Search results

1. Moedogg

Is there a bigger grub than Taane Milne?

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/bSdz09SIcus After last nights tackle on Munster, I'm convinced that this guy goes out to intentionally cause injury to players. There was also that Leniu high shot and many more instances where he goes in with malice.
  2. Moedogg

Is CC building a system that's not reliant on one man?

I just watch the 360 show talking about how Knights are out of the race because their system is centered around one man- Kalyn Ponga, same with the Eels and Mitch Moses. Newcastle Knights of the 2000s had the same issue when Andrew Johns was out. Which got me thinking about our team and realized...
  3. Moedogg

Your full strength team

This is my team when Preston gets back. Patolo is probably gone for the season and I'm not sure whether CC will pick Faamasuli. Ideally I'd like to have Curran at lock with Salmon on the bench. Tracy JAC Xerri Criita Kiraz Burton Hutch King Mahoney Curran Preston Kiks Salmon Hughes Mann...
  4. Moedogg

News Manu confirms move to Japan

Joseph Manu makes official call on NRL future. The Sydney Roosters have confirmed that Joseph Manu will leave the club at the end of the season to pursue a new opportunity in a new code On Tuesday, Manu informed the Roosters that he will make the move to rugby union by signing with the Toyota...
  5. Moedogg

Cameron Ciraldo

This is not a pro CC thread. Just interested to hear your thoughts on our coach. Has he won you over with the system he is trying to build or you still have your doubts about his coaching abilities and team selections?
  6. Moedogg

Rumour Souffs to appoint big Mal as coach

Souths bombshell: Mal Meninga in line to be fast tracked into coaching appointment. The South Sydney Rabbitohs have identified Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga as the top priority candidate to be parachuted into Heffron Park once the club parts ways with current coach Jason Demetriou. In a...
  7. Moedogg

A wins a win

Even though we nearly gave it away, 2 points is 2 points. This team is not used to being in that sort of position so I'm not too upset. Congrats boys. Dogs on the up.
  8. Moedogg

Your early Origin teams 2024

Getting this done before Freak beats me to it. NSW Team Drinkwater JAC Critta Turbo TOO Luai Cleary Haas Korisau RCG Martin Olakau'atu Yeo Robson Cam Murray J Turbo Leniu QLD Team Ponga Coates Holmes Gagai Tulangi Munster DCE Collins Grant Fleggler Nanai Fifita Cariggan Hunt Cotter Luki...
  9. Moedogg

Let's talk about our defense.

So seems to me that we handled the Titans attack pretty comfortably. We held out Parra and the Sharks for quite a long time despite the bad calls and the lop sided possession . I know it's early days but which teams or style of play do you think will trouble our defense?
  10. Moedogg

Ladder

Nice to see us above the Broncos and Souths. We win next week and we're in the 8.
  11. Moedogg

Critta to FB

Much safer option and will get our sets off to a good start with his kick returns. He's a smart player and we need him to get his hands onto the ball more often. Taffe is shaky at Fullback, I see no plus in having him play fb, he doesn't offer support play, he gets driven back on returns and...
  12. Moedogg

Scott Vs Leilua - Boxing

What a terrible match between these two. Despite acting like the tough guy throughout his career, BJ can't fight for shit, judging from the way he was swinging, he'd probably get fucked up on the streets by some smaller dude who can fight. Makes you appreciate how good Paul Gallen was.
  13. Moedogg

Who will win the premiership?

I reckon Panthers will be four but let's be honest, they're not the same Panthers team of the last couple of seasons, they've lost too many good players. Storm are just making up the numbers. I think it's between the Roosters and Broncos.
  14. Moedogg

News How Hopoates are inspiring wave of new talent in Utah

Canberra Raiders star Albert Hopoate is humbled that a competition in Utah named after his family is fast becoming a breeding ground for rugby league talent in North America. The Hopoate Cup has been introduced by the Utah Rugby League Association as demand for the game grows from a series of...
  15. Moedogg

Our Future looks good.

Papalii, Hayward, O'Neil, etc I don't want to get too excited but the future is looking very good. Once these players mature, our club will be in a very good position to challenge for the premiership.
  16. Moedogg

Do you expect much improvement in our defense?

We pretty much leaked the most points last year, how do you think we will go this year? Do you think the players we recruited will help fix our D? I know Kurt Mann and Critta are good defenders, haven't really paid attention to Curran's defensive game, though I've heard he's been killing it at...
  17. Moedogg

Connor Tracy

Has anyone seen him play in the halves? Just wondering how he'd go if Sexton or Hutch don't work out. Seems like he's too skillful to be a winger. See some similarities with him and shifty who also spent time on the wing and FB.
  18. Moedogg

Adam Reynolds injured at training

Brisbane skipper Adam Reynolds has been injured at training and appeared in serious discomfort as he limped off the field in Brisbane on Monday. Reynolds is reportedly on the cusp of signing a one-year extension until the end of 2025, but there have been questions around the veteran’s long-term...
  19. Moedogg

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

Who in our squad do you think will have a positive impact on our season? Averillo was probably our best last year and pretty much won us the game with some brilliant individual performances. I reckon Critta, regardless of where he plays will be our MVP. Burton, I'm not sold on him as a leader...
  20. Moedogg

NRL Vegas promo

Will it be a flop? Can't believe Sharon is out there marketing the game. Should've picked some real athletic looking players to go over and not some guy who looks like a Vegas tourist.
  21. Moedogg

Squid Game season 2

Watching the first few minutes and already falling asleep. Why did they have to Americanize and ruin it? It was better in Korean and with Korean actors. Now it's seems like watching a stupid reality tv show.
  22. Moedogg

Why can't officiating in the regular season be like the GF?

Adam Gee was great last night. He should be the premier ref going forward. No bullshit penalties, he just let the game flow. I was actually sitting back, anticipating the Ref to blow his whistle to piggy back one of the teams when they were struggling for metres like we're so used to seeing but...
  23. Moedogg

Stephen Crichton

What a player!! We made a great signing, guy is pure class and a big game player. He played a big part in that Panthers come back through some of those clutch plays like the kicks to get repeat sets.
  24. Moedogg

Something to smile about

Posted on NRL twitter. We sit 5th of all time premierships. Look at the Sharks at the bottom and Warriors aren't even there. We'll always be a great club, we're just going through a rough patch. Warriors fans were giving us shit and gloating about what a great season they had. You can...
  25. Moedogg

Billy Slater extends contract as QLD coach

QLD will probably win again next year with Fittler soon to be announced.
  26. Moedogg

Dally M awards

Not even Preston got a mention in the Rookie of year category and it's shows how bad we fell away after those couple of early wins when Kiraz went from leading the Dally M at one stage to not even making the final cut for winger of the year category.
  27. Moedogg

Corey Wadell

Anyone know if he's being re-signed? Definitely been one of our better performers in a shit year. I'd honestly have him than Kurt Mann..
  28. Moedogg

Dally M prediction

Who gets it? I reckon it will be Walsh.
  29. Moedogg

News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

EXCLUSIVE: Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton By Emily Patterson 3 days ago FShareTTweetBEmail Legendary fullback Billy Slater has urged the Bulldogs to reconsider switching star centre Stephen Crichton to fullback when he joins the club this off-season...
  30. Moedogg

News Dylan Edwards and Robbo back Ciraldo

It's supposed to be hard’: Cameron Ciraldo receives support from Panthers star who says the coach made him the player he is today Cameron Ciraldo has been criticised for his coaching style, but the Bulldogs mentor has received staunch support from a Panthers star Panthers fullback Dylan...
  31. Moedogg

Who wins the premiership?

With the injury to Luai, I reckon the premiership race is wide open. I believe people underestimate Luai's value to the Panthers team, he may not be ust another cog in the wheel, I doubt Cogger will able to replicate what Luai does in terms of ad-lib and energy. I reckon the top 5 are capable...
  32. Moedogg

Has anyone on here experienced the club go through a similar period like this?

What was it like and how did we get out of that period? I've been a dogs fan since the early 90s and can comfortably say that is the worst period I've lived through as a fan of the club. Up untill 2017, we didn't go more than 2 years without making the finals. Now it's going 7 years and could...
  33. Moedogg

Tell me why next year won't be the same?

Honest question. Will the team just train harder in the off-season and things will click into gear? Critchton is coming but how does he make a difference? I honestly can't see why this team won't be bottom 9 again next year unless some drastic changes are made between now and march next year.
  34. Moedogg

Is Burton immune from being dropped?

The guy can play well below standard each week but isn't held to account. Meanwhile everyone else gets dropped. I even saw great players like Shifty get sent to reserve grade by Folkes. If Burton was playing for a team like Melbourne, Bellamy would've already sent him to reserve grade and...
  35. Moedogg

Paps is back

Good to see this guy back on the paddock. He looked good with his touches and didn't seem like his injury had restricted him in any way. Probably the only player who can stop Panthers from going 3 peat.
  36. Moedogg

What a terrible season

We wait the whole off-season to see our new recruits in action and then. * Thomo gets injured one week before season kick off. * TPJ still injured * We play round 1 under sweltering conditions. * Kikau gets a HIA at training then does his pec * JAC, Averillo, Kiraz and Max King get...
  37. Moedogg

It's a culture problem': Bulldogs breakdown - Where are they going wrong? | NRL 360 | Fox League

Interesting discussion about our defensive issues. As usual, the drunk takes a shot at Gus about our development system but Brent Read corrects him and makes him look stupid. Anasta seems like he's genuinely concerned about the club as an ex player.
  38. Moedogg

Burton is not worth big dollars

The guy has zero vision, has no creativity to fool defenses and a mediocre kicking game. All he does is bomb and grubber. Has not put one player through a hole this year. Didn't step up at all today. I'm not convinced he's our long term 5/8th solution.
  39. Moedogg

Shame on this team!

Zero excuses to get that sort of scoreline from a fellow bottom of the ladder team. Never been so embarrassed to be a dog's supporter. Worst thing is they gave up, which is a cardinal sin.
  40. Moedogg

Has Ciraldo done anything to improve the team?

Sometimes with new coaches, the team might not be winning but at least you will see some improvements like defense, etc. They're telling us to trust the process but I really can't see any positives in CCs coaching. A good coach would be able to rally his players and get them playing for each...
  41. Moedogg

News It gets worse for NSW lol! Brian Smith could team up with Fittler as coaching director

Embattled Blues coach Brad Fittler may keep his job yet, with New South Wales Rugby League reportedly considering a radical proposal. Fittler is under huge pressure having lost five of his past six games in charge and three of the past four series. The former champion player is staring down...
  42. Moedogg

Fittler, Alexander and John's need to go.

I really think these three need to step away from the NSW origin team and bring in new people. They are as much to blame for the shocking results as Fittler. They were totally out coached by Slater, Thurston and Smith. I don't know who will replace them but losing by 30 points in an Origin...
  43. Moedogg

Mahoney is no longer an 80min hooker

Guy is a big reason why teams are marching through the middle. Time to implement a 2 hooker system and limit his game time until he gets back to his peak.
  44. Moedogg

Has to be Perhams last game today.

If Kyle can get dropped, why the fuck does this dud keep holding onto his spot? At least Kiraz will get our sets off to a good start and is safe. Perham just puts us under pressure under heaps off pressure with his slow ineffective returns. He can't even beat a defender.
  45. Moedogg

Who do we swap for Hunt?

If the rumors are true and Dragons asked for a player in return, who would you be happy to let go? Flanno Jnr is not an option. Rajab? Bbo? Averillo?
  46. Moedogg

Roosters don't mess around.

They hit a rough patch and they're immediately trying to cull players. Lodge, Brown, Paulo, Sualii even talks Sam Walker could be released. It's crazy how they've quickly identified that Sam Walker is not the future, if it was us we'd probably hang onto him for a couple more years like Mbye...
  47. Moedogg

Ch ch ch chaad

Townsend.... Would you entertain the idea? Just for 18 months?
  48. Moedogg

When is Kikau and Thompson back?

Any news on these two? They won't save our season but would at least like to see how the team goes with these two at the backend of the season. Especially Kiks.
  49. Moedogg

Reality check - We are still far off

We may compete against the lesser teams but we are way behind against the top 4 teams. We were lucky to beat a Munster less Melbourne. So far we've beaten Storm, Cowboys, Tigers, Dragons and Titans. Apart from Storm, none of those teams will make the eight. Expect to get similar scorelines...
  50. Moedogg

News EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle

EXCLUSIVE: Darren Lockyer reveals Ben Hunt mail amid gun playmaker's contract wrestle Darren Lockyer has revealed that his mail is the Bulldogs are pushing hard to lure Ben Hunt — and Wally Lewis says Canterbury and the veteran playmaker would match up well. Lockyer's intel comes amid links...
  51. Moedogg

Official Cleary out for remainder of Origin

I reckon this is good for the Blues. Panthers structure is rather predictable. Nicho Hynes to step up
  52. Moedogg

Kevin Sinfield & Rob Burrow

Two absolute champions. I got a bit emotional watching Kevin pickup his mate and cross the finish line together. God bless them and their families.
  53. Moedogg

Rugby league world cup

France has pulled out due to financial pressure which is a real shame. Should they just scrap the world cup and play a six nations tournament? Saves cash which could be used in other areas to grow the game and you avoid seeing cricket scores. Aus, Eng, Sam Nz, Tonga, Fiji
  54. Moedogg

Our front row is the worst in the comp

You're crazy if you think Thompson returning is going to change anything. He doesn't make meters either. What's depressing is that it's going to be the same next year unless we sign someone. RFM is not worth keeping if he continues to play prop. TPJ is a fraud Max King is the only one...
  55. Moedogg

TPJ 'conman' needs to be released

Guy talked himself up all off season including telling Gus to sack him if he didn't live up to expectations. It's time for him to go. Consistently getting owned by other forwards.
  56. Moedogg

Perham is the new Tolman

Guy touches the ball way too much without being a threat. We get a bit of momentum moving forward and he just kills the play with his ineffective runs.
  57. Moedogg

What do you identify as?

58. Moedogg

Will Burton ever be our Fittler or Lockyer?

These guys didn't need a halfback to shine. They were the chief playmakers in their team and made the rest of the team look good. I've seen enough of Burton to know that he's talented but he's just not a playmaker and doesn't deserve to be our highest paid player. Compare him to other modern...
  59. Moedogg

Holding the fort

Do we have the depth to string a few wins and keep us in the race until we get troops back? Seeing TPJ out there causing havoc together with solid performances from King, Preston and Alamonti I just get the feeling we can put some good performances once we get our full strength team. Even the...
  60. Moedogg

Max King

Absolute Warrior. We lost but this guy played tough and needs to be given credit for his performance. We would probably lose by much more if he wasn't out there.
  61. Moedogg

Time for 5 min sin bins?

It's getting ridiculous how good entertaining contests are ruined and turned into blow outs because the ref decides to send someone to the bin for minor infringements or accidental contact to the head. The Titans were the better team for most of the game and we're still in the contest when the...
  62. Moedogg

Gerrard Sutton.

I've never hated a ref more than this piece of shit. Do we need anymore proof that this guy has an agenda against us?
  63. Moedogg

What happened to accidents ?

That Preston sin bin is the biggest bullshit ruling I've seen in a long time. He was clearly trying to strip the ball and the scumy souths player just happened to get his leg caught up. It's a fucking contact sport and those sort of injury can happen unintentionally. The refs are so happy to...
  64. Moedogg

CC and Okunbor

What has CC done to Okunbor? He looks like a completely different player. I was expecting him to come up with a mistake but he really surprised me with his defense and made metres easy. I heard he's cut out the mistakes in his game in NSW cup as well. If he continues to do well, I don't mind...
  65. Moedogg

News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan Cameron Ciraldo is just four games into his coaching role at the Canterbury Bulldogs but already he needs to axe a key player. Can someone please post the rest of the article...
  66. Moedogg

Game manager

3 out of 4 games the opposition has been allowed to get back into the game because we don't have one. We can't rely on Mahoney who is busy tackling his ass off. Burton clearly isn't one and it's not his role. Flanno is non existent. We have a solid team but we need a HB to take control of the...
  67. Moedogg

Is the competition a lot easier this year?

I know it's only Round 4 but if you look at the previous 2 years, there was absolute daylight between Penrith and the other top 3 teams (Storm, Sharks,Parra) and then you have the rest of the comp making up the numbers. Panthers, Storm, and Parra have been greatly affected by player movement so...
  68. Moedogg

Kiraz for Origin

Surely this guy is in the conversation. He's tough to handle. Work rate is up there, makes metres on kick returns and hit ups, great finisher and is terrific in the air. Would love to see Kiraz and JAC on both wings.
  69. Moedogg

News B Smith: Which club could it be?

Won’t tolerate salary cap cheating’: Warning after Smith’s manager makes stunning allegation Brandon Smith’s manager last week made the stunning allegation that at least one NRL team offered the Roosters star an illegal payment outside the salary cap during negotiations last year. Now ARLC...
  70. Moedogg

Kalyn Ponga head knocks

The guy got concussed again and will miss the next round and possibly more after suffering yet another head knock. 4th concussion in 10 months. Should the Knights just agree to part ways with him? He's their highest paid player but they aren't getting their value for money. There are already...
  71. Moedogg

NRL top try scorers list

With the news of Alex Johnson joining the top 5, I scrolled down the list and noticed Josh Morris sneakily sitting on 11th position. That's pretty impressive for his position, considering most of Alex Johnson's try's were gifted to him to fall over the line. I know he scored a lot of tries...
  72. Moedogg

Burton is overrated.

The guy has no ball playing skills. No creativity whatsoever. Can't even use the best 2nd rower in the game to his advantage. He clearly didn't want to be out there today in the scorching sun.
  73. Moedogg

News Bennett drops Milford for round 1 of the season.

He's gone. If Bennett can't help him no one can. I thought this would be a fresh start for the Milf and he'd work his ass off to get back to his possible best.
  74. Moedogg

Official Team list Tuesday

TBA Why does it take till 4pm to name the 17 for the first game of the year when you've had the whole week. Hurry up and name the side.
  75. Moedogg

Who plays Fullback?

After watching the All stars game plus today's trial, it's pretty clear that Perham is a reserve grader. I swear Perret and Hoppa who were solid defensively have more attacking threat than this guy. We don't have many options. Averillo doesn't seem to have improved but he sucks less at FB than...
  76. Moedogg

After watching today's trial game, who's in your 17?

I thought I'd see Averilo have a run at fullback in the 2nd half at least but I guess he's not in Ciraldo's plans for fullback. Perham Kiraz Alamonti Averilo JAC Burton Flanno King Mahoney TPJ (assuming he's fit) RFM Kikau Sutton Reynolds Thompson Preston Pele Nu Brown will be...
  77. Moedogg

What kind of style will the team play under Ciraldo?

Can't wait for the season to start, just wondering what kind of style will we see the bulldogs play under Cam Ciraldo? Will it be a conservative defense focused team or are we going to be a bit more expansive and throw the ball around a bit more? Thoughts?
  78. Moedogg

Who will get the spoon in 2023?

I reckon Dragons but I'd like to see Bennett get his first spoon after having so many star players through out his career.
  79. Moedogg

NSW Origin Jersey looks awful

I don't know if it's the Westpac logo or maybe its just the PUMA logo that looks ugly on RL jerseys. They look like soccer shirts.
  80. Moedogg

Joe Rogan accuses Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson of steroid use

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? It’s steroids, claimed Joe Rogan on an episode of his podcast. Controversial podcast host and UFC commentator Joe Rogan demanded Sunday on an episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience” that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson “come clean” over whether or not he uses...
  81. Moedogg

RIP Christine McVie

Love Fleetwood Mac. Sad to hear that she passed.
  82. Moedogg

Boxing $BW gets KO'd by pub crawler

His manager got it wrong, picking the wrong 'over the hill' fighter.
  83. Moedogg

Wheel Chair Rugby League

How good, was trending 4th on Twitter today. Getting way more attention than the other versions. I watched a bit of it and it was quite entertaining.
  84. Moedogg

Bring back the Kangaroo tour

Found this on YouTube. Kangaroos of the past were some tough bastards. Doubt today's players would survive this lol!
  85. Moedogg

Curtis Rona

Former Wallaby Curtis Rona is poised to return to rugby league after a bizarre series of events in recent weeks. Rona came close to signing with Super Rugby franchise Western Force last month before the deal fell through. The 30-year-old outside back then went missing from his current club...
  86. Moedogg

Which type of forwards are better?

Short, built low to the ground with explosiveness ( Leota, Leniu, Papali ) or Big, tall meter eaters, line benders (NAS, RCG, JWH)? I'm starting to favor the shorter forwards. They're very hard to tackle.
  87. Moedogg

Souffs vs Parra GF, please don't happen..

Can you imagine this happening? That's just disgusting. I would probably have to figure a way to filter out any NRL related news or just stay offline for a month. As much as I hate to say it, Panthers need to beat Souffs tonight and go back to back.
  88. Moedogg

Who's the lesser evil? Who do you want to see win the premiership?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Storm win the Premiership, with the Raiders my 2nd preference. Sharks- Can't stand Mulitalo Cowboys - I'm jealous that they could win a premiership with a halves pairing like that Eels- No explanation need Souffs - re-live 2014 again? No way Roosters -...
  89. Moedogg

The positives from this season

Well the season is done and dusted. Even though it's disappointing that we didn't make the eight, we finished 12th which is an improvement from spoon Here are some of the positives for this year and going into next year. We unearthed some gems Kiraz King Burton and JAC have built a...
  90. Moedogg

Our front row next year is worrying.

All we got is Max King. Our go forward sucks, especially against the better forward packs in the top 8. We only got over Parra because TPJ decided to turn up. Vaughn is gone next year, Thompson is not much of a meter eater, RFM crabs across field and Patolo doesn't run hard. Our outside backs...
  91. Moedogg

Braidon Burns skillset

I'm actually surprised by how skillful this guy is. That catch and pass to set up Kiraz's first try was Jmoz level. There was another game where he also set up a try with a tap on before getting knocked out. Bar Manu/Mitchell not many of the centers in the game have that sort of skill. I...
  92. Moedogg

Paul Vaughan

I still can't get around why he was allowed to go to England. He's been our best prop this year. Consistently bends the line and has amazing leg drive.
  93. Moedogg

Slim top 8 hopes gone. Time to spoil the party

Now that all hopes of making the 8 are gone, it's time to end the season for other clubs. Hope we can throw the ball around a bit more, offload at will and put on some big scores.
  94. Moedogg

Declan Okunbor

Error machine. Hope he stays in NSW cup.
  95. Moedogg

News ‘Blown away’: Matthew Johns can’t believe Josh Addo-Carr Origin II snub

NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has made a host of changes for State of Origin II but one star who still hasn’t got a look in is Bulldogs star Josh Addo-Carr. Seven changes were made to the squad from Origin I with Matt Burton and Siosifa Talakai set to debut, Api Koroisau to play after being on...
  96. Moedogg

Our next 5 rounds

We've got Sharks,Bye, Rabbitohs,Titans, Knights. We could be sitting on 18 points if we win all 4 games. Rabbitohs (7th) and Dragons (8th) are on 18 points each. Rabbitohs have a tough couple of 8 games coming up Eels, Knights, Bulldogs, Storm and Sharks Dragons have Raiders, Broncos...
  97. Moedogg

Official Sack Potter

What has he done to this side? We're supposed to be shit in attack and letting in trys.
  98. Moedogg

Isn't great not having Okunbor in the team?

I reckon this dud was a major reason we didn't win some of the winnable games. He kept turning over the ball through dumb errors and letting in tries because he either got caught in no man's land or was slower than a ship in turning around. I no longer get nervous when the opposition attacks our...
  99. Moedogg

JAC-BURTON left side combination

Took them a while to get it going but looks like we've got something special to watch in the coming years. They're starting to understand each other's games and pretty soon it will be 2nd nature for Burton to kick for JAC once there's an opportunity. That dickhead schoupp needs to stop being a...
  100. Moedogg

Jack Wighton

Is this guy the new Kurt Gidley? I don't understand why commentators and selectors love him so much.