Rd 17 Dogs Team - Roberts bench, Halatau @ hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Halatau in For Ennis in Team to Face Panthers

Dene Halatau starts at hooker with Ben Roberts to come onto the interchange bench when the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs take on the Penrith Panthers at Centrebet Stadium on Saturday night.

Halatau fills the gap left by Michael Ennis, who was once again named in the NSW State of Origin side for the third game of the 2011 season on Sunday.

Roberts, who last featured in the NRL side in its round 15 loss to Cronulla, takes up the utility’s role on the interchange bench.

It’s the only change to the Bulldogs side that moved back into the top eight on the back of a 16-6 defeat of the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Friday night.

The Bulldogs Toyota Cup side will be without Tim Lafai in its clash with the Panthers after the centre suffered a shoulder injury in the under 20’s loss to the Tigers.

Sam Ahofono shifts back to the centres as a result, with Sean Deaves returning to the wing.

In other Toyota Cup team news, Paul Carter will make his return from the interchange bench.

The Bulldogs NSW Cup side will not be in action this weekend, while the Bankstown Sports Bundaberg Red Cup side is away to St Johns Eagles.

Teams are as follows:

NRL:
1. BEN BARBA
2. STEVE TURNER
3. JOSH MORRIS
4. JAMAL IDRIS
5. JONATHAN WRIGHT
6. KRIS KEATING
7. TRENT HODKINSON
8. AIDEN TOLMAN
9. DENE HALATAU
10. MICHAEL HODGSON
11. FRANK PRITCHARD
12. ANDREW RYAN [C]
13. DAVID STAGG

INTERCHANGE:
14. SAM KASIANO
15. GREG EASTWOOD
16. COREY PAYNE
17. BEN ROBERTS

C

chipandchase

expected line up, thats what i stated yesterday with Halatua starting and Roberts on the bench, so no surprises there.

G

Gladiator.

Decent, but why wouldn't he move KK to #9? I mean, he is a hooker?

But lets put a utility at #9 with a five-eighth on the bench

BLEEDING BLUE

Waterboy
Reaction score
I cant believe Hodgson is in the side, he should be dropped off at the nearest retirement village

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score

I suspect things may move around during the game like they did last time Ennis was out. Which confused me but I don't care because at least Roberts is in the mix.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

Id think we would see that when Halatau is off, keating would go to dummy half and roberts to go to the halves.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
I suspect things may move around during the game like they did last time Ennis was out. Which confused me but I don't care because at least Roberts is in the mix.
Correct. I thought this too when I saw the lineup

Plus we all know how much Moore loves a last minute shuffle to the line up

C

chipandchase

Moore is set in his way of playing Keating/Hodkison in the halves and i cant see that changing on the weekend unless we are getting belted

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see Frankie named.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think Halatau should be at lock, he was awsome last week and as kroniic said Put roberts at 5/8 and Keating at Dummy Half and then bring another utility on the bench

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Playing a hooker at five eighth, utility at hooker, five eigth on bench. Lol

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
before the season started Moore said keating was there as a utility and to provide competition for halves spots - I don't think he can tie up the middle too much of a liability in defence for hooker. I'd like to see Roberts at hooker

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KK has been a 5/8 all his life. The Eels played him at hooker at times but that isn't his position.

kleb

ya ayrr
Reaction score
Amen to that but i think Paea is still injured, how Hodgson is starting is a complete joke.
i think paea has been named is the NSW cup for the past few weeks, not to sure if he has been pulled out though

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly - totally agree
I personally think Halatau should be at lock, he was awsome last week and as kroniic said Put roberts at 5/8 and Keating at Dummy Half and then bring another utility on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.