News We’ll get it sorted’: Burton plans lucrative, long-term stay at Belmore

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I call BS….. provides a great opportunity to field additional offers. The golden rule for negotiation is “always negotiate from a position of strength”

Call me a skeptic but he has had at least a month to review and respond to our offer.

He may very well re-sign with us but it’s not a good look. Money talks and players walk….

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I call BS….. provides a great opportunity to field additional offers. The golden rule for negotiation is “always negotiate from a position of strength”

Call me a skeptic but he has had at least a month to review and respond to our offer.

He may very well re-sign with us but it’s not a good look. Money talks and players walk….
Or.. The deal was wrapped up months ago but the finer details need to be sorted out and they'll get to it after the World Cup..

He's not going anywhere and I'm sure the salary has pretty much been sorted. It's probably stuff like TPA's and allowances etc that need to be sorted.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As excited as I was at the potential of the young man, I don't think I had him repping NSW and Australia in his first season with us. What a remarkable start to his Bulldogs career. Hopefully he has many more years in the blue and white, where he will develop his game to become one of, if not the best five eighths in the game.

Putting the Ciraldo signing in context, he was probably a major target for coach, in no small part due to trying to retain our best hope in years. His relationship with Burton could be the thing that gets him over the line for extending his contract. He may be our reverse Thurston! He didn't debut here, but if we can keep him for the next 5 years, and get some success, he may just be like when Cowboys got our JT.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 2 since 2017 and it's not like we set the world on fire as a team. Just goes to show what great signings these two were. Credit to Baz?