Search results

1. The Innovator

IS THE PLAYER MATT BURTON ?

This appeared in yesterday’s telegraph and word on the street is that its Matt Burton. I wonder how this will play out ?
  2. The Innovator

News CANTERBURY’S GREATEST SINCE 1970

Hi today’s Telegraph THE BIG O named his best bulldogs players since 1970. the top was was 5-STEVE PRICE. 4-HAZEM EL MASRI. 3-STEVE FOLKES 2-TERRY LAMB 1-STEVE MORTIMER. Whilst I don’t disagree with that top 5, the 15 to 6 is way off the mark. Where is Les Johns ? SBW ? Mason who won a...
  3. The Innovator

News CLEARY GETS TO KEEP ALL HIS DALLY M POINTS.

What a farce of an award. The NRL have lost all credibility but reneging on their original decision to deduct Nathan Cleary the 6 points he was supposed to lose after breaking Covid rules and lying about it. It’s obvious that the NRL were made aware that Cleary was around 3 to 4 points ahead but...
  4. The Innovator

DARE TO DREAM ?

After round 15 the Bulldogs were locked in a battle for wooden spoon favouritism. They had won 3 matches and just to avoid last place was the goal. Making the 8 was a dream. Zero chance , but now do you dare to dream ? It seems that every result is going the Dogs way, including both results...
  5. The Innovator

WAYNE BENNETT TO COACH BRISBANE IN 2019

its all over the press. Wayne Bennett will be staying at Brisbane next year Anthony Seibold will be staying at Souths next year. What a load of rubbish. There is no way the swap won’t happen.
  6. The Innovator

SUTTON & KLEIN ARE GRAND FINAL REFS

He stuffed up by not sin binning Billy Slater, he’s made mistakes all year, but he’s the brother of the Referees boss. How does Sutton get the grand final ? Melbourne are doing cartwheels. He loves them. The NRL are a joke AGAIN
  7. The Innovator

Most open premiership I can remember !

Eight weeks ago the Dragons were the premiership favourites. Then it was Souths turn, then it was the Storm & now despite 2 consecutive losses the Roosters are the $3.50 favourites. IMO there are only 2 teams that realistically can’t win the comp....Penrith & Saints. The two smokies are Brisbane...
  8. The Innovator

THE BIGGEST DUD BUY IN NRL HISTORY IS .......

When it comes to the biggest big name “Dud” buys we’ve ever seen a few recent ones spring to mind. Kieren Foran must be in the mix. Another one is definitely Anthony Watmough for the Eels. Jarryd Hayne at the Titans. There have been so many players come to a club with high expectations and...
  9. The Innovator

Spoonwatch - Consolidated Wooden Spoon Discussion Thread

The race for the wooden spoon just got interesting. The two sides that were most favourite to win it both recorded victories..... Titans & Manly. The other two contenders are Parramatta & the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. At this stage I still reckon that The Titans have the weakest roster...
  10. The Innovator

Cameron Smith gets away with murder.....again

Is there a grubbier player in the NRL than Australian captain Cameron Smith ? His dog act on Kevin Proctor was a disgrace. They refer it as a chicken wing or some other bullshit terminology. If that were anybody else it would have been referred straight to the judiciary. Great player but a grub.
  11. The Innovator

You’ll have both Klemmer & Woods during Origin.

Been told by a very reliable source that barring injuries in the front row, Fittler won’t be picking either Woods or Klemmer for Origin. He wants to go in a completely new direction which conflicts greatly with Mal Meninga. Is this a good thing for your team ? Surely !
  12. The Innovator

Who are the benchmark ?

Before the season kicked off the 3 teams that most people thought would battle it out for the premiership were the Storm, Cowboys & Roosters. After a month of footy, all 3 are struggling. Melbourne look disjointed The Cowboys look disinterested The Roosters just don’t have the forwards or the...
  13. The Innovator

ROUND 1 TIPS

Tipping comps are always a nightmare in the early rounds. I do believe that there are a couple of standouts. I think the Dragons, Knights, Cowboys & Roosters are good things. I expect Souths & Parramatta to open with victories. The remainding 2 matches are difficult. I’m leaning towards the...
  14. The Innovator

WHO WILL BE WOODEN SPOONERS IN 2018 ?

There are several contenders this year. IMO the teams that are a realistic chance of getting the spoon are......TIGERS, WARRIORS, TITANS, SOUTHS, NEWCASTLE & CANBERRA. I reckon it will come down to the Tigers & Warriors. What does everyone else think ?
  15. The Innovator

TOP 8 PREDICTIONS ANYONE ?

This is how I expect the ladder to look like after round 26. I’m going off 2 months early : ROOSTERS COWBOYS STORM EELS SHARKS PENRITH BRISBANE MANLY DRAGONS BULLDOGS SOUTHS NEWCASTLE TIGERS CANBERRA TITANS WARRIORS I’m tipping that 16 to 18 points will be the wooden spoon tally. Anyone...
  16. The Innovator

KLEMMER MUST PLAY FRONT ROW !

I couldn’t help but notice in today’s telegraph a possible Bulldogs side for round one. It had listed David Klemmer as no 13. For Canterbury’s sake I hope Dean Pay realises he has the origin & test frontrower in his team. I don’t know of many clubs sides that have had the luxury of having the...
  17. The Innovator

Mitchell Pearce spits the dummy

i find it incongruous that Mitchell Pearce has indicated that he wants a release from the Roosters. He derailed the entire 2016 with his abhorrent behaviour on Australia Day, and should be eternally grateful the club stood by him. Ok , so Cooper Cronk is coming to the club. At no stage did the...
  18. The Innovator

If Pearce were available, would you want him at the Dogs ?

if by chance Cronk does end up at the Roosters which I still doubt will happen, how many of you Bulldog fans would like Mitchell Pearce wearing the number 7 at Canterbury? A Foran/Pearce halves combination would be outstanding in my opinion. I reckon the responses will be 50/50
  19. The Innovator

CRONK IS $1.01 TO RETIRE.

Seriously all this talk about Cooper Cronk joining the Roosters is absolute rubbish. I just wish he'd come out and tell the world he's going to retire after the World Cup. The Roosters haven't even spoken to Cronk. Pearce & Keary will be the halves for at least the next 2 seasons.
  20. The Innovator

Trent Robinson's most overrated coach !

I've never been a fan of Trent Robinson as a coach. Let's face it, he's had the luxury of star studded rosters his entire NRL coaching career, and has only got one title to show for it. His Roosters sides have been choc full of internationals. On the weekend he produced the greatest STUFF UP IN...
  21. The Innovator

GIVE THE STORM THE TROPHY NOW !

I've never seen a more one sided Premiership in all my time. The Storm are so far in front of everyone else it's scary. Let's take a look at the other contenders. BRISBANE : Yeah they are hitting form at the right time, but they have been the Storms bitches for a while & that won't change...
  22. The Innovator

RAY HADLEY SLAMS VOSS & HUGHES

What is it with Ray Hadley ? He must be the most despised media personality in New South Wales. Yesterday he's come out and absolutely hammered Andrew Voss & Graeme Hughes. Why ? Because he feels threatened by both of them. He hates the fact that Hughes has made a successful return to...
  23. The Innovator

Where have the good journalists all gone ?

Is there anything more annoying than a journalist with an agenda ?? Back in the day we had decent men like Ray Chesterton, Peter Frillingos, Alan Clarkson etc Now we have a bunch of agenda driven journalists. The following give the art of writing a bad name : PHIL ROTHFIELD- he's a disgrace...
  24. The Innovator

Storm players delusional

Did Ben Johnson win the gold medal in Seoul despite crossing the finishing line first ? NO Is Lance Armstrong recognised as a multiple winner of the Tour de France ? NO I wish Storm players would realise that they did not win premierships in 2007 and 2009. They cheated the system with an illegal...
  25. The Innovator

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER CRONULLA V MELBOURNE DECIDER

Im calling it early ! Melbourne will play the Sharks in the grand final with this time a different result. Both these teams are head and shoulders above the next best. I have the Roosters, Dragons, & Cowboys next in line with Canberra & Manly the only other rough hope. Are we in agreeance ?
  26. The Innovator

WHERE HAVE THE CROWDS GONE ?

When a stunning Sunday afternoon in Sydney can only attract a crowd of 15,000 at ANZ between the Bulldogs & Roosters, the NRL should take notice. But alas Greenberg & his muppets won't. The crowd numbers in 2017 have been a disaster. Attendances on a Thursday night have been horrendous. In...
  27. The Innovator

Time to target L.Mitchell & C.Watson

As we all know a contract in Rugby League isn't worth the paper its written on. Latrell Mitchell was the golden boy after the first month of the premiership but now is on the outer and again will be left out of the Roosters side on Anzac Day. Apparently he's on the nose. As for Connor Watson, he...
  28. The Innovator

MELBOURNE FIRST THEN DAYLIGHT.

Barring injury, the Melbourne Storm are going to romp in as the premiers for 2017. Seriously the gap between them and the next batch is widening each week. I've got them way out in front of : COWBOYS & CRONULLA. Next in line are CANBERRA, ROOSTERS & PENRITH. Then we have BRISBANE, MANLY, &...
  29. The Innovator

What's happened to James Graham?

IMO James Graham was the world's best forward in 2014. Three years later, he's not in my top 25 ! Talk about a massive fall from grace. He has very little impact & has zero ball skills. I don't think Graham would get a mention on opponents tip sheet. James Graham is still busting his arse but is...
  30. The Innovator

DALLY M FARCICAL POINTS AWARDED

What a joke the Dally M awards have become. Last week Cody Walker carved up Manly, yet didn't receive a point. Somehow Robbie Farah got 3. The doozy of them all occurred in the Roosters v Penrith match. The judge was former Penrith player Joe Galovao, who was sacked by the club. In a close...
  31. The Innovator

CONFIDENT BULLDOGS WILL BEAT THE STORM

Can't believe all the hype re Melbourne. I'm extremely confident, in fact the Bulldogs are my absolute special of the round. Guys, get on the Dogs. They'll be winning on Friday night.
  32. The Innovator

BULLDOGS WILL MISS THE 8 in 2017

Last month I thought the Bulldogs would again sneak into the bottom part of the 8. On closer inspection I got my numbers wrong. The Dogs will contend but won't figure the finals of 2017 My final 8 is COWBOYS PENRITH BRISBANE CRONULLA MELBOURNE ROOSTERS WARRIORS PARRAMATTA This will be Haslers...
  33. The Innovator

TRENT ROBINSON UNDER PRESSURE.

IMO Trent Robinson is a coach under pressure after last years disastrous season. I've heard all the excuses.....Pearce was missing, Cordner and JWH started the year late, blah blah blah. The Roosters still had a very solid lineup choc full of internationals, yet ran a miserable second last. No...
  34. The Innovator

WOULD YOU PREFER TRENT ROBINSON ?

Hello everyone. I'm a league nut who has a soft spot for the Roosters (don't hold that against me) . Unfortunately the Roosters forum, the Chook Pen is as boring as bat shit ! I find myself constantly reading the Kennel because Bulldogs fans are so friggin passionate. The language can be a bit...