Dogs sign Mitch Brown - effective NOW apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mole ‏ @RLW_Mole Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
BREAKING: @NRL_Bulldogs have signed talented utility back Mitch Brown from @Wests_Tigers - effective NOW! #andhecanplay

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He seems like a fringe first grader. Hopefully thats what he is at the dogs. Would be bad if we picked him to put pressure on barba. Cant see him as a top line fullback. I would have him behind Lett (was great in the trials at fullback) and Abu-sleiman. So 3rd choice back up. Unless he is seen as a centre.

I think Tagive has something to prove and lett is capable on the right wing.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
lol poor tigers, he was suppose to be in the running for the Vacant Fullback position left by Tadesco. Now it's between Humble and Reddy.

Very strong player btw, I'd throw him in centre right away. More than capable of doing the job. Highly rated, by me anyway.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Hopefully he can play centre. Always thought he is more of a fb/wing but if he can adapt to the centres Id give him a shot over Wright.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is hopeless.

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd give him a run at centre if Wright doesn't perform this week.

Other possibility could be Des is looking to shift Barba to 5/8 and wants another option for fullback.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Depth is thin in the outside backs. Sensible enough signing.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Another possibility is that Des is looking to shift Barba to reserve grade and wants another option for fullback

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we signed him immediately u'd think des wants him in the 17 somewhere. Why else wud he leave the tigers, wud of thought he'd take over tedesco. Jus not sure where he'll play. If wright goes surely lafai comes in. Bench spot?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would say that wright is on his way out...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to this story, Mitch Brown wants to play in the centres.....

http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com..../mitch-brown-leaves-wests-tigers/2477195.aspx
Mitch Brown leaves Wests Tigers
BY ALICIA SYLVESTER
05 Mar, 2012 11:34 AM
Wests Tigers have released centre Mitch Brown from his contract, freeing him up to play for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Speaking exclusively with the Advertiser, Wests Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys said Brown approached the club for a release because he wanted to take up an opportunity at the Bulldogs.

''He's a terrific young bloke,'' Humphreys said.

''We wish him well and he's enjoyed his time here.

''He turns 25 this year and he felt he needed to position himself somewhere where he could secure a starting spot.

''His preferred position is centre.''

Brown has played 39 games for the Tigers and has scored seven tries.

He joined the club in 2010 after a four-year stint with the Cronulla Sharks.

Brown is known as a utility player and can slot into the roles of fullback, winger or centre – positions for which there is no shortage of candidates at the Tigers.

The club has plenty of talent on its books for the fullback, winger and centre positions, with the likes of Chris Lawrence, Matt Utai, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford, Lote Tuqiri, James Tedesco, John Grant, Joel Reddy, Tom Humble and Tim Simona able fill the five positions.

The Wests Tigers are expected to release a statement in the coming hour.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i would imagine he would be centre, i'm happy with him. hes a good player, in my opinion offers more then wright.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
I rate Mitch Brown (well what I saw of him playing for the Tigers) and I reckon he will be a gun in the centres.
Mitch is quicker than Wright and very good defensively. I think Des must have cracked it with the lack of talent we have in that position.
Good signing for mine..

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
Very good signing in my opinion. Tigers fans are filthy that they let him go, he will do wonders in the centers

Status
Not open for further replies.