KLEMMER MUST PLAY FRONT ROW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn’t help but notice in today’s telegraph a possible Bulldogs side for round one. It had listed David Klemmer as no
13. For Canterbury’s sake I hope Dean Pay realises he has the origin & test frontrower in his team.
I don’t know of many clubs sides that have had the luxury of having the current Australian front rowers in their team & if so I guarantee you they’ve never missed the finals.
Klemmer is not a lock. He’s not mobile enough.
What to do with Aiden Tolman ?
Put him on the bench .

A

Alexander the Great

Lock him in with Woods as the front rowers. Its a no brainer......

Aiden Tolman would be a perfect match at Parramatta to be honest.
Junk

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned about who the know-nothings at the Daily Telegraph might guess will be in our lineup this far out from season start.
A starting front row of Woods and Klemmer is a must considering they are the current Australian front row and a great pairing.
Surely Pay is smart enough to know Tolman has to be either be played from the bench or maybe at lock.
If I am proved wrong and Tolman starts in front row and Klemmer at lock, then I would happily call that a dreadful decision by Pay.

Last edited:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last club side that had the Australian 8 and 10 in their starting side was Brisbane about 10 years ago. By having Tolman there makes zero sense. I thought Woods & Klemmer were impressive during the World Cup.
It’s a no brainer. I’m certain Pay won’t stuff up.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“But Tolman doesn’t provide impact from the bench and he has to be in the starting side”

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just makes you realise how stubborn and dumb Hasler was, can we all agree we had no faith in the team and when he re signed I felt like a piece of bread tossed in the ocean being eaten by fish and birds

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Firstly, Dean Pay is not stupid. He will start Woods and Klemmer as props. But there is still a place for Tolman and that is in the 13.
He is the type of defensive player thats needed for the first 20 odd minutes. After that, bring on Fualolo and RFM. Really is a no brainer.

N

Natboy

Firstly, Dean Pay is not stupid. He will start Woods and Klemmer as props. But there is still a place for Tolman and that is in the 13.
He is the type of defensive player thats needed for the first 20 odd minutes. After that, bring on Fualolo and RFM. Really is a no brainer.
That’s right. I wish he wasn’t so slow & useless in attack though

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned about who the know-nothings at the Daily Telegraph might guess will be in our lineup this far out from season start.
A starting front row of Woods and Klemmer is a must considering they are the current Australian front row and a great pairing.
Surely Pay is smart enough to know Tolman has to be either be played from the bench or maybe at lock.
If I am proved wrong and Tolman starts in front row and Klemmer at lock, then I would happily call that a dreadful decision by Pay.
Exactly, who was the brainiac who wrote it Rothfield and who cares what he says.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most clubs are playing their repsective locks as almost a third prop these days anyway.

Think of the following... Taupau, LoLo, Gallen just to name a few.

I dont see a big difference in where Klemmer plays, because how he plays should not change. As long as Des ball is well and truly gone, IDGAF what number he plays with

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Most clubs are playing their repsective locks as almost a third prop these days anyway.

Think of the following... Taupau, LoLo, Gallen just to name a few.

I dont see a big difference in where Klemmer plays, because how he plays should not change. As long as Des ball is well and truly gone, IDGAF what number he plays with

Tolman and those players dont fit into the same sentence lol

Taupau Lolo Gallen can break tackles, score tries, wreak havoc, offload, and thats what a 13 should be able to do. only in HAslers playbook would the 13 play like a full on prop. In Pays playbook our 13 wont be a prop thats 100% for sure, so Tolman Klemmer or Woods will not play there. It will be Eastwood or RFM

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Taupau Lolo Gallen can break tackles, score tries, wreak havoc, offload, and thats what a 13 should be able to do. only in HAslers playbook would the 13 play like a full on prop. In Pays playbook our 13 wont be a prop thats 100% for sure, so Tolman Klemmer or Woods will not play there. It will be Eastwood or RFM
You may be right - and obviously, I agree with the Tolman comment. Or should I say... the best prop in the world :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Exactly, the better locks in the game are versatile and have ability with the ball in hand. Just because they can play prop, doesn't mean that any prop should play lock.

I still think Jackson should play lock, he can play a simialr role as Jake Turbo at Manly and his overall game would compliment Woods and Klemmer extremely well.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Pay has something above the shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.