Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who in our squad do you think will have a positive impact on our season? Averillo was probably our best last year and pretty much won us the game with some brilliant individual performances.

I reckon Critta, regardless of where he plays will be our MVP. Burton, I'm not sold on him as a leader and a 5/8th, Mahoney might have a better season. Kikau's season will depend on how well Burton plays.

Thoughts?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Crichton plays 1 he wont be our best.

If he plays his best then it'll be Kikau.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Probably Preston. Kikau might go well if he stays fit. Kiraz will rip in and run hard as usual, ditto Wilson, if and when he gets a game. As good as his attitude is, and as talented as he is, I think Crichton will struggle to make much of an impact off the back of our pack. Burton is criminally underrated on here. But he needs a decent pack and regular halves partner and organiser to show what he can do. JAC is still our best finisher, but again, our pack will limit him.

Mahoney will struggle again, I think. Firstly, I think he’s overrated and secondly, he won’t have much help in d from his props.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's more the players we've let go that will have an impact. Players like Waddell, Flanagan and Okonbor have been replaced with much better and hungrier players which should lead to good competition for spots and everyone playing a bit harder for us.
If youre looking at just external players coming in then Crichton without a doubt will have the most impact

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Positive impact is definitely Crichton, kid is a winner.

Overall impact in terms of our season hinging on their form is Mahoney. Had a terrible 2nd half of the season last year and he absolutely needs to return to his Eels form if we’re any chance.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he can get back to his 2019 form by mid season.

Remember in that season the Sharks eventually played him in what seems his best position (left centre), which forced jmoz out to the left wing.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a tough question to answer IMO because you have to see what happens at training and who speaks up behind close doors etc.

I’d say Critta or Kikau if fit will lead by example and hopefully any number of other guys feed off them and it leads to on field form.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Kikau needs to step up this year. Obviously his 2023 season was interrupted by injury, however we desperately need that alpha leader in the pack and with the current roster it has to be him.
Burton has now played about 50 games in the halves, it's make or break time. If he steps it up and delivers on his potential we'll have a much improved season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I think Crichton has the potential to make the most impression. If he plays as well at fullback as he has at centre then he’s a game winner. Then it’s Burton, has such a high ceiling, this season needs to be the big step up.

Always a Bulldog

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton without doubt. His kicking game alone will decide most games for us.