Gould is still being chased by the bulldogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some are also forgetting that Penrith started becoming successful once he fucked off. His meddling with the coaches was toxic.
That’s no to say he didn’t set the club on the right path with their junior development, but Penrith have a massive catchment .

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I heard it was the term not the money I.e. he wanted a longer period of time to achieve the goals.

Maybe they have agreed that it will take longer.
The longer the term of his contract, the more tome he will have to complete the destruction of our club, something which he has been trying to do since the SL war.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s publicly trashed us and labelled us a basket case and has rejected our initial enquires. This is getting a bit desperate and embarrassing now.

Malla

Reaction score
Lol like I said a few weeks ago when this came out, we never stopped chasing Gould and never will. Only reason why Gould put that tweet out was to prevent rumour and innuendo but he definitely did not reject it. He’s listening and from what I was told back then he’s keen.
This is a lot to do with Laundy also, he’s pushing hard for Gus and really won’t take no for an answer

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gibson said it ‘it’s starts in the front office’ Bennett said it today. ‘Club environment and management dictate on field results’
Also nsw cup also is a bigger gap then before with the year off.
We are bringing up kids eligible for under 20’s comps playing with guys who have been told to move on (don’t get me wrong a few of these players have not performed) they will cotton wool themselves to prevent injury I feel so they are not recovering in the off season and can set up retirement
Rule changes have also a small factor
Fatigue though kills a weaker team as the strong team as all the momentum and can just keep piling on points. Manly as soon as they got to 20 points and over 60% ball was going to go on and put a cricket score on us.
I’m not a ‘Gus fan’ but do feel we need someone who can ‘bargain at the table’ and get players to want to play at the bulldogs again

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not my first choice but better then nothing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol like I said a few weeks ago when this came out, we never stopped chasing Gould and never will. Only reason why Gould put that tweet out was to prevent rumour and innuendo but he definitely did not reject it. He’s listening and from what I was told back then he’s keen.
This is a lot to do with Laundy also, he’s pushing hard for Gus and really won’t take no for an answer
He can pay him then.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Which Sydney-based club still hasn’t given up hope of convincing Phil ‘Gus’ Gould to quit the New Zealand Warriors to oversee a much-needed football department shake-up and major overhaul of their roster.

Phil Gould is in hot demand. Picture: 7News
Panthers? lol

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's true that it's about the money then why are we being tight asses when it comes to hiring someone for such an important role? Aren't we supposed to be one of the richest clubs in the NRL (thanks to our leagues club). Baz isn't on a huge contract himself so just pay Gus what he wants and get it done FFS.

Gus, whether you like him or not, is a master salesman and he will help get elite players to our club and steer us in the right direction. I can't believe we're risking losing out on Gus because we're trying to be cute with our offer. Beggars can't be choosers so let's sort this shit out

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For the previous five years we have slowly gone backwards year after year, to the point that we are almost a failed club. History has shown that failed clubs either merge or are forced to relocate, neither of which is palatable to me.

Desperate times call for difficult decisions, we need to get Gus onboard ASAP. Granted, he won’t solve all our problem this year or next, but he will set out a plan to secure our future, something we don’t currently have.

Love him or hate him, when he is on your side you always have a fighting chance to succeed. Nobody knows the intricacies of building a successful football club better than Gus.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Found this online
Petition against VLANDY
He saved the f###ing game during a once in a blue moon pandemic, he’s now trying to clean up an issue around head high tackles which is potentially heading for a lawsuit and he’s making the game more attractive and less “thug life” to win back over mums and dads, that’s where the future talent pool comes from, kids choosing Rugby League and more importantly, parents broadly supporting them.

I’m not sure why the hate on PV, but I’d like to keep the focus on our club and what we are doing, only strong leadership will get us back on the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.