Bulldog in blinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
JIM Dymock has not spoken with Des Hasler since round 24 - and the Bulldogs coach has no plans of making contact with his Sea Eagles counterpart any time soon.

Coup: Bulldogs CEO*Todd Greenberg deep in conversation with Jim Dymock - the coach for the 2012 campaign - yesterday. Picture: Sam*Ruttyn

Dymock has made it crystal clear he is in charge of the Dogs next year - and not there to “keep the seat warm” for the incoming*Hasler. Making sure there was no overlap between Belmore and Brookvale, Dymock assured anxious Bulldogs fans there would be no confusion or distractions caused by the coaching scenario. A fortnight out from Bulldogs pre-season training, Dymock told The Daily*Telegraph: HE is still in the market for an outside back to cover Jamal Idris and a*half; THE captaincy issue remains undecided, with early favourite Michael Ennis to receive stiff competition from James Graham, Josh Morris and Steve*Turner; ONE simple goal is to play September football;*and HE would have been bitter had he lost out on the 2013 gig to a coach with a similar profile or*experience. “If I was going to get trumped, I wanted to get trumped by someone with a big profile, not a newbie or someone from overseas. I would have been dirty then,” Dymock*said.

Ready to fly: Manly coach Des Hasler has signed for the Bulldogs in 2013. Picture: Gregg*Porteous

“I’m a*realist. It is what it is, and the way I see it is I’m getting my*opportunity. “If you had said to any assistant coach, ‘do you want to be a head coach one year and then be taught the trade by one of the top coaches?’, I’m sure they’d grab it with both*hands. “I’m not here to make the numbers up and keep the seat warm for Dessie. He’ll be trying to win for Manly and I’ll be trying to win. I try to win anything, be it table tennis or marbles. I haven’t spoken to Des at all. There’s been no text, no nothing. The last time we spoke was probably in passing when we last played in round*24. “That’s the way I prefer it. It would be funny if I rang him all the time, or he was ringing me. It’s Dessie’s time in 2013, it’s my time in 2012, and I want to get that straight. Des won’t tread on my toes, that’s why he’s so well thought of in the football community. I’m sure he’ll let me do my*job.” Dymock said it had been easy to lift the players during his seven games in charge last season, especially given Canterbury were an outside chance to reach the*finals. “The real challenge is keeping them up for 26 rounds, but it will be a learning curve for me,” Dymock said. “There will be hiccups but that’s when you show what you’re made*of.” Follow @Telegraph_Sport on Twitter and like Telegraph Sport on*Facebook

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to see we are in the market for a half, not that there is much out there.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
what worries me is that dymock is potentially making long term decisions in a short term role for example buying a player in the halves role (just 1 example)

which is why bennet was setting up his 2012 Newcastle team whislt coaching the dragons

how will decisions made by a coach that effect the club beyond 2012 be handled until des arrives?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I want to hear. The man is determined.

And lol @ this comment... love it

I try to win anything, be it table tennis or marbles

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
what worries me is that dymock is potentially making long term decisions in a short term role for example buying a player in the halves role (just 1 example)

which is why bennet was setting up his 2012 Newcastle team whislt coaching the dragons

how will decisions made by a coach that effect the club beyond 2012 be handled until des arrives?
There is a recruitment and retention committee. This includes TG, The Coach, Recruitment manager and a couple others. I am sure any long term signings will be run through Des to make sure it fits in with his plans.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
to all those that scoffed when i proposed morris be captain coach, here is the proof that i was 100% correct in every way

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
to all those that scoffed when i proposed morris be captain coach, here is the proof that i was 100% correct in every way
Because a DT journe said so? lol, he probably got his source from here i.e. you.

p.s. I don't think im one of those who "scoffed" or had any other reaction.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
James Graham is more lol that the others tbh...

Play a game in the league first ffs

B

Baghdatis

I lolled at Josh Morris and Steve Turner wanting to be captain. You can't captain from Wing or Centre.

I'd go with James Graham as my first choice for captain and than Ennis. Maybe we could have a Co-Captain?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if Graham gets captaincy I'll go nuts. he has NFI wat it means to be a bulldog. he cud b a total dud! IMO ennis shud get it.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I lolled at Josh Morris and Steve Turner wanting to be captain. You can't captain from Wing or Centre.

I'd go with James Graham as my first choice for captain and than Ennis. Maybe we could have a Co-Captain?
I lol'ed at your suggestion of Graham considering his inexperience at NRL level. Gotta learn to think things over before you go laughing at things and then making stupid suggestions.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis for captain. Ive never seen turner or morris talk on the field and graham what a joke how can you captain a team you have never played in.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
speaking of James Graham, my question for the day is why would he want to come play here?? Surely he would be much better off (financially) to remain in the esl yes??

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To test himself in the best competition in the world.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because a DT journe said so? lol, he probably got his source from here i.e. you.

p.s. I don't think im one of those who "scoffed" or had any other reaction.
i was mostly referring to myself, i scoffed a lot as i was writing it. but just imagine the reaction of unbridled joy amongst the fan base with josh morris as captain! perhaps it's all just a ruse and then he'll be quietly slotted into vice captain, making mick ennis the little c.

B

Baghdatis

Josh Morris is my favourite player. But no way, he is NOT a captain.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Please guys don't scoff at my suggestion, but here goes:

Our captain should not be a winger or a centre; our captain should be a player that leave by example and leads from the front.

Our captain should be a player that has NRL experience and has been with the club for at minimum 3 years.

Our captain must be a fierce competitor and must bleed blue and white, taking all of these attributes into account now; answer the question, who do you want to be our captain ?

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jamie Lyon

Status
Not open for further replies.