead a club he knows so well to its next premiership.

On a side note, in the podcast Matt Thompson said Hastings matured. Gus said, hang on a minute, how bout the coaches he was dealt a hand by at in Manly. That alone demonstrates that Gus does not trust Barrett and he knows too well whats coming.

Go Bulldogs

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After tonight, I cannot see things improving for Barrett. Gus is a smart man, I’m not surprised he was planning for this.
He knew the public outcry it would cause if he sacked Barrett immediately. He signed all the new recruits. He was willing to give him 12 weeks but it hasn't worked out. Now its time to move on.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And no improvements.. I don’t think we can wait weeks
Bulldogs are in the same position as they were in Round 7, 2021 after beating the Sharks. Let that sink in. And before you bring up the top 4 argument, we also versed Panthers, Storm, Rabbitohs and we still suck. The attack literally hasn't improved. At least we scored 18 against Melbourne last year lol.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs are in the same position as they were in Round 7, 2021 after beating the Sharks. Let that sink in. And before you bring up the top 4 argument, we also versed Panthers, Storm, Rabbitohs and we still suck. The attack literally hasn't improved. At least we scored 18 against Melbourne last year lol.
Who will be the caretaker coach