Opinion V-Rex 2023!

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyway I reckon Mahoney will make his mind up by next week. We will know if hes in a bulldogs polo or not.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I can see why some people are a little worried. Big price tag for a player who can go missing in games at times. I’m on the fence here. I don’t think he is a T. rex but for 800k it’s a massive chunk of change. I also have seen him play when he is on, there’s not much better out there in the comp. He can win you game on his own. Time will tell we should just have faith in Gould.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway I reckon Mahoney will make his mind up by next week. We will know if hes in a bulldogs polo or not.
Maybe this news will tip him in our favour. Seeing a team like this getting put together surly is a positive

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
steve, no edge forward is worth $800,000 let alone kikau

my concern is we’ve splashed rockstar money on rocks and diamonds forwards with questionable work ethic in kikau and tpj, before we’ve even assembled a decent spine!!
the elite edge forwards are worth that money imo and i dont think we paid that much for him either. He is in the top 3 and i dont think he rocks and diamonds. From what i beleive he has a very good work ethic at training and he is a winner.
WE have a superstar in Burton, Averillo will find his feet im confident of that. Dufty will suit our style of play at fullback and i think BBO best position is hooker.
I reckon we are covered.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Look I can see why some people are a little worried. Big price tag for a player who can go missing in games at times. I’m on the fence here. I don’t think he is a T. rex but for 800k it’s a massive chunk of change. I also have seen him play when he is on, there’s not much better out there in the comp. He can win you game on his own. Time will tell we should just have faith in Gould.
he doesnt go missing imo. He is a left edge player so he stays on his edge, its that simple. If the right edge is favoured he cant do anything about that. that is how todays game is played.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
steve, no edge forward is worth $800,000 let alone kikau

my concern is we’ve splashed rockstar money on rocks and diamonds forwards with questionable work ethic in kikau and tpj, before we’ve even assembled a decent spine!!
Most times spine players want to know they have quality around them before they sign

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate the only Lock that Elliott has a chance of is being Locked up for being a flog in public again.
Cambrrra bought him to play lock, Fam. It’s his best position. The position he excelled in prior to his injury last season. Namaste

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think everyone underestimates how important explosive second rowers are in the new game. When paired with fast Centres/wingers you have options on both sides to break the game.

Add into that Dufty at Fullback who is fast and a ball player then you have the ability to sweep from side to side.

Add a powerful middle of Vaughan and Thommo.

We made two GF’s with a far less impressive side. Burton is a star. Our backs are insane. Spines are overrated. We had a hooker and a fullback in 2012 and 2014….

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
everyone think tpj and edge player on something he a way better middle for sure

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a fucking disgrace honestly.

this Kikau signing reminiscent of Tony Williams coming here under Hasler. This is the type of signing which will put us straight back deep in the muck just as soon as we start to see a glimmer of hope of getting out of it!!i will be giving Gus both barrels on Twitter tonight so stay tuned folks. someone send me Barrett and Warbs Twitter handles also if they exist.

when has lashing out 800 thousand clams on a back rower (and a lazy one at that!) ever been a good idea, especially in a team with an unsettled spine!! what are we thinking here!?

been a pretty good day until I saw this news. good coffee and muffin this morning, and positive thoughts across the board now quickly crushed. If someone gives me lip this afternoon I’ll club them. Bring on another decade of misery if this is an indication of marquee recruitment.

interested in others thoughts on this
Ivan, go suck on your dummy elsewhere.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The signing of Kikau is a major coup for the Bulldogs. Based on our signings for 2022 and 2023, the Bulldogs are now a very attractive option for players.

This was certainly not the case 12 months ago when we were struggling to sign anyone of note.

Now that Uncle Arthur is no longer a club sponsor he can contribute to TPA’s and I’m guessing he is reaching deep into his pockets.

Our forward pack in 2023 will almost be unmatched, especially if we can find room to keep Vaughan. The only issue now is Flanagan, but then again he might just show some promise behind a pack that plays through the opposing defensive line.

While 2022 will be exciting, 2023 will be an outstanding year for the Bulldogs.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck guys, just checked in after a few days, been pretty busy.!!

anyway, this is pretty surprising news… not sure how I feel about this, but when this guy is on he can tear shit up.. guess time will tell. With the $$,he will have to play like it!! And the potential is already known.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I don’t think we payed 800k for him