IS THE PLAYER MATT BURTON ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well how is the club meant to up his deal if the rest of the cap is filled if it is him he signed the deal when he signed it gus has already said he’ll be looked after and he’s still yet to prove anything in the halves

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This appeared in yesterday’s telegraph and word on the street is that its Matt Burton. I wonder how this will play out ?
doubt it... Burton seems to have a good head on his shoulders and simply will recognise that come November 2022 he can negotiate with other clubs for 2024 onwards

Burton is also a somewhat unknown quantity as a FG five-eighth despite the year he has had this year

I think Burton will back himself next year and then hold that over us to upgrade him in 2023 and extend beyond that

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus already said no players will be underpaid - im sure he was referring to Burton who we got for cheap. noty Burton - sounds like a few Storms guys who are looking at moving to the new team and after a payday

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
doubt it... Burton seems to have a good head on his shoulders and simply will recognise that come November 2022 he can negotiate with other clubs for 2024 onwards

Burton is also a somewhat unknown quantity as a FG five-eighth despite the year he has had this year

I think Burton will back himself next year and then hold that over us to upgrade him in 2023 and extend beyond that
Yeh id like to see him in the halves more before giving him more money. His form this year was primarily at centre.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh id like to see him in the halves more before giving him more money. His form this year was primarily at centre.
and honestly, Burton had every reason to threaten to walk this year playing reserve grade on minimum wage whereas he would have earned 3 times as much with us and had signed with us for 2022 and 2023... but didn't

everyone said that he had a great attitude, played where asked, was quiet with the only talk about an early release coming from us or Penrith or Laundy

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s factual, but if I’m Burton and I’ve signed for 450K id be a little annoyed.
On the open market, he’s worth 700K easy.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he is the success we all hope he will be in 2022 he will be offered a pay rise plus extension from 2023 onwards.

My fear is that he gets targeted at 6 this year and doesn’t get the freedom to do his thing. Without us having a genuine first grade level 7. Opposition teams will know where the ball is going and potentially nullify Burton’s impact.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s factual, but if I’m Burton and I’ve signed for 450K id be a little annoyed.
On the open market, he’s worth 700K easy.
Or 150k plus brown paper bags, cash wrapped up in a shit load of dirty towels, envelopes full of cash hidden in glove compartments at the Roosters.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could be api koroisau on cheap money at panthers played origin this year and won the comp ?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very much doubt it's Burton... it says they are selling an upgrade from their existing club because they are being underpaid at $450k. Burton hasn't commenced with us yet so a) we are not his existing club and b) he's not yet on $450k.

In general, it just doesn't sound like Burton, more like someone agitating for a release who's been with their club for a few years and potentially had a good season last year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frothfield loves to create a story to cause issues, unfortunately it's the issue between him and Gus so expect it to keep coming in the future.

If (and I say if) there is any truth to the story and it was Burton and he wants to walk away where does he go, he has a signed contract with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.