Spoonwatch - Consolidated Wooden Spoon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The race for the wooden spoon just got interesting.
The two sides that were most favourite to win it both recorded victories..... Titans & Manly.
The other two contenders are Parramatta & the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
At this stage I still reckon that The Titans have the weakest roster, but they have 4 wins now, 2 more than Canterbury.
I have a feeling it will go down to the wire.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The titans have 1 win more than the dogs not 2, obviously the dogs are yet to play this weekend.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The race for the wooden spoon just got interesting.
The two sides that were most favourite to win it both recorded victories..... Titans & Manly.
The other two contenders are Parramatta & the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
At this stage I still reckon that The Titans have the weakest roster, but they have 4 wins now, 2 more than Canterbury.
I have a feeling it will go down to the wire.
Chooks will get it..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The way my team is going, I think the Cowboys will get it :(
I don't think you guys will get the spoon but you are kinda going through the same thing we did after 2014. We strung a few really good games together in the 2014 final series and somehow made the GF and that really glossed over quite a few underlying problems the squad had.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this post was put up Canterbury haven’t won a match and lost Woods, Mbye & RFM
They are now looming large as spoon favourites.
Parramatta’s loss last night will help. The Dogs need to beat Newcastle. Not sure where their points will come from.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Putting money on the dogs to get it. Cannot see it happen any other way.

All other teams in contention are actually GOOD squads.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we may actually be a bit more adventurous with the ball with the changes in the spine. I can't imagine Lewis dying wondering, Hoppa knows how to play FB and maybe Lichaa will have a bit more confidence. We lose a little in attack with RFM out but his D isn't brilliant so maybe that will be a plus as well. If ogden can give us 20 good mins we will give the Knights a shake.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Since this post was put up Canterbury haven’t won a match and lost Woods, Mbye & RFM
They are now looming large as spoon favourites.
Parramatta’s loss last night will help. The Dogs need to beat Newcastle. Not sure where their points will come from.
We'll just do what the Socceroos do and rely on penalties. We are gonna Jedinak the hell out of this game :P

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all will be forgiven if we play good in the last 3 games like what happened last year, we then have to wait 5 months to be slow and boring again

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We got a lock on the spoon. No way we are winning another game this season.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we may actually be a bit more adventurous with the ball with the changes in the spine. I can't imagine Lewis dying wondering, Hoppa knows how to play FB and maybe Lichaa will have a bit more confidence. We lose a little in attack with RFM out but his D isn't brilliant so maybe that will be a plus as well. If ogden can give us 20 good mins we will give the Knights a shake.
Hoppa is all round better fullback than Mbye

His last 4 games in 2017 at FB not to mention for Tonga last weekend were superb

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting money on the dogs to get it. Cannot see it happen any other way.

All other teams in contention are actually GOOD squads.
Best odds you can get is $2.50. That’s a bit short. Eels at $2.25 are still the favs

Status
Not open for further replies.