Opinion Kyle Flanagan Take a bow

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see a lot to be excited about. But at the same time I also didn't see him have moments that made me groan or call him an idiot. So I'm sitting at around a solid "meh" rating for last night's game.

On the plus side of things, our support play is slowly approaching what it should be. On a few occasions we moved the ball through the hands without our attacking line faltering and coming to a stand still.

Big negatives and the ongoing ones are that we're still dropping too much ball early in sets, and a couple of tries we let in were too simple after some of our defence had been good. Just seems like we're switched on defensively on our line, but anywhere in the middle of the field we're not paying 100% attention.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he played well and hopefully, will get better, but he doesn't have the "X" factor, mind you, game-breaking freaks like Steve Mortimer, Peter Sterling etc are few and far between.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I seen was flanno straighten attack then passed to dufty who undid what flanno tried to create. If dufty took it to the line there would of been an overlap

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I seen was flanno straighten attack then passed to dufty who undid what flanno tried to create. If dufty took it to the line there would of been an overlap
Yeah, Dufty really had an off game...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was made up for him. He was solid and didn’t make many mistakes.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Take a "bow" and arrow to the nrl 360 panel

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Penrith scored from our mistakes
Penrith scored because they are a lot better.
You can say from our mistakes but we couldn’t Get out of our half, we couldn’t keep the same intensity. Mistakes only happened because of that.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only took a year for Tbaz to work it out. Now we just have to wait for him to get there on JMK.
Jmk’s first picked [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it’s gonna take something else to force Barrett’s hand to pick another 9, hopefully cook since he’s the only 9 that’s an actual 9

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Jmk’s first picked [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it’s gonna take something else to force Barrett’s hand to pick another 9, hopefully cook since he’s the only 9 that’s an actual 9
I saw enough in that 15 minutes trial to have given the jersey to Cook in Round 1. As you said, the only hooker we have. Hopefully 10 minutes and 18 points might help him get dropped?

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From all reports Cook has not developed as anticipated. Unfortunately at this time I don’t think he is the immediate answer.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From all reports Cook has not developed as anticipated. Unfortunately at this time I don’t think he is the immediate answer.
Yep, in another thread I saw someone say Cook and Schoupp in...they aren't changing shit I'm afraid.

Flanno was probably our best, Thommo did plenty of work.