What do you expect/require from 2012

?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll bet you $50 that Turner doesn't play FB at all next year, I'd rather Morris at FB.
WiGuM what part of Turner WON'T be or in other words WILL NOT be fullback don't you understand. :confused:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw turner played fullback in every game this year, if the bet counts when barba gets gassed out and needs relief and sends turner to fullback then that is basically guaranteed money

oh another reason patten was a better fullback, barba cant even complete a full game at fullback despite not doing anything back there

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
WiGuM what part of Turner WON'T be or in other words WILL NOT be fullback don't you understand. :confused:
Is your name Steve Turner? Is that why you want him in FB so badly?

what are the rules? injuries included? i might take the bet:p
If Turner plays at fullback for majority of a game while Barba is not injured I lose, even odds

oh another reason patten was a better fullback, barba cant even complete a full game at fullback despite not doing anything back there
Patten was definitely fitter but his support play was gone in 2010, Barba hung around off waiting many times in 2011. Guess it's pointless roaming when you will just get caught before you score anyway

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If Turner plays at fullback for majority of a game while Barba is not injured I lose, even odds
ffs that is interesting stuff, i dont know much about hasler but clearly he is a mad man with emotion

if barba has a game like the few games he refused to contest the ball anything could happen from hasler

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
WiGuM as far as you and I are conserned let's just agree to disagree and let Des sort it all out. Personaly I can't see Benny keeping the FB position for too long as I feel Des may have a trick or two up his sleeve and my guess is it want be turner!!! Time will tell!!!
I'm aint a expert or anything but id say that's a dumb move bro

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ffs that is interesting stuff, i dont know much about hasler but clearly he is a mad man with emotion

if barba has a game like the few games he refused to contest the ball anything could happen from hasler
I agree, only my faith in Hasler tells me he will try to address these issues in the off season. Hopefully he has Benny believing he is playing for his spot once again. A complacent Barba could be terrible.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
S4Sonny if you are referring to the word (want) it is a missprint want = won't

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
shmozzle, mate I am not campaigning for anyone, so stop the BS. Besides what's a Parra fanatic doing on this forum? this is Bulldog country not Eel town :grinning:
look, i just can't see them playing turner at fullback i'm sorry. we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just a good solid top 8 year. I don't expect much but would not be suprised if it went really well either.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
dont understand why it seems some people are in doubt of us playing finals footy next season....with the group of players we have and hasler coming in we shouldnt have any problems at all

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Before hasler came in, my prediction was around 8th, give or take a spot or two. My reasoning was that, while Dymock showed a fair bit of promise, there were still big holes in their game, defensively speaking in particular. I am all for the argument that there is a lot of improvement in the Dogs, but to be fair this can be applied to most other teams too.

With Hasler on board, I am very optimistic about the long term future, but I’m actually more uncertain about next year. He is clearly a man with a vision, and I just don’t see how he can execute that vision within one year. The changes he will make will take a while to filter through the club, from training regimes to playing style and playing roster – bucketloads of spare cash in 2013, anyone?

So my new prediction is 6th. Not good enough to compete for the minor premiership, but Hasler’s attention to detail will help them eke out enough close wins to push into the eight. If Hasler is as good as he thinks, then 2013 and 2014 promise to be very good indeed.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
not expecting miracles from hasler but i expect us to be much better then we have been over the last 2 seasons

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I want to see that defence we saw in the first half of ET against the Eels.. fuark

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found this on Wikipedia re the the effect Bulldogs new sprint coach Clayton Kearney had on Manly: "It has been a rebuilding role with the main focus being on building strength and speed. The team was generally regarded as being slow but since his involvement there has been a marked improvement in speed to the extent that they are now considered one of the quickest teams in the NRL competition".

Presuming he'll have the same result with the Dogs I think we can look forward to a lot more speed off the line in defence plus the team getting on a roll with go forward in the hit ups. Yep, I'm looking forward to 2012.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
yes,yes,yes!! It's going to be so good to see our boys develop.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Read their comments on twitter, it awesome. They are all saying the training is hard but good.
Barba said double weights and double field sessions in 1 day yesterday. Des is working them!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see that defence we saw in the first half of ET against the Eels.. fuark
Spot on. That five minutes or so was some of the best entertainment of the season. Committed, massive hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.