James Graham Guilty- 12 week suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Billy had nothing to hide then why did him and the Storm refuse to supply the Match Review Committee with photos of the injury a few days later, as well as refuse to front the judiciary to give evidence.

ManlyMan

Waterboy: Geoff Toovey
Reaction score
If Billy had nothing to hide then why did him and the Storm refuse to supply the Match Review Committee with photos of the injury a few days later, as well as refuse to front the judiciary to give evidence.
Because they do not have too. The complaint was made on field, multiple referees saw the wound, multiple photos exist. Obviously the lack of additional photos did not stop the MRC from deeming it a serious offence.

Additional involvement from the victim is not required as part of the standard NRL Judiciary procedure

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Graham didnt bite him........ he was whisspering in Billy's ear how much he loved him (i can lip read).....

then, some storm player pulled Graham by the hair, graham screamed in pain (hence opening his mouth) and when he closed his mouth, Billy's ear was accidently in it!

Its a nothing incident!!!

Also, so happy to see the dogs having some mongrel in them!! :grinning:

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is pleading Not Guilty to the charge

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury prop James Graham will plead not guilty to a biting charge at the NRL judiciary on Thursday night.
Graham was on Monday charged with an ungraded dangerous contact offence for allegedly biting the left ear of Melbourne fullback Billy Slater in Sunday's grand final loss to the Storm.
The issue was deemed serious enough to be referred straight to the NRL judiciary.
But by choosing to plead not guilty on Wednesday, Graham is not eligible for the 25 per cent reduction on the final penalty, should he be found guilty.
Graham is in danger of copping a hefty suspension of up to three months which could rule him out for the first 10 rounds of next season.
On Tuesday Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg admitted the footage of Graham's alleged attack on Slater was "damning".
"It's difficult obviously because the pictures are quite damning," Greenberg told Triple M radio.
"... James has been absolutely outstanding for us in 2012.
"I would put him in such a high class of of footballer, he's a wonderful guy, he's done a huge amount of work for us in the community and he's just a good quality human being."
Graham's dangerous conduct charge was the most serious to come out of a spiteful 25th-minute melee which led to three players being charged for fighting.

Melbourne pair Sisa Waqa and Todd Lowrie and Canterbury's Josh Reynolds all accepted early guilty pleas, with the Storm duo to serve one-match suspensions in next year's trials and Reynolds escaping suspension.

Widdler

Waterboy
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe he bit him. Call me biased if you like. He was obviously abusing the **** out of Slater, and you cannot deny the mark on his ear. But, from the footage, it looks to me like his teeth may have came into contact with his ear after being knocked in the scuffle. Bugger all in it in my opinion.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly don't believe he bit him. Call me biased if you like. He was obviously abusing the **** out of Slater, and you cannot deny the mark on his ear. But, from the footage, it looks to me like his teeth may have came into contact with his ear after being knocked in the scuffle. Bugger all in it in my opinion.

I hope this is true.

But I fear the outcome won't even change much, people will still hate on Bupa and probably blame the judiciary for letting him off

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i disagree. judiciary outcome will make a huge difference. not guilty = reputation *almost* untarnished. small suspension = hit to reputation. big suspension = possibly irrevocably tarnished reputation. whether he bit him or not is an entirely separate matter...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i disagree. judiciary outcome will make a huge difference. not guilty = reputation *almost* untarnished. small suspension = hit to reputation. big suspension = possibly irrevocably tarnished reputation. whether he bit him or not is an entirely separate matter...
I agree generally. It will also depend on what evidence and what comments made by the judiciary in handing down their decision are made public.

James has done the right thing keeping his head down, and letting others do the talking.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm an interesting development indeed.

See with Billy not giving the MRC a photo of the cut (they requested one), or fronting to the MRC in regards to give evidence over it, it throws question on his side of the story. Much easier to lie on a piece of paper than in person.

In addition the Bulldogs move to challenge it. Whta if Graham states he did not bite him, but simply mouthed off in his ear, and when on the ground punched Slater in the head causing the injury (or someone kicked Slater accidentelly in melee in side of head causing the injury).

Without Slater there to argue his side of the case, it opens a pandoras box of excuses (or possible explainations) for the Bulldogs as to the incident.

Honestly, if they are going to suspend him for it, the Judiciary already have this in mind and nothing will stop them. But if they actually listen to the case and evidence given by both sides, he might have a chance.

One thing is for sure, if Graham gets off (or off lightly), and nothing is done over Mad Monday, opposition fans will lose the plot.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if he didn't do it, I reckon he's fked. The media have already executed him. Too much pressure for the judiciary to do nothing now.

Mozza77

Waterboy
Reaction score
Asthma sufferer? Will Chambers arm? Bill Slater grabbing his crotch?

Any one of those excuses will place a bit of doubt and he will walk away with a minor sentence.
Recall earlier this year when Cronulla Sharks Toyota Cup player Daniel Moroko only received a week for a clear bite. He claimed asthma. You can see Graham initially lifting his head as if he is gasping for air as he was locked in by 3 dirty Melbourne players.
Look at the replays closely, you will also see Storm No4 player, I think Will Chambers, place significant downward pressure on Grahams head as his mouth passes Slater's ear (someone mention it here earlier).
Then there is another possibility, I think Slater is a sleazy dirty player and in the slow-mo replay you can see Slater's arm around Grahams hips before they disappear below the belt....it wouldn't surprise me

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mr I, I am glad you also noticed that Slater and Graham were the last two players to get up off the ground after the Melee and I too saw clearly at least two punches to the side of Slaters head, Grahams right fist twice in the side of Slaters left side of his head.
Watch the replay, you can see it quite clearly.... I actually noticed it in Slow Motion replay but non of the commentators noticed it either.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
When it first happened I thought it could have come from a boot stud when Slater was on the ground. Who knows really

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The way I see it. The club isn't stupid. If they have decided to fight it, it's for good reason.

What the reason is, remains to be heard.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm I missing somthing on this, I haven't seen anything that shows him doing it at all?
His head being where it is in the pictures is pretty easy to understand, and to be honest, they where fighting..... I'm more shocked that Slatter wasn't showing more damage after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.