Dally M awards

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not even Preston got a mention in the Rookie of year category and it's shows how bad we fell away after those couple of early wins when Kiraz went from leading the Dally M at one stage to not even making the final cut for winger of the year category.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Not even Preston got a mention in the Rookie of year category and it's shows how bad we fell away after those couple of early wins when Kiraz went from leading the Dally M at one stage to not even making the final cut for winger of the year category.
Preston was easily rookie of year, very strange.

Kiraz does not deserve to be near any award, fell away massively

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That dally m team of the year is fkn stacked lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did Ponga win it over Johnson. Ponga wasn't even the best fullback this year.
He carried the Knights and a team of nobody's and got all the points. Just like Thurston and John's used to do and win multiple Dally Ms. Don't think Lockyer ever got it coz Brisbane have always been stacked.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did Ponga win it over Johnson. Ponga wasn't even the best fullback this year.
Wasnt even a rep FB... Looked a bit rigged didnt it... What else do u expect from the NRL? As soon as i heard there was a new 6 point system i knew it was made for the last 10 rounds where Ponga actually started playing.

Last edited:

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be like every other sport where at the end of the year they vote who’s been the best player

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
In one round SJ got zero points for 2 try assists and 3 linebreaks assists…in another game pinga got 6 points for 1 try, 1 try assist and 120m….righto. What a farce

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In one round SJ got zero points for 2 try assists and 3 linebreaks assists…in another game pinga got 6 points for 1 try, 1 try assist and 120m….righto. What a farce
Firstly Pinga.. LMAO.

So dumb to rob someone of such a prestigious award and probably one SJ will never get a chance at again. They literally played each other a couple of weeks ago in a final and SJ showed the kid up..

Dead set wrapped they're growing the game in NZ then flush all the hard work down the toilet... Muppets.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Point system is still shit.,

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
LOL ... 100% rigged alright and very embarrassing if this happens to be true.

Sean Johnson & Kalyn Ponga both didn't play in the final round, yet Ponga somehow is awarded 6 pts to overtake SJ and Win Player of The Year.

NRL Dally M player of the year: Kalyn Ponga!
By Simon Smale
The voting came down to the final round, with Shaun Johnson taking a five-point lead over Kalyn Ponga.
Only for Ponga to win six points in the final round!

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga carried a heap of Nevilles deep into the finals. Played unreal. Takes nothing away from Johnson. Halfback of the year award over likes of Reynolds, Cleary and DCE is a strong reward and recognition for effort. Was probably cheering for SJ myself, but to say ‘robbed’ or ‘rigged’ because Ponga won it is a bit harsh.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasnt even a rep FB... Looked a bit rigged didnt it... What else do u expect from the NRL? As soon as i heard there was a new 6 point system i knew it was made for the last 10 rounds where Ponga actually started playing.
6 point system is fucked... draw isn't balanced. Dumb ***** who run these things have no idea, they just made it more unfair imo.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga would have been QLD fullback if fit