Search results

1. marsvolta

Monkey says goodbye lmao

any good GIF makers in the kennel? We need the whole celebration, maybe with a real monkey thrown in I can't stand ray hadley
  2. marsvolta

Mbye is already our best half

Dogs are getting so little from their halves. It's amazing how well they have done for a long time now without decent halves. Don't get me wrong, Hodko and Reynolds have their strengths - tough, composed (Hodko that is), passionate, strong in broken play - but they just don't know how to...
  3. marsvolta

James Graham Guilty- 12 week suspension

i disagree. judiciary outcome will make a huge difference. not guilty = reputation *almost* untarnished. small suspension = hit to reputation. big suspension = possibly irrevocably tarnished reputation. whether he bit him or not is an entirely separate matter...
  4. marsvolta

Minor premiers !!!!!!

cancel the t-shirts!
  5. marsvolta

Minor premiers !!!!!!

what is that, three or four games won by teams with multiple tries in the last 2 min this year? it'll never happen against the dogs... i hope
  6. marsvolta

On top in all 3 "grades"

tick tick tick that's the sound of Manly's premiership expiring
  7. marsvolta

Bulldogs Vs Manly - Match Thread

f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking. my dad is a bloody manly supporter. very good game, dogs just aren't quite there at the moment. i have confidence that des can correct some of the attacking mistakes, and even more confidence that the team will improve next year and again the year after.
  8. marsvolta

Round 1 Team Announced.

you are right. romelo's got more heart though.
  9. marsvolta

Round 1 Team Announced.

i'd rather romelo than eastwood, based on what we saw last year
  10. marsvolta

Whats your team for round 1???

glad to hear it
  11. marsvolta

Idris would have benefitted from Hasler

i can't believe it was only one player. i'd lean towards eastwood but is he really high profile these days? pritchard?
  12. marsvolta

Something about Haslers coaching methods

i couldn't find the Des Hasler - 2012 Discussion Thread so i'll post this here. I just got back from the DVD store and who should i bump into but des hasler! we got to chatting and he told me he is very happy how things are going so far with the dogs. he wouldn't reveal too much, but I can...
  13. marsvolta

What do you expect/require from 2012

Before hasler came in, my prediction was around 8th, give or take a spot or two. My reasoning was that, while Dymock showed a fair bit of promise, there were still big holes in their game, defensively speaking in particular. I am all for the argument that there is a lot of improvement in the...
  14. marsvolta

Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

are the dogs done with signings for 2012? i should clarify, I mean signings on a par with James Graham or better, or that would walk into the starting 13/17.
  15. marsvolta

Army welcoming for Des.

right up there in the pantheon of best aussie jingles.
  16. marsvolta

Official: Hasler's Contract Terminated

strong words from a strange man
  17. marsvolta

Hasler in 2012, Foran in 2013?

so can anyone agree how his name is spelled? aiden, aidan, adam, sezar, sezer... this is worse than the duelling press releases about dave warwick, i don't know who to believe.
  18. marsvolta

TKO vs Manly

http://hsimah.blogspot.com/2009/08/weeping-tooley.html
  19. marsvolta

Movember Fever has hit Belmore

mick ennis ftw honorable mention to jono wright and frankie? it's not beardvember, it's movember!
  20. marsvolta

Hasler in 2012, Foran in 2013?

bringing through juniors without getting poached is tricky business. word gets out that a player has potential and all of a sudden you're paying overs - often before any of that potential has been realised. that's where having some other incentives to keep players helps. we're not the best...
  21. marsvolta

Canterbury - Bankstown Sea Eagles

we need to start a thread 'Manly signings'. can be updated each day with a new staff member or player. in other news, Kieran Foran's personal Guru Tugginmapuddha says he wants Foran to play under Des for the rest of his career.
  22. marsvolta

Des Hasler must depart from Manly now

funny you should say that i was thinking of reposting a similar comment i made a while back. that would provide some semblance of stability to manly, while at the same time maximally screwing with the dogs.
  23. marsvolta

Wardy’s Words – NSW Cup Week One Wrap

you can't read too much into these things but... interesting that he mentioned the possible return of josh reynolds. anyone else think keating will get the nod ahead of reynolds, at least to start next year?
  24. marsvolta

954am reports Noel Crusher Cleal to the Bulldogs

this all feels like the gradual ticking off of a list agreed to by dessie and greenberg. - agree deal - announce deal - announce movement of support staff x - announce movement of support staff y - announce early movememnt of des? - announce movement of player x?
  25. marsvolta

1st Day Training

good stuff. i wanna find out their splits and PBs. e.g. sam kasiano maximum bench press: Ben Barba 40m dash: 12s
  26. marsvolta

Addittions to Full Time Squad......

looks to me like improvements in 2012 will need to come from player development and better coaching, rather than new players. Over to you Jimmy.
  27. marsvolta

it is an interesting question. not that he'd get rid of him, but what des see's barba's eventual role being? barba keeps saying he's love to perform to the level of slater, but they're not really cut from the same cloth. if des could turn all of barba's potential into reality, count me happy.
  28. marsvolta

Rumours 2013

thanks for sharing. i can barely get my head around 2012 rumours let alone 2013 rumours. i was speaking to geoff toovey's illegitimate son rupprecht and he said tooves is a big fan of kris keating, so look for him to head to brookie in 2013
  29. marsvolta

Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

someone showing Ben some love. http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=41550
  30. marsvolta

Warming coach's seat not such a bad thing, Stone reassures Dymock

let's not forget des' feelings in all this. do you think he'll like sitting in a freshly warmed seat? i always find it vaguely creepy
  31. marsvolta

Can anybody else feel this?

my main thought is damn, if it's offseason why do i keep coming back here? i feel great about the long term future of the dogs with des coming, but i'm still struggling to picture how 2012 will play out.
  32. marsvolta

Bulldog in blinkers

i was mostly referring to myself, i scoffed a lot as i was writing it. but just imagine the reaction of unbridled joy amongst the fan base with josh morris as captain! perhaps it's all just a ruse and then he'll be quietly slotted into vice captain, making mick ennis the little c.
  33. marsvolta

Bulldog in blinkers

to all those that scoffed when i proposed morris be captain coach, here is the proof that i was 100% correct in every way
  34. marsvolta

2012 Membership Slogan

you'll stay in my heart and i will love you?
  35. marsvolta

Crusher, Des and player recruitment & development

Will it be a huge coup if the Dogs get Crusher as their development/recruitment officer? Or is it more important to have a coach like Des that can turn a talent into a legit player? I tend to believe the latter, although it got me wondering where Cleal ranks among the best talent spotters.
  36. marsvolta

Can We Do it in 2012

fringe of the eight in my opinion. is JD under instructions to prepare the team for Hasler? Or is he told: forget 2013, do whatever you want this year? as i said in another thread: for me it all depends how much of what JD does is transferable to the team under Hasler. If JD is a Des...
  37. marsvolta

Greenberg will be on 2SM after 4:30 news!

i'll be following too :)
  38. marsvolta

Greenberg will be on 2SM after 4:30 news!

i'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will be no news of any kind
  39. marsvolta

2012 Write off or Real

for me it all depends how much of what JD does is transferable to the team under Hasler. If JD is a Des doppelganger then the transition is perfectly smooth, but there's also no point in signing Des If JD is bizarro Des then there are a few serious issues. We'll need to instill different...
  40. marsvolta

Sack Des Hasler now, say Canterbury Bulldogs

It’s kind of funny that the kind of comments some have made about the pitfalls of JD being terminated regardless of result now apply to manly. When do you sack a coach that has just won the premiership? We are about to find that out...
  41. marsvolta

Sack Des Hasler now, say Canterbury Bulldogs

quick thought. If manly releases des just before the season starts they could - buy more time to retain players, plan transition to tooves/cliffy/menzies and give appearance of a considered thought process i.e. that the manly house is in order - get the benefit of the best available coach for...
  42. marsvolta

Andrew Bogut signs on for NBL stint with Sydney Kings while NBA lockout continues

apparently the dispute was over 'a few words' in the contract. lol. like changing 'will pay' to 'will not pay'?
  43. marsvolta

Michael Lett - 2011 Discussion Thread

gus' 'jizzing' over lett included asking andrew ryan why he hadn't made the cut, to which ryan replied 'consistency'. he may have been talking in more veiled terms e.g. what does it take to move from nsw cup to first grade, but i think ryan nailed it there. maybe he'll turn a corner, is there...
  44. marsvolta

Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

credibility. dogs were losing it, they now have it back.
  45. marsvolta

disheartening how we have gone about appointing coach

i'm guessing the gut reaction of many people is - yay for dessie (if dessie comes next year) - pity things couldn't have been worked out better for 2012, but yay for dessie (if dessie comes in 2013)
  46. marsvolta

Scott Penn: [to club officials and players]. Relax, relax. Des isn't going anywhere. He's under contract for next year. I can see some of you shaking your heads. Shame on you. Just to be safe, I've locked Des into this dressing room and won't let him out until - [door comes flying off room and...
  47. marsvolta

finally a voice of sanity. baa baa couldn't do any worse than orford did this year, right?
  48. marsvolta

i could have sworn he said Mick Ennis!
  49. marsvolta

you'll need to update your sig if that happens
  50. marsvolta

Toddy's Twitter Thread

Todd_Greenberg Todd Greenberg Re the many questions relating to the coach-Please do not believe current reports/speculation. When we're ready to confirm details we will! 20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  51. marsvolta

could be a good year, could be a bad one. but there's a reason most coach (and player) signings are for more than one year. well there's probably lots, but at least one of them is for stability and planning
  52. marsvolta

confirmed, repeated, what's the diff. i love how the article says hasler will coach the dogs from 2013, and a few sentences later 'it appears Dymock is unwanted in the top job for 2013'. yes, that would be the appearance given you'd just said hasler will be head coach in 2013.
  53. marsvolta

NSW Cup Grand Final Rates Highly

anyone know if there's highlights online?
  54. marsvolta

kudos for bringing sbw and hasler into the same thread. now if we can just add a ben roberts reference and... done i predict the manly and bulldogs press conferences will be held side by side, and des will walk from the manly desk to ours halfway through
  55. marsvolta

no silly, the medal is for whoever said it first. leave my x chromosome donor out of this. hmm, that could possibly be interpreted in two ways. oh well.
  56. marsvolta

it's important that i allocate bragging rights to this. someone please look up on the internets and tell me who predicted this first.
  57. marsvolta

careful confusing 'confirmed' with 'repeated'. i'm still waiting for anything beyond adrian p's article
  58. marsvolta

no one say "i'll believe it when dogs announce it". we all know team announcements don't mean squat (see Moltzen, Tim). i'll believe it when i see him in a dogs uniform (a cap will do, though maybe some doggie branded boardshorts and thongs would be more apt)
  59. marsvolta

now's probably a good time to point out it's pronounced 'dess' - or as i prefer: 'desce'
  60. marsvolta

i'm almost speechless
  61. marsvolta

Adrian Proszenko - The bipolar journo.

good work documenting that.
  62. marsvolta

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs to appoint Jim Dymock as full time coach

so they never even checked if ricky stuart was interested, even for 2013? interesting if true
  63. marsvolta

2012 NRL Premiership Odds

i know this is for winning comp, not ladder position, but i have to agree. my current expectation is for 8th/9th. if dymock can take the best of what he did this year and add a bit of defence, i'd bump it up to 4th/5th
  64. marsvolta

this. and are we ready to write off kearney? is there any way he'd be extended after this year if he was on a one year deal? one season is not enough to figure out if they're a keeper. might be enough to figure out if the coach is clueless, but good coaches work their magic over time. they...
  65. marsvolta

Jimmy smith on sportsline

i tend to agree then why are they doing it with jd? of course they'll announce a two year deal but this report suggests that's a deception. make it a two or three year deal and give him a fighting chance.
  66. marsvolta

Jimmy smith on sportsline

good coaches build over time. would you take hasler on a one year deal? the incentive now is for jd to put all his eggs in one basket i.e. win now and screw the future. or worse, if he already knows he won't be extended, he gets to tinker round the edges and the best he can hope for is to figure...
  67. marsvolta

jd is being set up to fail with a one year deal. 2012 becomes a wasted year for the team.
  68. marsvolta

bulldogs head coach superthread

thanks phelps fan (cameron? michael? peter?) i wonder what the hints were. Imjay Ymockday?
  69. marsvolta

hey don't shoot the message
  70. marsvolta

just stumbled on this, someone say end of week http://bulldogs.rleague.com/debate.php?pollaction=results&poll_ident=121&l_page=8
  71. marsvolta

i'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but... greenberg has been quoted as aiming for an announcement in the week after the grand final at the latest. reports have said manly is meeting hasler next week to nut out an extension. reports also say he's staying at manly next year anyway...
  72. marsvolta

The Telegraph is trolling us all ...

that's the good thing about news threads here and at other forums. saves you making the trip up the road to the tele/smh
  73. marsvolta

DES hasler

have to share this gem from the silvertails forum. ~~~ RE: Des to the Dogs (Yesterday 02:52 AM)Jono Wrote: Duff is right, and if we lose on Sunday, threads like this are to blame. He's on contract until the end of next year. End of story. DAn close this thread before the boys wake up in...
  74. marsvolta

2011 Grand Final Superthread

some important stats coming from the footy show.. last team to have all three grades in gf was roosters 04. let's hope the warriors' new era of dominance works out better than the roosters' did.
  75. marsvolta

The Telegraph is trolling us all ...

love your work cap'n this may be slightly off topic, but while the news australia articles you cite may indeed be crap, some sports journalism is actually setting the bar across the whole field (i'm thinking bill simmons and friends at espn). the reason is that it goes beyond the usual 'he...
  76. marsvolta

it's not that random, stewart is the only player mentioned in the article as possibly having a getout clause. if i could pick a manly player i'd take lyon. he's just been quoted as saying he'd love to play out his career under des, it's obviously code for him having a get out clause too...
  77. marsvolta

i can imagine the fan reaction if we get brett stewart!
  78. marsvolta

i don't remember the details, just that it appeared close to a done deal at the time then it fell apart. oh well, turned out well for the roosters, they got brian smith instead of bennett... my favourite part in all of this, apart from the possibility of snagging a great coach, is the reaction...
  79. marsvolta

but they're hoping the result will be same.
  80. marsvolta

smelling a bit like bennett's botched deal w roosters
  81. marsvolta

Grand Final day will possibly be a sad day for Canterbury...

another reason to root for the warriors (in first grade)
  82. marsvolta

correct. fwiw i don't doubt that dogs mgmt has indeed contacted, in one way or another, dymock, hasler and stuart. i just suspect they haven't made a decision, which means keeping everyone on hold until they do. a risky business, but not at all beyond them.
  83. marsvolta

Greenberg: Hi Des. First of all, let me congratulate you on the grand final win. Des: Thank you. And let me thank you for helping me jack up my asking price which, I am happy to say, Manly will meet. Greenberg: Oh. Ahh, well. This is a little awkward. [Des hangs up] Des? Are you there? Bugger...
  84. marsvolta

DES hasler

might as well sew up bennett for 2016-2019 while we're at it
  85. marsvolta

Broncos 2012

i think they'll struggle without locky - how couldn't they? my prediction is top 5, but no grand final.
  86. marsvolta

hopefully the coach to leave his team straight after a premiership will be ivan cleary
  87. marsvolta

the whole thing has been slightly surreal. ok, those who say a decision has been made: why has no contact been made with Ricky Stuart yet, why is Greenberg still mulling a trip to the UK, why are the Dogs continuing to approach / poach Des, and why can they not even decide on when they're...
  88. marsvolta

Dear Mars Volta, although you don't know who will become coach, when it is announced you will no longer be able to speculate about it, which is a pity coz it's quite fun. Kind regards, Mars Volta
  89. marsvolta

good on the dogs for trying to get the best possible coach. my feeling is they're kidding themselves about hasler though
  90. marsvolta

i'm getting some strong mail that there'll be a big letdown when they finally announce the coach.
  91. marsvolta

ftr all my posts ever have been pisstakes (except this one. sort of)