My team if (NO INJURIES)

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather have SPEED, you can’t defend against speed. If Flanagan was 200+ gamer no problem we need the experience but the truth is his got the same amount of game time as Averillo but Averillo got tons more natural ability.
Speed won't score you try's if you can't create. Half backs don't have to be fast . Was Joey fast was Alfie fast ???? No !!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree mate. In hindsight Flanagan was never the problem. We’ve all bagged him including me but he’s a decent no.7 tbh. The problem has always been Barrett. He should of persisted with Flanagan last year and he should of trained him in the off-season to partner Burton for the majority of the off-season. He should of also been the first one picked in the trials. We would have had consistency in the halves this year and the team would of been more settled.
I can understand though why he was dropped. He needed confidence so he needed to take a step back from NRL and dominate in a lower grade (we are yet to win a game in NSW Cup with him gone from the side).

Last week with the try would be yet another boost to his confidence.

I think with more time together, and Flanno increasing in confidence he'll only get better. If we can snag a win soon it'll be exactly what he needs to get his career back on track.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Speed won't score you try's if you can't create. Half backs don't have to be fast . Was Joey fast was Alfie fast ???? No !!!
Was Alfie faster than Flano YES, Was Joey faster than Flano HELL YESS

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My team if (I had a time machine)

1. Patten
2. JAC
3. Talau
4. Vagana
5. Naden
6. Burton
7. Sherwin
8. O'Meley
9. Hetherington
10. TPJ
11. Kikau
12. SBW
13. Finucaine

14. Barba
15. Mason
16. Graham
17. Pritchard
How does naden make the team if you had a time machine? Hahahah

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree mate. In hindsight Flanagan was never the problem. We’ve all bagged him including me but he’s a decent no.7 tbh. The problem has always been Barrett. He should of persisted with Flanagan last year and he should of trained him in the off-season to partner Burton for the majority of the off-season. He should of also been the first one picked in the trials. We would have had consistency in the halves this year and the team would of been more settled.
Based on what Gus had to say, the problem was partly Flanagan, in that he was putting too much pressure on himself. The approach since late last season seems to have been to help him to be less overwhelmed, to relax, and understand that footy isn't the be all and end all of life. Flanno needs to be more patient with himself, and less obsessed with being a certain something on the footy field.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on what Gus had to say, the problem was partly Flanagan, in that he was putting too much pressure on himself. The approach since late last season seems to have been to help him to be less overwhelmed, to relax, and understand that footy isn't the be all and end all of life. Flanno needs to be more patient with himself, and less obsessed with being a certain something on the footy field.
I actually loved that chip he put through for Naden. Pity they had to take it off us.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The team we had round 1 won. The team we had in round 2 should of won. Now where clutching at straws.
No dude your clutching at straws. Fact is it's Barrett's fault entirely that Flanno has been treated so poorly. Avo is not a half back, nor centre or fullback. He's MBye mark 2. He's been given all the opportunity in the world. He's not an organiser, nor talker. Frankly, Gus needs to put his arm around him and develop him into a proper footballer in reggies. Kyle is by far the best No 7 we have and seriously should have been given adequate time with Burton in the pre season to form a combination amongst the spine.
Again against Souths we had far too many times the ball went to Jacko or another 2nd rower and not a half. Barrett was wincing in the coaches box, knowing our lack of attack is due to how he treated Kyle in the pre season, knowing Burton would the joining the squad late after the GF, IT WAS IMPERATIVE that Kyle, clearly our best 7 and Burton had as much time together as possible.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The team we had round 1 won. The team we had in round 2 should of won. Now where clutching at straws.
Too many people don't get it, facts are that the team has regressed on our round 1 and 2 performances yet so many refuse to accept it. We beat Manly if Jake never gets dropped in round 3 and suddenly we're 2-1 after 3 games and it's a totally different vibe around the club. Baz bottled it because he failed to analyse the situation correctly and that was the final nail in the coffin right there and then. It's nothing but downhill and our players are only going to suffer, confidence is at an all time low.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too many people don't get it, facts are that the team has regressed on our round 1 and 2 performances yet so many refuse to accept it. We beat Manly if Jake never gets dropped in round 3 and suddenly we're 2-1 after 3 games and it's a totally different vibe around the club. Baz bottled it because he failed to analyse the situation correctly and that was the final nail in the coffin right there and then. It's nothing but downhill and our players are only going to suffer, confidence is at an all time low.
Mate exactly all we are showing is that there is no loyalty, all it does is put more pressure on the players, Jake has to go back to 7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate exactly all we are showing is that there is no loyalty, all it does is put more pressure on the players, Jake has to go back to 7
It's not the time to move him back now, only going to do more harm than good. His confidence is shot right now.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team we had in round 1 played the cowboys. The team we had in round 2 played the broncos. Both bottom of the table teams. Can’t compare these games to the games played in rounds 3-6

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather have SPEED, you can’t defend against speed. If Flanagan was 200+ gamer no problem we need the experience but the truth is his got the same amount of game time as Averillo but Averillo got tons more natural ability.
Averillo’s natural ability does not resemble any of that required to be a half

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree on this one. Flanagan was never the problem and I can now say it in hindsight. He was dumped in round 9 last year but we only ended up winning 3 games all year with or without Flanagan in the side. It’s the crappy structure TBaz uses, we had an inferior forward pack and our no.9 provides the worst service in the NRL. Any halfback will struggle with this. Barrett is the reason for Flanagans downfall last year. It doesn’t matter who he puts at 7 the side will still go crap. Any good player we bring in turns to shit because our coaching is shit. Look at how all the players we bought this year are slowly regressing. E.g Burton
I think marshall king is more to blame then barett.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Schoup
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughn
9. BBO
10. AVA
11.Thompson
12. Hethrington
13. TPJ

14. Jackson
15. Potolo
16. King
17. RFM

I just can’t justify Kyle at 7 to slow, by having an organising half with no speed, all it does is put more pressure on burton, we need Dufty to be first receiver when we get quick play the ball, by doing so it will give, Dufty, Averillo, Burton, time and space to move around the field, and look for the lines in which to put the back rower or backs through or themselves.

what will also occur the defence will naturally run off the line due to having the 3 of the quickest players in the team in the attacking line. In doing so the defence will naturally jam up on there inside creating open space for the speed man, anyways what would I know I’m just a member of the TK.
FFS … I can’t wait until school holidays are over and the kids are back at school. Get a job and stop flooding the forum with stupid uneducated posts.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett painted himself into a corner when he gave Averillo that end of year best player award.
He stuck with him in the NRL because he didn't want to look silly.
Averillo doesn't offer enough to be considered a regular NRL player. Schoup must regain his centre spot.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure that we beat Manly with Jake at half back ??????

Let's analyse it a bit shall we

Round 1:
We beat an error riddled and ordinary Cowboys side in round 1 and could only score 6 points with Averillo at half back. Averillo contributed nothing to that win .
Round 2 we failed to beat a Broncos side in round 2 despite them having hardly any field possession and us having plenty.
Reason we lost is because our haves created nothing .

The facts are since Flanno came in as half back we have scored 28 points out of the 56 we have scored this season. Further Analysis 28 points in 2 games with Flannagon in the team and 28 points in 4 games without him.

I am selecting Flanno every day of the week.

But you stick solid with Avo as your half back

I agree Barrett is clueless - but we finally have our best options in the halves

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How do you figure that we beat Manly with Jake at half back ??????

Let's analyse it a bit shall we

Round 1:
We beat an error riddled and ordinary Cowboys side in round 1 and could only score 6 points with Averillo at half back. Averillo contributed nothing to that win .
Round 2 we failed to beat a Broncos side in round 2 despite them having hardly any field possession and us having plenty.
Reason we lost is because our haves created nothing .

The facts are since Flanno came in as half back we have scored 28 points out of the 56 we have scored this season. Further Analysis 28 points in 2 games with Flannagon in the team and 28 points in 4 games without him.

I am selecting Flanno every day of the week.

But you stick solid with Avo as your half back

I agree Barrett is clueless - but we finally have our best options in the halves
Lol you have no clue like many on here, your analysis is absolute shit because you're ignoring actual points of discussion. We created numerous chances in rounds 1 and 2, far more than we did in the following 4 games but failed to ice them. We made 9 line breaks in 2 games to making 6 in the next 4. There were positive signs in rounds 1 and 2, signs of combinations building although polish was lacking. Our ball movement was better. Burton was handling the ball and running more and has regressed heavily since round 3. The team as a whole has regressed since round 3.

Jake was hardly playing well but the team was at least functioning with prospect of improved performances not looking that far away. The change did not need to be made, it was fucking ridiculous and buried any hope in this season yet there's muppets twerking over it. Whoever started the season in the halves needed to stay there for a decent period of games yet so many on here and at the club don't get it.