THE BIGGEST DUD BUY IN NRL HISTORY IS .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to the biggest big name “Dud” buys we’ve ever seen a few recent ones spring to mind.
Kieren Foran must be in the mix. Another one is definitely Anthony Watmough for the Eels.
Jarryd Hayne at the Titans.
There have been so many
players come to a club with high expectations and simply fail.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Foran is so bad, I wouldn't even wish him on you guys....lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
haha troll.....I'm going to change your rating to funny :P
I don't think i'm that far off. Until SoO, Easts fans must have been scratching their heads wondering what the hype was all about.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't think i'm that far off. Until SoO, Easts fans must have been scratching their heads wondering what the hype was all about.
Teddy is a young player....he didn't set the world on fire, but has time.....Foran is a complete lemon and has NO upside or redeeming quality at this point, I don't think. Watmough is another good candidate, I guess. Did he even play for Parra? As much as I think he's a cocky prick, Tedesco will offer value going forward.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been duds all around like Adam Blair at the Tigers, George Rose at the Storm but when it comes to the big money duds than;

Foran at the Eels (1.2m)
Hopoate at Eels (800k)
Foran at the Dogs (1m)
Hayne at the Titans (1.2m)

Are hard to beat...

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been duds all around like Adam Blair at the Tigers, George Rose at the Storm but when it comes to the big money duds than;

Foran at the Eels (1.2m)
Hopoate at Eels (800k)
Foran at the Dogs (1m)
Hayne at the Titans (1.2m)

Are hard to beat...
Shit yeah, I forgot about Blair. How bad was he at the Tigers considering he’s played well at the other clubs he’s been at.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
trex was not all time bad
T Rex put in a few decent performances and even won us a game playing halfback. He was a bad signing, but Foran makes the decision to buy T Rex look shrewd IMO.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
She-rex by a country mile. Atleast Foran is prepared to break himself "trying" to do his job and gives it a crack, she-rex never got our of reverse. Unfortunately Foran's body can't achieve what his mind wants it to anymore. Not even close competition.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the biggest in history but the Sharks forked out massive coin for Vagana back in the day and it didn't work out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SBW Roosters "Come Back"
Karl Filiga
George Rose and Sam Kasian at Storm
Sam Tomkins at Warriors definitely up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.