Search results

1. Sull

Consolidated Inu Suspension / Goal Kicker thread.

Dangerous tackle yes, but they should fight for a low grading on three arguments: 1) Inu's left hand is only grabbing Inglis' jersey around the chest. 2) His right hand was lifting around Inglis' knee, not between his legs. Try and flip 100kg with your hands like that. Obviously the...
  2. Sull

Bye Bye Keating :)

Leaves the halves depth a bit thin if true though. But I guess they could do the Barba to 6 and M Brown fullback switch if therrs an injury. Im not fussed with a decision either way.
  3. Sull

2014 Fantasy Leagues - DT SuperCoach, NRL Fantasy, Fantasy Fox

Same 2 i have to go haha T Carney, Fensom and T Williams getting me over 80 has given me a good start.
  4. Sull

Dogs sign Mitch Brown - effective NOW apparently

Depth is thin in the outside backs. Sensible enough signing.
  5. Sull

2014 Fantasy Leagues - DT SuperCoach, NRL Fantasy, Fantasy Fox

780 in NRL dreamteam with 2 to go
  6. Sull

Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

I'd really cringe if we did sign them. They are Manly through and through and we dont need them. I just think its stupid. They'll be 28 and 29 next year. Whats the point of signing them for a cuddlefest with their daddy figure Hasler for 2 years or so then they run off to ESL for the cash.
  7. Sull

Is Samisoni Langi the one we need?

Years away. Even if he develops into FG it won't be before 2013-14.
  8. Sull

Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

While not the best winger in the comp he is still twice as good as any 3 of our current wing options. People are kidding themselves if they would say no thanks. As a club we do have reportedly close to a million left in the cap for next year so might as well use some of it. They have retained...
  9. Sull

Round 21 Team Announcement

The way Tim Browne has been dominating NSW Cup I thought he deserved a call up over Armit. Only other issue I have is I'd prefer Morris in for Wright.
  10. Sull

Jason Taylor - Four point guide to fixing Dogs this week.

Don't worry JT, our whole gameplan involves not getting it to the edges and focusing on inside balls. The warriors don't even have to pressure us into that. My god if depth in attack is key to beating the warriors we are completely ****ed lol
  11. Sull

Dogs Team vs Storm

So Taupau gets a run now. The week he has to back up after starting for the residents team. Odd timing but I'll still take it.
  12. Sull

Roosters can make history

Lol. The 2 most painful placings
  13. Sull

Ben Roberts elbow

Penalty sufficient at best. He couldn't even see where his head was.
  14. Sull

Ben Barba - 2011 Discussion Thread

First ordinary game. Still our best positive out of this whole god awful season.
  15. Sull

Dogs set to entertain in Penrith

Bump. Hahahaha
  16. Sull

Aaron Groom in 2009

Folkes is a family friend, I know he had a little bit of input in the bigger signings ie. Holdsworth, Sullivan etc. But majority were Keith Onslow and Noad. Ps. By big I mean starting 13 hopeful signings :p not that they were considered signing strokes of genius.
  17. Sull

Aaron Groom in 2009

Still don't know why we weren't that competitive back then. Groom, Ngawini, D Williams, Aaron Wheatley, Leaeno, Youngquest, Reece Blayney, Frank Winterstein..We had world beaters yet failed
  18. Sull

Rd 17 Dogs Team - Roberts bench, Halatau @ hooker

Playing a hooker at five eighth, utility at hooker, five eigth on bench. Lol
  19. Sull

Dogs boss shocked at Tolman's NSW omission

Tolman has NSW quantity but not NSW quality in terms of prop workload. Against a rep pack he'd get dominated much more.
  20. Sull

Kris Keating - 2011 Discussion Thread

Still think I scream "Pass it! Pass it now!" about 3 out of every 4 of his touches. Very frustrating.
  21. Sull

What has moore done to improve the teams attacking skills

Rd 1 Tigers - Ennis run around with Kasiano to hit short ball to Pritchard - TRY Rd 7 Rabbitohs - Hodkinson no look inside ball to Barba with Ennis edging out markers - TRY Rd 13 Sea Eagles - Sweeping backline movement for Pritchard to hit Turner at fullback on the inside - 60m linebreak...
  22. Sull

Dale Finnucane

Will no doubt be our lock once Stagg moves on. He is an athletic workhorse like Matt Prior. No one can be Paul Gallen lol.
  23. Sull

Next Gen: Dogs youngsters shining

Lachlan Burr has the athleticism to be an amazing full time first grader. This is his second full year in 20's and he still makes a lot of silly errors and penalties though. Hopefully he matures.
  24. Sull

NYC Round 16 Team List

Sean Deaves is unlucky to have to drop back due to Lafai returning. He had a sensational game on the wing.
  25. Sull

Idris out to repay Bulldogs teammates

Talkety talk talk
  26. Sull

Angry Anderson blames clubs insiders for leaking rumours to have Moore sacked

I think it's true that when people say we have a top-4 roster they are exaggerating how good we are. A lot of areas in our team are mediocre. Still doesn't explain the poor line speed, lack of aggression and discipline, poor kick chase, simple errors and simple gameplan though.
  27. Sull

2011 / 2012 Player Movements + Rumour Mill

Joseph Tomane would sign with a netball team if the price was a cent more
  28. Sull

Nsw cup round 16 team

Tim Browne I think will spend at least 6-8 weeks in NSW Cup before getting a call up (if at all) just since he's had a 9 month knee op recovery
  29. Sull

Dogs Rd 16 Team - Mediocrity rewarded

Yeahhhhh. I tried hard. But can't positively spin this one at all. Ugh.
  30. Sull

New T-Shirt idea for the merchandising department

All they need is a "Bulldogs: The New Breed" standard one and throw it out there every 2 years or so when the next mass player turnover comes around.
  31. Sull

They have Soward, Hornby, Young and now Fien re-signed. Why would they even want him?
  32. Sull

Folkes criticises the Bulldogs buying culture

Anyone who still bags Folkes as a coach is insane. Under his direction no quality player went unnoticed, no matter how you argue it. Great winning record and a premiership.
  33. Sull

I think the biggest hint that he has signed/thinking of signing is the fact that when he turned down penrith to coach there was no "my focus is NSW longterm" headlines blasted around. It was a quiet no from him.
  34. Sull

What's On With Kristi

Can Kristi play five-eigth?
  35. Sull

Your Passion

I have no connection to our playing roster whatsoever. They are essentially tools to be used to obtain a goal. This is the issue with the salary cap. I no longer feel like players are "ours" or any emotional attachment to what we cheer on each week. They are essentially faceless jerseys running...
  36. Sull

It was just a poor signing. If he was playing hooker for someone he'd look quite good. We had enthusiasm that he would turn out to be a good five-eigth. We were wrong, not the end of the world.
  37. Sull

Greg Inglis

He is going to be Brohman-esque when he retires. The amount of weight he puts on every off-season shows that.
  38. Sull

Things you learnt from todays match

Kick return. Dummy half run. Dummy half run. Hit up. Inside ball to forward. Kick. Interchange bomb to right corner for tackle five option if inside 20. Our gameplan. Also, if on the goalline a good way to shake things up a bit is to try a barge over play or 8.
  39. Sull

That "2011 Bullduds" banner at the game today

Andrew Ryan was our best forward today. He's not the reason they are sucking. Moore though now has nowhere to hide. "Buddy" coaches can't motivate. Nathan Brown is an example.
  40. Sull

"returning to basics" makes you look pretty basic. Also Keating isn't a halfback either
  41. Sull

10. Having a week off to refresh actually makes you slower as a team than before
  42. Sull

Kevin Moore - 2011 Discussion Thread

No line speed in defence, no aggression, no pressure, no kick chase, no structure in attack. Can't see this coaching staff dodging the blame now.
  43. Sull

Bulldogs Team Vs Sharks

Serious problems in the team evident now. When you cone out of the bye weekend looking that slow and pedestrian there is just something up.
  44. Sull

According to 2GB now dogs deny he has signed. Media circus over Joel Reddy. Sigh.
  45. Sull

Roberts concedes his career at Canterbury Bulldogs could finish after this weekend

He'll need at least 2 try assists to the left edge players to attempt to retain the number 6 jersey
  46. Sull

Bulldogs Team Vs Sharks

Idris, Goodwin, Foster, Hodgson dropped. 4 weakest links in the team. I like it.
  47. Sull

Jamal Dropped

Been calling for his head since rd 5. Bench forward for the rest of the year.
  48. Sull

Josh Jackson

Certainly helps though. No doubt he has the skills to make it but yeah just stating there isn't many backrowers his size around. Definitely a few good ones though.
  49. Sull

Josh Jackson

He's definitely a good player but is anyone else concerned about his size? Even for an under 20's backrower he is pretty small. But then again at the start of the year I never would have thought Tim Lafai could handle FG so who knows.
  50. Sull

Origin a work in progress for Idris

I don't usually use the term facepalm, but this first article made me facepalm.
  51. Sull

Josh Jackson

Michael Oldfield is a great player. Unlucky not to have a permanent wing spot at Manly
  52. Sull

The "Joel Romelo" Pain-Train.

Keating would be a great player in a 2 hooker rotation team. But starting five eighth with his style is a bit of a clash I think.
  53. Sull

2011 / 2012 Player Movements + Rumour Mill

Beau Henry to the Titans as of Monday for this year and till end of 2014. Cop that Aiden Sezer.
  54. Sull

Even though I love our 3 young props coming through in Kasiano, Taupau and Browne I still would like one more good prop for next yr. You need a good 5-6 props in the roster since it's the position that gets most affected with injuries. Look at our go forward at the moment without...
  55. Sull

Canterbury captain Andrew Ryan says he is determined to stay at Bulldogs next season

The decision to keep Ryan or not is hardly the biggest problem at present! I can't see why not to keep him.
  56. Sull

Congrats to Doggie Diva, Pom 81 and Bry

Can we select Bry to play in the Centres in FG instead? Time to blood a new right centre for 2012
  57. Sull

Bulldogs to look in-house for new centre

They have an in house scout who keeps an eye on players in the system who look the goods. They meet with him approx 2 weeks after our season is already stuffed or thereabouts
  58. Sull

2011 Fantasy Leagues - DT SuperCoach, NRL DreamTeam, Fox Fantasy

I got 826. Bought Fensom now too for a 25-30 pt player so should improve 20-30 points next full round.
  59. Sull

Bulldogs to look in-house for new centre

Lafai deserves first shot for sure. No other good centres on offer anymore. Rather get a prop and winger. Anyone know what Wes Naiqama's plans are for next year? I've always had a soft spot for him ever since he debuted. Not saying he's a long term prospect or anything but I'd welcome him for...
  60. Sull

Your team rd 15 vs sharks

01. Ben Barba 02. Steve Turner 03. Josh Morris 04. Tim Lafai 05. Michael Lett 06. Kris Keating 07. Josh Reynolds 08. Aiden Tolman 09. Michael Ennis 10. Mickey Paea 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg 14. Jamal Idris 15. Greg Eastwood 16. Sam Kasiano 17. Martin Taupau (this is...
  61. Sull

Josh Morris - 2011 Discussion Thread

There should be one of those facebook groups that says "folding up your bulldogs no. 3 jersey without having to wash it after a hard day of watching Keating run it himself"
  62. Sull

Sam Kasiano - 2011 Discussion Thread

He tried hard and has some things to work on. Bit like Foster, how much do you expect from a rookie prop forced to start in a forward pack with no momentum. If he was a player of 60 games experience I'd expect a lot more but he's played half a dozen at 20, especially a big ask starting most of them.
  63. Sull

Jake Foster - 2011 Discussion Thread

Pretty hard to look good as a rookie backrower when your taking the 3rd hitup in a set of six when your other props/forwards are getting bent over and dominated in the runs before you. Having said that though no excuses for simple errors. Not what we need at the moment but not writing him off...
  64. Sull

Tim Lafai - 2011 Discussion Thread

He only scored 2 individual tries and set his winger up twice for tries in 20's last night at right centre. Not ready clearly..
  65. Sull

Kimmorley, Holdsworth and Patten would be better

Lol mate our forwards are to blame here. Nothing else at all.
  66. Sull

Parra vs Dragons - to Laugh or Cry?

Combined between both teams: 3 tries off fumbled bombs and 1 off a fumbled grubber. Classic stuff.
  67. Sull

Rd 13 Bulldogs Team

Word I've heard is that Millington is called up. Whether to cover for Stagg or Eastwood I do not know.
  68. Sull

RYAN SNUBBED - Bulldogs set offload a Legend

I'd give him one more year. I think this year has been his best year on field for us in about 5 years.
  69. Sull

YOUR Bulldogs Team Vs. Sea Eagles

Yeah no change in halves needed. When Reynolds plays halfback in reserves he sits on the right side of the field also, just like Hodkinson. He'll be ready
  70. Sull

Jake Foster - 2011 Discussion Thread

It took him about a year to get used to NSW Cup too after moving up from Under 20's too. Has shown glimpses of potential but yes playing a bit poorly at the moment.
  71. Sull

Ben Barba to halves as Trent Hodkinson charged

No quotes or sources anywhere. Pure speculation. Reynolds straight in.
  72. Sull

YOUR Bulldogs Team Vs. Sea Eagles

Same team except Reynolds for Hodkinson. Millington in for Foster would also be a change I'd consider. This week's game is all going to come down to how much Idris is sucked in and embarrassed by Foran. He could have a field day against "charge infield" Jamal.
  73. Sull

Josh Morris - 2011 Discussion Thread

If they do EVER move Idris to the backrow, I'd put Morris next to him out wide. The attention Idris commands in defence could work wonders in giving Morris plenty of space in attack. Then again you'd think Pritchard would also yet we don't see Morris utilized enough.
  74. Sull

Confidence, Momentum, blah, blah, blah ...

Throwaway win I think. Can't judge much on it, was a bludger of a game. If a few are suspended and heard Stagg and Pritchard picked up niggles as well as Eastwood with his eye. Next week may be a throwaway loss as well.
  75. Sull

Players on Report

Corey Payne - shouldn't even get charged Trent Hodkinson - low grade reckless? May get a week not sure with the loading Michael Ennis - low grade careless at worst, hopefully can play
  76. Sull

where the titans game will be won and lost

With our injuries if it was any other forward pack I'd say there, but the Titans aren't a strong pack. All comes down to our halves giving outside backs opportunities and our right side defence. Titans attack through their left edge mostly also so Idris and Turner better be ready.
  77. Sull

Hodgo calls out from Suncorp

As long as he's not calling out because he's collapsed again and can't get up.
  78. Sull

Titans or bust for Bulldog Idris

I'm going to very carefully watch how Idris plays next year. Will tell us a lot about our coaching.
  79. Sull

2011 Injury Thread

Starting to doubt whether Tim Browne will ever get back into FG. His knee must be ****ed up hard.
  80. Sull

But I think originally the back 5 was 01. Michael Gordon/Lachlan Coote 02. David Simmons 03. Michael Jennings 04. Timana Tahu 05. Brad Tighe Cause Earl has played a bit of NSW Cup this year. I could be wrong though.
  81. Sull

Lower Grades Line up

Ah probably. Oh well as long as he extends his contract I'm happy. SaMi Taupau probably will be, has been the last 2 weeks as well.
  82. Sull

Can't say I've seen much of Sandor Earl play or even studied his form much when I have. But when David Simmons can keep you out of the top 17 a few concerns arise.
  83. Sull

According to Peter Mulholland twitter we are not signing Joel Reddy.
  84. Sull

Lower Grades Line up

Why still Reynolds and Romelo roles reversed. Reynolds is a half and will never be a FG hooker.
  85. Sull

Offical Bulldogs Team v Titans

I guess the issue with Ryan in the front row is that it definitely makes the starting backrow less fit in terms of minutes, having Halatau over Reynolds covers an extra backrower as Foster can't play as long as Bobcat would you would think.
  86. Sull

I'll wait for it to be official but I wouldn't be surprised if this was it.
  87. Sull

Should win but I said that last week.
  88. Sull

Halves not to blame for Dogs' slide: Moore

It's out in the open now. Drastic changes were never going to happen no matter who coached us. Must win these next 2 games
  89. Sull

Trent Hodkinson - 2011 Discussion Thread

Oh for sure, there is a lot exposed now and how the club/coaching staff/players respond to this will be a big issue for not only this year but our direction for the next 2-3. If things go unaddressed over the next few weeks I will have lost my faith in Kevin Moore in coach (which is still there...
  90. Sull

Hodkinson takes blame for Dogs' NRL woes (+ Tolman update)

Reynolds' service from dummy half was especially slow, very hard to set up something attacking a tryline when the defence is only a metre away and can rush up fast on your playmakers. Ennis returning will solve that but there is still many other things to fix. I really liked Reynolds and think...
  91. Sull

Trent Hodkinson - 2011 Discussion Thread

He's definitely on notice now. Let's see how he responds.
  92. Sull

RIP Sam Faust

Wow very sad :(. Thoughts with his family.
  93. Sull

YOUR Round 12 Bulldogs Team

I think the halves would get one week to show improvement, Moore wouldn't slash changes over one week. I'd go with 01. Ben Barba 02. Steve Turner 03. Josh Morris 04. Tim Lafai 05. Bryson Goodwin 06. Kris Keating 07. Trent Hodkinson 08. Greg Eastwood 09. Michael Ennis 10. Andrew Ryan 11. Frank...
  94. Sull

NYC Round 11 Team List

Ah good.
  95. Sull

Aiden Tolman - 2011 Discussion Thread

Collateral. The thing with the MCL is that once it goes once it's always going to be a bit unstable and at high risk of re-injuring, so yep definitely as you said could have some other little tweaks here and there. But what I meant is that it's not something that an increased workrate would...
  96. Sull

Where do the improvements need to occur ?

Idris to backrow, Ryan to prop. Especially with injuries. (man Tandy surely did **** us over) Lafai to centre Reynolds to start in halves, one of the other 2 to play the other position. Taupau given a chance with these last few injuries.
  97. Sull

NYC Round 11 Team List

Is it true Lafai is back to playing left centre?
  98. Sull

Nah if the medial is done it's through an acute trauma to the outside of the knee pushing the joint towards the midline of the body. Not a wear and tear thing.
  99. Sull

Huge loss. He did his medial last yr at the Storm too.