Trent Robinson's most overrated coach !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Trent Robinson as a coach. Let's face it, he's had the luxury of star studded rosters his entire NRL coaching career, and has only got one title to show for it. His Roosters sides have been choc full of internationals.
On the weekend he produced the greatest STUFF UP IN COACHING HISTORY. Why would you pick 2 backrowers in the centres, move your most potent back out to the wing & compound it by picking a f@cking winger on the bench who played 11 minutes!! I'm sorry but Robbo is no super coach.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say he is good. He has been blessed with great sqaud, but you still have to get them to gel and he has done that.

The winger on the bench in the semi was mind boggling though. That was a terrible move.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I read in the paper today that Jake friend ran for zero metres! Why would he do that and why would the coach let him? On coaches , I've long thought they get too much attention because I just don't see that they make as much difference as they're meant to.

If Sonny Boy Williams came back to the Dogs instead of the Roosters they probably win a title with super coach Hasler and Des confirms his place in history. If SBW plays for the Eagles in 2013 instead of the Roosters then Toovey becomes a super coach. If Bennett didn't coach the Broncos in the 90's but say Norths or Saints would he still be a super coach? I doubt it.

Anyone who has coached the Storms big three at any level have looked pretty clever but how do they go when they coach against them? Not so good.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit of a turn around from recent years, not a total halfwit, that game was just disbelief.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No star studded roster no party.

They only won in 2013 due to a sombrero cap. Money Bill Williams return and MALONEY FFS. How they were able to sign Money Bill only Politis knows but they were 110% over the cap.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Trent Robinson as a coach. Let's face it, he's had the luxury of star studded rosters his entire NRL coaching career, and has only got one title to show for it. His Roosters sides have been choc full of internationals.
On the weekend he produced the greatest STUFF UP IN COACHING HISTORY. Why would you pick 2 backrowers in the centres, move your most potent back out to the wing & compound it by picking a f@cking winger on the bench who played 11 minutes!! I'm sorry but Robbo is no super coach.
If you're talking star studded squad with only ONE title to show for it... it's (at this stage) Bellamy.

2007 and 2009 titles stripped for cheating, beat us in 2012, choked against the Sharks in 2016.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I read in the paper today that Jake friend ran for zero metres! Why would he do that and why would the coach let him? On coaches , I've long thought they get too much attention because I just don't see that they make as much difference as they're meant to.

If Sonny Boy Williams came back to the Dogs instead of the Roosters they probably win a title with super coach Hasler and Des confirms his place in history. If SBW plays for the Eagles in 2013 instead of the Roosters then Toovey becomes a super coach. If Bennett didn't coach the Broncos in the 90's but say Norths or Saints would he still be a super coach? I doubt it.

Anyone who has coached the Storms big three at any level have looked pretty clever but how do they go when they coach against them? Not so good.
very well said mate... spot on...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's up there with Super Coach Hasler because Hasler picked Montoya on the bench.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Maybe Des advised Robinson on how a hooker should play.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They only won in 2013 due to a sombrero cap. Money Bill Williams return and MALONEY FFS. How they were able to sign Money Bill only Politis knows but they were 110% over the cap.
I would say 200% over LOL

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

They also won the GF with a couple of forward passes which resulted in tries.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're talking star studded squad with only ONE title to show for it... it's (at this stage) Bellamy.

2007 and 2009 titles stripped for cheating, beat us in 2012, choked against the Sharks in 2016.
I still consider the storm having won those titles in 07 and 09. Am sure other teams were doing rorts then. Who knows what Parra were doing then as well. Add to that the year they didn't play for points most of the season. They alao could have won it last year in virtually the final play.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen a bigger coaching f@ck up in history! Yeah, let's pick 2 backrowers in the centre. Let's pick our most lethal player on the wing and to top it off, let's pick a fucking winger on the bench and play him for 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.