Search results

1. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

North Queensland rocked by 5.4 earthquake, 124km southeast of Townsville Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/north-queensland-has-been-rocked-by-a-52-earthquake-near-ayr-and-home-hill-southeast-of-townsville/story-e6frfkvr-1226040159087#ixzz1JfY1Sgzb NORTH Queensland has been rocked...
  2. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

i've got mixed reports from people in ayr and townsville...some people felt the whole house shudder, others thought the washing machine was on a spin cycle on the timber floors. just when we almost had natural disaster parties under control, everyone will be having an earthquake party tonight haha
  3. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

where on earth did you hear about the lunatics up there? ps - they're always pissed. they all have stills lol
  4. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

the highlight of the drive up to dalbeg CK...
  5. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

oooooooooooooooooooooh my god, that's the name of a town i NEVER thought i would find on here. i'm from a tiny town called MILLAROO, one town back from dalbeg, and approx 120km s-w of townsville, and we had about 150 people. DALBEG has about 60 people, cane and cattle town, and literally the end...
  6. Leesee

Earthquake in North QLD

5.2 in magnitude, approx 124km off the Townsville coast...more to come http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc0002stu.php
  7. Leesee

Funny Phases you've been through ?

having pink hair and multiple piercings. i look back on photos and just want to glass myself
  8. Leesee

Weekly Breakdown of Girl Expenses ...

Make Up - roughly $500 per year Hair - USUALLY $240 every 6 weeks, but i think the last haircut i had was back in october due to lack of time Nails - $0 Beauty Therapy (waxing, facials, spray tans whatever) - averages out to be $80 per week Exfoliating stuff - maybe $50 a year...
  9. Leesee

The Kennel Photos and Discussion Thread

psych nurse gets a puppy. she'll end up roughly the size of a pony, why we got an irish wolfhound is beyond me
  10. Leesee

Tibetan mastiff sells for $1.5m in China to become world's most expensive dog

ooooh, i want one!!! not a ginger one though, then it would have no soul
  11. Leesee

When you see it..

lol brendo, you never cease to amaze me
  12. Leesee

Moving out of home

i moved back in at the start of 2010, didn't really have many other options. will be moving back out in june (even though i barely live at home anyway), and it can't come soon enough. blergh, parents are ****ing irritating as hell
  13. Leesee

Allergic reaction to Penicillin

lol, if it were me i would tell you to go to a dr if you were having an allergic reaction, ESPECIALLY for the first time. i would also mention i was given penicillin after my wisdom teeth were removed. or something like that
  14. Leesee

"things happen for a reason"

not at all
  15. Leesee

The Uni Discussion thread

lol nothing to feel sorry for. i only did the first degree because i didn't know what i wanted. of course i was going to hate it soon enough. i'm just using it now for networking, and it'll look good when i look for work as a grad. fml
  16. Leesee

The Uni Discussion thread

23 is nothing! god, because i was a knob about the whole uni thing and didn't know what i wanted to do until i finished the first course, i will be 27 by the time i graduate from this degree, and then add on the time for masters/phd...
  17. Leesee

Pancakes vs waffles vs french toast

french toast, the other 2 i can never make very well myself
  18. Leesee

Alcohol related violence vs Drug related violence: Which is really worse?

from what i've seen in the hospital, the violence from drug usage is miles worse. the drunks will take a couple of swings, but they tire out. alcohol is a depressant on the central nervous system, so while the aggression may be there, i have very rarely seen a drunk have to be restrained. few...
  19. Leesee

Ladies Wanna Pee Standing Up?

or handbasins lol what a stupid idea, just go squat behind a tree. besides, if you're at BDO you're pissed and disinhibited, therefore you won't need a stupid contraption like this thing. the people who use these things have clearly not gone on a camping trip with men, or are retarded
  20. Leesee

Ladies Wanna Pee Standing Up?

what the **** is that????? more to the point, who the **** invented that???? i especially like the part where you're told to store it in a ziplock bag until you can find a bin. yeah, because i would really want a bag full of my own piss sitting in the bottom of my handbag...
  21. Leesee

Misery Bear

oh what a sad little critter. rather hilarious though
  22. Leesee

Possessed Man Eats Baby

first thing at the top of the page - 'mob lynches crocodile'. ****ing kanakas i am honestly not surprised by this, i went to school with plenty of kids from png who would get the courier sent to them, and every single time we'd read it there would be story after story of rape/murder/setting...
  23. Leesee

Your bucket list

you serious?? hmmm, might have to just go for a day haha. might have to just add turkey in there instead...
  24. Leesee

Your bucket list

- see the northern lights - go to the galapogas islands - trek to base camp at everest - get my PhD - buy a house in france - own racehorses - dance the tango in buenos aires - travel to russia - see the big 5 in africa - travel to morocco, spain, greece and egypt (next year's holiday...
  25. Leesee

Job Changes

i worked in agriculture until i was 19 or so (started as a kid, and not just 'helping', i was paid to work), worked in hospitality all through high school, retail/nursing through uni, and am now suffering in hell. anything's possible dogkat...
  26. Leesee

Job Changes

4 industries, about a dozen changes, have been in my current job almost just over 2 years. i change when i get bored i guess.
  27. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

lol you don't get any bigger than a category 5 cyclone. north qld isn't built on bayous, our buildings are built to cyclone standards, and people evacuated/prepared their properties. in some kind of twist of fate, the storm bypassed all major cities. worried it wasn't bigger than katrina...
  28. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

channel 9 need a kick in the face for such ****house journalism. 'what's it like to be in an evacuation centre?' and 'was it noisy?' **** off you retards, as if any of you understand what the impact of these things are, you didn't even know where tully was until last night. best moment so...
  29. Leesee

Australian soldier killed in Afghanistan

very sad, rip
  30. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

bananas - wiped out sugar cane - over $500 million worth gone, if this doesn't kill the sugar industry once and for all i don't know what will. poor bastards, everyone will go bankrupt after all the rain meant they couldn't harvest, and now everything's gone. with prices back to what they were...
  31. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

it's to make sure that the glass falls the right way, as well as fall in larger pieces. in smaller systems (up to a 3), it will keep the glass intact. the biggest problem with cyclones and glass smashing is... point 1 - flying debris. tonight, all debris will be like missiles, so it won't...
  32. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

unlike the floods, a cyclone will give you something to watch 'live'. much better than the ****ty stock footage of that blue car floating down the main st of toowoomba
  33. Leesee

Cairns

used to live in cairns, humid as ****. mould grows in the house, clothes don't dry on the line, and when it rains it makes things hotter (only rains for a brief period and then all the steam comes up off the road). feb is by far the worst month for weather, as it is cyclone season, so it does...
  34. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

cardwell is still expecting at least 7 metres. the best part of the north qld coastline will be underwater tomorrow. we (our hospital) got at least 100 of the patients from cairns today. what a mammoth effort to transport all of these people, i'm buggered. we're on standby to be flown up...
  35. Leesee

Blonde moments..

the blonde moment that has almost has me banned from touching a non-lunatic... checking for a pulse on an obviously deceased MVA victim...motorbike vs truck...and when i went for the carotid the ****ing head rolled straight off the gurney, helmet intact. all i could do was laugh, all while...
  36. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

ALL the shops should have them taped, unless townsville has run out!
  37. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

all flights out of townsville are sold out, the cairns base hospital/calvary private is being evacuated by the airforce down to us, mackay airport has ceased flights...this is serious **** :(
  38. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

in all of this, i can still find the time to laugh about the fact we have a town called yeppoon. on a more serious note, i'm glad i went back to my hometown on the weekend, there's not going to be much left of it by thursday. spoke to my brother, his plan is as follows... 1. tape up the...
  39. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Jq_zOh_9k footage from cyclone althea, the last big one to hit townsville. the sound you hear at the start is what will be heard over abc radio when the cyclone starts to cross the coast on thursday morning...most chilling sound you ever hear, and then the...
  40. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

to top it off, there's a storm surge coming behind the cyclone. cyclone larry type devastation, followed by flooding (up to 5m in the surge i've been reading) **** OFF WEATHER
  41. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

already predicted to be a cat 4 by the time it crosses, an the eye is forecasted to be 600km across. there's not much to understand, the wind swirls around in a big circle at high speeds (cat 4 is over 200km/h), the eye passes over, everything becomes deathly still (to the point people will...
  42. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

nursing homes are being evacuated, anyone near the strand is being STRONGLY advised to evacuate now before they are blown off the map, townsville to mackay is already declared a disaster zone, and this system is not forecasted to blow out when it hits the coast. mandatory evacuations here we come
  43. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

i feel sick to my stomach about it. i have friends and family right in the firing line, and i know they're not all going to leave townsville/ayr. i almost want to go back to townsville to wait it out with those who don't come down, i hate the waiting around for news part. a cyclone of this...
  44. Leesee

Cyclone YASI !!!

they haven't gone through the letters that quickly lol. the cyclone formed and was named in fiji, so it was up to their y, not ours. this cyclone is ****ed. all last night i got my brother's place ready for yasi, but no amount of duct tape and mattresses will stop the damage. we're...
  45. Leesee

aboriginals arent scary

as bain said, murris are scary when there's about 20 of them chasing you/attempting to bash you because you won't give them $2/a smoke/metho/goon. my opinion only relates to my own experiences in north qld. i will try and get video footage of being chased late at night when i am there on the...
  46. Leesee

That noise you make when you're winning ...

'oooooh, oooooooooooooooooooh, oooh oooh oooh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh (including upward inflection and crescendo) YOU LITTLE BA-YEWTY!!!!!'
  47. Leesee

Toilets in Japan fitted with urine-controlled games

haha oh i love the japs and their obsession with toilets
  48. Leesee

Botox

i get botox injected into my armpits, to help with excessive sweating. i am very vain though so it's probably not that bad. as for getting it in my face, i would do it without hesitation. i have already got quite visible frown lines that i would enjoy having botox or restylane shot into.
  49. Leesee

Multiple Sclerosis

all of the neurodegeneratives/demyelinations/dystrophies make me so sad. there is never an upside, and for those who are hit the hardest, they lose so much of the life they ever had/knew. part of the client group i worked with in palliative care included the huntington's patients...now that's...
  50. Leesee

Insomnia Remedies ?

if it's poor sleep hygeine, you will snap right out of it. just force yourself to get up early for a few days in a row, stay awake till at least 9-10. with any luck you will be knackered, and will start to go back into this cycle. this is all i can offer to help. other things my doctor...
  51. Leesee

How far do you travel to work?

90km one way...can be anything from 55 minutes to just shy of 2 hours, depending on the shift i'm working/number of accidents on the highway.
  52. Leesee

What do you have planned for Australia Day?

house party, then the pub. should wake up under a tree somewhere
  53. Leesee

QLD Flood relief appeal.

am looking forward to marching into milton/rosalie tomorrow with my gerni, and 2 of my pom friends who think they have an idea of cleaning up after floods/cyclones. should be good fun. i'm with mongoose, i want to know how the money is being spent...
  54. Leesee

QLD floods

if any brisbane kennellers want to help out with the clean up effort.... http://www.volunteeringqld.org.au/home/index.php/volunteers/crew
  55. Leesee

External Studying

my mum did 2 degrees and post grad certs by correspondence while working full-time. she said it was just fine, it's designed for a realistic studyload while working, you just have to be motivated
  56. Leesee

QLD floods

moggill ferry is probably going to be scuttled, so is the ****ty island barge is they can't secure them!
  57. Leesee

QLD floods

that will barely cover the cost to repair the bruce highway :( however, it's a bloody good start!
  58. Leesee

QLD floods

the john oxley has just broken its mooring, and the rna evacuation centre has opened up at bowen hills. i think they may be right when they say worse this will be worse than 1974 floods. poor brisbane, hope everyone on here in brisbane is safe.
  59. Leesee

QLD floods

i think the release is something like 2 sydney harbours worth of water per day. the dam has been built to take up to 200% capacity. whoever built that dam had some serious foresight, brisbane should be underwater by now. mind you, the release water isn't supposed to hit brisbane until thursday...
  60. Leesee

QLD floods

we start sandbagging tonight, king tide is coming tomorrow, and given our lake is already up at least 6m above it's usual level, i predict we'll be living on our very own little island tomorrow. waterfront property suddenly seems like a **** option.
  61. Leesee

Doped up on Panadeine Forte....

oh codeine is pretty addictive. you know you're a codeine junkie when you're drinking 2 bottles of cough syrup a day, followed by panadeine forte dissolved in coke as a nightcap lol. their intestines must hate them.
  62. Leesee

mine are all prescribed. you're right though, if an s8 goes missing, criminal charges can be laid.
  63. Leesee

mersyndol leaves me hungooooover. i spend the best part of a day shaking it off. endone is where the fun is. 1 endone + 2 red wines = so stoned i'll sleep through a cyclone. they hand it out like candy in emergency :)
  64. Leesee

panadeine forte is garbage, just sayin'
  65. Leesee

Floodzilla is about to hit Bain-ville

bain, in my experience with natural disasters, it often helps to have lots and lots of alcohol. it helps make you laugh as you watch all your posessions destroyed gympie looked pretty wild on the news tonight. stay safe mate
  66. Leesee

Things You Hate At The Moment

being cut off from brisbane. nooooooo, now i am stuck with all the germans and saffas and their whinging.
  67. Leesee

tendons don't really heal, but over my dead body will i have a reconstruction until i can stick 2 fingers down into the joint. once i can actually move my arm out of the sling without pain/pins and needles, an MRI will decide how aggressive the treatment will be. cortisone injections + physio is...
  68. Leesee

Kenny Powers; Explosive Vibrator

hahahahahahahaha awesome, best thing i've read all day!
  69. Leesee

torn rotator cuff. hello compo!
  70. Leesee

only having one functioning arm. so ****ing bored already.
  71. Leesee

Back to work whinge thread

i'll only whinge because the first business day of the year involves going to rockhampton, other than that it's just work
  72. Leesee

flying ants not having time off over xmas because i don't have kids putting on weight over xmas the humidity
  73. Leesee

How tall are you?

5'11'', but if i stood up straight, 6'1''
  74. Leesee

2010 Christmas Present Thread

hahaha it never goes off, give it to your mrs to give to someone for a secret santa present. i'd not be too impressed if i got ginger for my birthday, i HATE ginger as much as i hate honey!
  75. Leesee

lol that is epic ****, yours beats mine! my picture is just stunning, i'm fairly certain it was a re-gift, and i think i'll just leave it in the boot of my car. ****ing thoughtless pricks
  76. Leesee

2011 New Years Resolutions

stop being a bogan this is going to be very very hard for me, but i am determined to make the change. i highly doubt i will be able to get rid of my commodore though
  77. Leesee

best - jewellery worst - a picture of brisbane's story bridge
  78. Leesee

Sympathy Crying

there's such a thing as sympathy crying?? um, no, i'm a heartless cow and i don't believe in doing such a thing
  79. Leesee

The Xmas Thread

merry christmas to everyone. ergh, i'm only just doing presents and lunch now, but i'm sure it'll make for a looooong night :)
  80. Leesee

What Do Aliens Look Like?

forceps deliveries. every single baby that had its head smooshed by the salad servers had a somehwat alien-like head. i think these poor souls look like aliens (at least until their skull drifts back into shape), especially if they get a lot of facial bruising.
  81. Leesee

Your Drunk Habits and/or Mannerisms

brilliant. it's nice to know i'm not alone
  82. Leesee

please tell me you've had the pleasure of ringing your friends asking where your shirt is lol
  83. Leesee

i seem to have discovered a couple of new ones...speaking in a south african accent (you jest need to fletten yar varls and rrrrroool yar arrrs), or just point blank forgetting how to speak english. highly irritating if you don't know speak croatian lol. my skill for thinking i can bash up men...
  84. Leesee

Digital SLR Camera & Courses

yes yes yes!!!! that's what i plan to do. i've done it before with snow gear, a previous camera, etc. you just have to make sure you get to the airport with plenty of time to spare and then you can do it
  85. Leesee

The New Year's Thread

working the morning shift, then the annual brisbane city hall ball. probably then going to spend the next 3 days out on the boat before returning to work.
  86. Leesee

Lesley Nielsen is deded

oh this is sad, i still love watching the naked gun movies. they can't live forever i guess. rip
  87. Leesee

Bra or no bra when sleeping?

yes but if you're asleep you're none the wiser lol! no bra for me
  88. Leesee

The Xmas Thread

What are you getting your better half? Surfboard What are they getting you? I said I wanted nothing, so chances are I'm getting an xbox What is Santa getting your kids? Nil children What are you getting yourself? New camera What are your plans? Working, so I can avoid my family...
  89. Leesee

Contiki Tours

it's not so much the sleeping part, but why on earth would you want to be dragged around on an organised tour for that length of time? personally i get bored with them very quickly, and besides, you can do a lot of your travel independently. the rail passes make it easy to get around with the...
  90. Leesee

Contiki Tours

minimum 30 days on contiki? **** that right off lol. you're a brave soul hani, very very brave indeed. i will pray for you haha
  91. Leesee

Contiki Tours

i've been told that roughly 2 weeks is the best shelf life of a contiki tour. friends of mine recommended 2 weeks is the best, because any longer than that and you won't be able to fight the urge to kill the annoying people in your group anymore. i'm doing part of my trip next year as...
  92. Leesee

Fried Head.

causes - any day i'm at work relief - beer and xbox. absolutely 0 thought required, and eventually both hemispheres of my brain start firing simultaneously again. i like to think of it as a master reset.
  93. Leesee

Which would you prefer?

so move?
  94. Leesee

Bangladeshi man lashed 100 times for having sex with Filipina maid in the UAE

it's the same as anywhere, don't break the law and you won't be reprimanded. serves him right really.
  95. Leesee

Which would you prefer?

option 1, i'm not afraid to admit it
  96. Leesee

The Fitness Thread

roller skating is going to be my summer replacement for running. may as well have some form of coordination when i start roller derby in february :D
  97. Leesee

Everybody's working for the weekend!

tonight - nothing tomorrow - working and then getting on the piss with jorgie sunday - hangover
  98. Leesee

Ever had that feeling...

he didn't. we had to leave the room, let him finish, we returned, he woke up some hours later and realised what'd happened all he could do was jump off the couch and face the wall while he did his fly up. to this day i don't think he is 100% sure we saw anything, but we don't let him stay over...