Earthquake in North QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How big is DALBEG ???
oooooooooooooooooooooh my god, that's the name of a town i NEVER thought i would find on here. i'm from a tiny town called MILLAROO, one town back from dalbeg, and approx 120km s-w of townsville, and we had about 150 people. DALBEG has about 60 people, cane and cattle town, and literally the end of the line. the road stops at dalbeg, and then it's dirt and you can drive up to the weir at the top of the burdekin river from there. its roughly a 2 hour drive inland from townsville. nothing up there but old wogs and dirt.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the highlight of the drive up to dalbeg CK...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Well .... DALBEG locals are either freakin out or wondering if they've had too much to drink !

Looks nice enough ...

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well .... DALBEG locals are either freakin out or wondering if they've had too much to drink !

Looks nice enough ...
where on earth did you hear about the lunatics up there?
ps - they're always pissed. they all have stills lol

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
USGS link you gave said quake was 125km or so SE of Townsville.

I checked the BOM radar and used their pin-point measurer.
Dalbeg was the closest named place to 125km SE of Townsville.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
USGS link you gave said quake was 125km or so SE of Townsville.

I checked the BOM radar and used their pin-point measurer.
Dalbeg was the closest named place to 125km SE of Townsville.
i've got mixed reports from people in ayr and townsville...some people felt the whole house shudder, others thought the washing machine was on a spin cycle on the timber floors. just when we almost had natural disaster parties under control, everyone will be having an earthquake party tonight haha

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
North Queensland rocked by 5.4 earthquake, 124km southeast of Townsville
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/nor...le/story-e6frfkvr-1226040159087#ixzz1JfY1Sgzb

NORTH Queensland has been rocked by a 5.4 magnitude earthquake, with reports from across the region of buildings "shuddering''.
New Zealand city Christchurch was hit with an aftershock of the same magnitude just 18 minutes later.

The Queensland quake struck at 3.31pm local time, according to a preliminary report by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).

The USGS said it hit about 124km southeast of Townsville and 991km northwest of Brisbane.

The quake's epicenter was at a depth of 10km near Bowen and Ayr.

The quake is one of the largest to occur in Queensland in many years, The Sunday Mail reported.

The USGS measured it as a 5.2 magnitude quake, but Geoscience Australia recorded it at 5.4.

There was no tsunami warning issued and there were no reports of damage.

The Christchurch quake hit at 5:49pm local time and follows the magnitude 6.3 earthquake that hit on February 22, causing widespread damage and a death toll eventually expected to top 180.

The quake's epicenter was 16km east-southeast of the city at a depth of 9.2km, according to the USGS.

Power was knocked out in some parts of the city, which has been experiencing constant aftershocks since a 7.1 quake in September, 2010.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
NZ had another one 18 minutes later? What is going on with the earths plates? Too freaky, will Australia get a big earthquake soon?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeeeewww, nothing's happened in Bowen since I was born there
you're lucky i seen ya mate, the train doesn't stop in bowen on wednesdays

can't remember if that's the right sequence of words, but that XXXX add from about 10 years back always cracked me up

:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.