Flanagan Sr (Fox Coverage)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each time I’m watching footy on Fox & hear Flanagan’s voice, I just want to poke eyes out with a fork!!

Do some here really want this guy to be our next coach ffs?

Like Dean Pay, Flanagan Sr can barely string a sentence together
Him and Barrett should switch roles. Trent can talk yes but motivate / coach no. Flanagan is a better coach than commentator

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m not sure Flanagan Snr is the answer, truth be had I’m not too sure there is anyone of any great standing currently available.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Our issues with discipline tells me that Tbaz is a pussy. The fact our own Captain is a repeat offender tells me the players don't fear our Coach. We need someone strict that will hold all of them accountable. I don't care if he can't talk at all as long as he can Coach. Just like the player talent pool it seems the Coaching pool is similar. I just want a Coach that can actually coach! First choice would be Bellamy and then after that there's a yawning gap so I would let Flanno Snr take over now and give him the rest of the year to show something yes.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Each time I’m watching footy on Fox & hear Flanagan’s voice, I just want to poke eyes out with a fork!!

We are all entitled to offer suggestions.
So, since you don't want Flanagan Snr, tell us who YOU want to be our coach next year, and are you prepared to stick with Baz, if the team continues to look clueless in attack and defence?....and if you ARE prepared to stick with Baz, for how long?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appears barrett let down by his support staff: fitness guy needs to go at a minimum
Dont think we should waste money paying him out: gould is there he can help out so is hansen...they need to own it and support him as they are on the big bucks ..well at least gould is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His mate Ennis had to try really hard to get him involved in commentary in the early days. Fox employs heaps of crap commentators these days.

Winning a premiership isn’t the be all and end all, Ricky Stuart has one and I wouldn’t want him coaching at the club.
Stuart won 1 premiership and made 3 Grand Finals in his first 3 seasons with a stacked Roosters side. Since then at Cronulla, Parra and Canberra he's only won 46% of his games.

Michael Macguire, Paul Green and Shane Flanagan also won a premiership and none of them were supercoaches either.

Last edited:

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People go on about Flanagan as a cheat but the reality is sport is a ruthless business and some will do whatever they can to get an edge. Sometimes it’s legitimate sometimes it’s not. If everything about the game was squeaky clean I’d say fair enough about Flanagan. But what about the blatant cheating that goes by those who are not caught? What about clubs that have a sombrero salary cap and never get caught, refs that over penalise a team and cane them with repeated six agains and get away with it, the nrlol that rewards some teams with a favourable draw and sections of the media that continue to dig up dirt and shit and throw it at one club. Where is the fairness in all that? As long as there is unfairness in the game I’m prepared to overlook Flanagan’s past misdemeanour for which he has done his time. I’ll take Flanagan sr as coach any day as long as he comes with no strings attached or conditions regarding son Kyle.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, since you don't want Flanagan Snr, tell us who YOU want to be our coach next year, and are you prepared to stick with Baz, if the team continues to look clueless in attack and defence?....and if you ARE prepared to stick with Baz, for how long?
The club spent big in the off season to add spark, experience & a winning culture to this team & so far it’s netted us f{}ck all under T Baz.
If nothing improves in the next month… (I’m talking fitness, our attack & defensive structures which SHOULD the more games we play) then T Baz must go.
Someone mentioned the Panthers assistant the other day, yes another rookie, but I can’t see our club going for a Paul Green, Anthony Seibold etc, I reckon Gus’s project under his watch would be to give a rookie he’ll take under his wing the keys to Belmore.
The defence the Panthers right now are showing (defending aggressively in numbers) is almost Bulldogs like in the early 2000’s. They are smashing opponents & no doubt it’s all on their assistant Cameron Ciraldo!

Id rather get our defensive & fitness structures right first, then hopefully attack should follow off the back of it TBH.

Tigers & Dragons past two wins have been off the back of defence! They ain’t winning by 30-40points!

We can’t get anything right at present!

If we can’t can’t jag a win or two in the next 4 games & T Baz is still coach, then I reckon Gus & the club will stick with T Baz. That’s just my gut feel.
Wasn’t long ago that Parramatta were at the bottom, won spoons I think too, but they stuck by Authurs and he too was a novice coach back then.

Last edited:

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should just do the one worded Bennett answers and have his head in the game. It’s almost like instead of drawing up plays Barrett is drawing up excuses for the media. He’s a good salesman. He promises you the world but gives you an atlas

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I can't see a Gould Flanagan working, (too much ego their).
So for me its either a combination of either S @ K flanagan, or Gould @ Ciraldo.
If he was prepared to come and give it ago for one season I would take Ciraldo with Gould as mentor.
To get him for one season if he was to accept, I'd be happy to pay big money, one bad year coaching a 2 time wooden spoon team would not destroy his career.
I just can't see a Gould/Flanagan combo working, even if they kissed in public, which would mean the club paying out millions again to sack one or the other.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The club spent big in the off season to add spark, experience & a winning culture to this team & so far it’s netted us f{}ck all under T Baz.
If nothing improves in the next month… (I’m talking fitness, our attack & defensive structures which SHOULD the more games we play) then T Baz must go.
Someone mentioned the Panthers assistant the other day, yes another rookie, but I can’t see our club going for a Paul Green, Anthony Seibold etc, I reckon Gus’s project under his watch would be to give a rookie he’ll take under his wing the keys to Belmore.
The defence the Panthers right now are showing (defending aggressively in numbers) is almost Bulldogs like in the early 2000’s. They are smashing opponents & no doubt it’s all on their assistant Cameron Ciraldo!

Id rather get our defensive & fitness structures right first, then hopefully attack should follow off the back of it TBH.

Tigers & Dragons past two wins have been off the back of defence! They ain’t winning by 30-40points!

We can’t get anything right at present!

If we can’t can’t jag a win or two in the next 4 games & T Baz is still coach, then I reckon Gus & the club will stick with T Baz. That’s just my gut feel.
Wasn’t long ago that Parramatta were at the bottom, won spoons I think too, but they stuck by Authurs and he too was a novice coach back then.
I'm not sure their is much point to sack the coach mid way through the year. Really Gould can have chats with Barrett that his future lays elsewhere but he can continue to coach the rest of the year and have discussions with others until we land the right coach.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des Hasler can hardly string a sentence together but gets his team preforming.
I know what I would prefer out of the two

Trent speaking well after lose after lose
Flanagan mumbling after taking us to a top 8 side
Hasler is a **** tho

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Prefer flanno than Baz. And his record is great. He’s not a bad coach at all and would get quicker results for Is than what’s been happening the last 5+ Years. We want to see wins and he will give us more than what we’ve seen. Not at bad as you people make out. We need a change and he will be a good prospect to come straight in an make things look far fucking better !!! It’s simple.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

TK didn't like the following coahes because...
Hasler was a Snort Talker
Pay was a Clueless Talker
TBaz is a Smooth Talker
Will Flanagan be the Speak No Evil Talker :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can see this scenario unfolding on the Crystal Ball...
Fitness, Defence and assistant coaches gone !
TBaz has till season's end to steady the ship or he follows !
BUT...Crystal Balls lie sometimes :-)

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

You have our coaches mixed up. Hasler was the one who couldn't string a sentence. I remember being relieved that Pay could

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just keep refreshing The Kennel in the vain hope there is an early announcement of Barret's sacking.......