Kris Keating - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's a momentum killer. Attack stops when the ball gets to him, and thats (one of the reasons) why our centres and forwards are getting the ball flat.

Then his dropouts go 30-40m MAX, and he constantly kicks and doesn't chase, or kicks straight to the fullback, or both.

When Parramatta sign Daniel Mortimer and release you, you know you aren't that good a player.

We signed this bloke using the DUMB theory that because they played rep halves years ago together they'd be brilliant. But players games change over time.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
i actually like keating he can be a very good player just give him time, we have seen glimpses of what he can do we just have to wait for the team to gel for him to truly shine

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i actually like keating he can be a very good player just give him time, we have seen glimpses of what he can do we just have to wait for the team to gel for him to truly shine
it has already been 4 months he has had with the team....surely thats more than enough time to "gel" with the team

C

chipandchase

That was Hodkinson not Keating. Hodkinson had the 5 man overlap and kicked.
spot on, a halfback should have vision and Hodkinson on that occasion kicked when he had a 5 man overlap, that is not good enough. what happens if that costs us a game?

our game plan and structure did not change on friday night which doesnt help Keating and Hodkinson.
the sad fact is if Benji plays we get lapped once again, sorry to be negative but that is reality

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
spot on, a halfback should have vision and Hodkinson on that occasion kicked when he had a 5 man overlap, that is not good enough. what happens if that costs us a game?

our game plan and structure did not change on friday night which doesnt help Keating and Hodkinson.
the sad fact is if Benji plays we get lapped once again, sorry to be negative but that is reality
Trent showed that he has potential and he def has more then keating. that 5 man overlap could have cost up but it didnt and in the end we won, in a couple of years he will be a much better player and have more vision. I agree he hasnt lived up to his expectation so far this year but if u are willing to give keating time then def trent deserves some time as well. though agree about benji wests would have been alot of more competitive but whos to say we wouldnt have won eitherway?

C

chipandchase

Trent showed that he has potential and he def has more then keating. that 5 man overlap could have cost up but it didnt and in the end we won, in a couple of years he will be a much better player and have more vision. I agree he hasnt lived up to his expectation so far this year but if u are willing to give keating time then def trent deserves some time as well.
i dont think either play is the answer for us.
also, you dont obtain vision with experience, you either have it or you dont.
obviuosly i hope both Hodkinson and Keating take us to new heights but i cant see it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My biggest gripe with him right now is the line depth. Not sure if its him or the coaching staff telling him to do it but everytime he received the ball in the Tigers game he already had his left side cut off making it impossible to pass to Morris.

I don't know if it's his choice but it's annoying me. When Robert played last weekhe stood deeper which gave him the option to pass or run, Keating isn't giving himself that option.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i dont think either play is the answer for us.
also, you dont obtain vision with experience, you either have it or you dont.
obviuosly i hope both Hodkinson and Keating take us to new heights but i cant see it
yeah i do agree with you but for now we have keating and hodkinson but i do believe that hodkinson has been the better of the two. But also would have loved to seen a combo of sezer and reynolds those two could have killed it, it may have taken some time but they could have.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, if he can't get the ball out there is no point continuing.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure if I've ever seen a 5/8 who looks LESS likely to pass the ball.

I don't mind this guys enthusiasm but I really wish he's hurry up and figure out that he has players outside him, and he can actually give the ball early as opposed to always being the one to throw the money ball.

I've watched the game against the Tigers a couple of times and dead set he's a backline killer.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Still think I scream "Pass it! Pass it now!" about 3 out of every 4 of his touches. Very frustrating.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's plain and simple.... Keating is NSW Cup worthy at best (and even then it shouldn't be at the expense of our NSW Cup players).

He's a hooker, but we already have Ennis, and Reynolds/Romelo as backup hookers.

Pay the guy out and send him on his way. It's a competition to see who is more useless out of him or Moore.

Moore puts his head in the sand and is oblivious to any shortfalls in our side, whilst Keating just kills any momentum our team has.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
This fckwit can't even play hooker, just pick up the fcking ball and pass it. He still struggles to pass the ball from HOOKER ffs ! he shuffles then passes, by the time first receiver gets the ball the defense is already up in his face !

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Even then sometimes he couldn't even do that.

Pritchard at dummy half? Halatau at dummy half? Doesn't he realise the hooker SHOULD be at dummy half.

Helena_K

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
last night we had frankie idris ryan morris barba kasiano eastwood stagg roberts hodkinson halatau wright turner all pass from dummy half

wasnt keating meant to be the 9

reflection of the coach and keating

G

Gladiator.

All you c*nts eat a f*cking humble pie, KK is the future is he? LOL!

We lost Ben Roberts for this piece of ranga sh*t?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm dubbing him "Momentum Killer". The ball gets to him and pretty much you know it's going nowhere else except:
A) Straight to the opposing fullback/winger.
B) Into the air for a bomb nobody except Keating knew he was doing.
C) Into the back of a defending player for a chargedown.
D) Handed over because the bloke can't count to 5 and realise it's the last tackle.

At least Morris is happy at the moment. With Keating not playing in the #6 he's actually getting some ball. Just a shame he's a bloody ball hog.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
at the beginning of the year i was willing to give him a go but fmd his game has been stagnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.