Search results

1. T

Brenko the special

The logical thing is swapping Josh and Brenko. Brenko looked much more comfortable at the start of the year when he played alongside Brett. An experienced winger talking to a rookie centre in defence is invaluable And it's not like the Morris combination has been productive to say we lose...
  2. T

Open Training

Is there an open training session/fan day scheduled for this week?
  3. T

How Good is it Having the Tank Back?

Yeah let's bench our best attacking and defensive second rower this year
  4. T

3-2-1

Wtf how do so many people not have lafai in their top 3. Easily our best in attack and he was a beast in defense.
  5. T

It's time for Inu to step up!!

With Inu finally getting his chance this year he needs to pull his finger out and show Des why he needs to be in our team. Going into this year everyone knew our forward pack would be our strength but there was a big doubt on our backline. If Inu can force his way into the team (at the...
  6. T

Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

Minimum wage is 85k for anyone in the top 25
  7. T

Fullback Discussion

And Nick Youngquest
  8. T

Tony Williams - 2013 Discussion Thread

He did well with his hands today. But until he consistently stands back and runs hard into holes then he does not justify his place in the team (especially for 80 mins).
  9. T

Perrett's decision making

It was a crucial play. But he still comes up with terrible decisions under the high ball. He keeps trying for leaping catches when the ball is landing 10 or more metres out from the try line. I don't know why he doesn't just wait for the opposition to catch the ball and wrap them up. It seems...
  10. T

Help identifying signatures

Pretty much 100% sure of the ones in red. Graham is most likely the one in blue. Only one not sure about is the one in green.
  11. T

Drury Low's game last night.

He's definitely getting better, especially in attack. The thing he needs to keep working on is his positioning in defense and on kicks. He seems to always get there a step too late. We were lucky we didn't concede a couple of 40/20s last night.
  12. T

Tony Williams Performance

The guy is utterly useless atm. Even very lazy in defense. One of our players will be tackling someone one on one a meter away from him and he will stand there and watch. Don't know Des' logic playing him 80min but I can't wait until he goes back to the bench playing 20 min stints. Hopefully...
  13. T

Kris Keating Discussion Thread 2013

He was really good in defense tonight but he still looks lost in attack. He continually runs sideways and jams up the ball runners. He obviously isn't our answer at halfback but I don't know if Hodko would be any better unfortunately. If only there were decent halfbacks off the market last...
  14. T

Banner Ideas

One for next year... Sic 'Em T-Rex
  15. T

A new club try scoring record.

Way off. In 2004 we scored 760 points in the regular season under Folkes. That's still the best total of any team since then. To compare, consider how good our attack was this year and we scored 568 points.
  16. T

Ben Barba reveals the inspiration behind his breakout season

Had to read this line again and then run through our team and it's true. Can't believe a 23 year old is our longest serving player. But an awesome article. Shows how down to earth Ben still is despite all his success.
  17. T

MEDIA OUT OF CONTROL - What the hell is happening to these journalists?

Any "coach" that gets punched in the face by one of his players must be a self righteous **** It's good to see the refs didn't buy into his bullsh*t since they didn't go to the video ref on any of the tries we scored off our decoy plays.
  18. T

Referees and their influence...

Probably the worst refereeing of the ruck I've seen in a while. Souths were all over the heads and necks of our players and were so slow getting up and the referees let most of it go. Add the that the amount of times the markers were offside and we did well to come away with a win.
  19. T

Dale Finucane - 2012 Discussion Thread

Was worried he would be too small for FG when he was carving up the 20s but he's put on a fair bit of size and really bent the line with every run. Has a very big future and I would put more effort into resigning him then worrying about signing guys like T-Rex.
  20. T

Mental Toughness

IMO the biggest thing Des has changed in our team. No matter what the scoreboard is we don't seem to lost the plot and can grind ourselves back into a game. Amazing stat on the Footy Show that we have only conceded 2 tries in the last 20 mins of all our games this year. That's incredible...
  21. T

Josh Reynolds - 2012 Discussion Thread

I am a huge fan of Reynolds but you have to laugh at that video. Half the "highlights" in defence were missed tackles.
  22. T

Dogs sign Mitch Brown - effective NOW apparently

I'd give him a run at centre if Wright doesn't perform this week. Other possibility could be Des is looking to shift Barba to 5/8 and wants another option for fullback.
  23. T

Mickey Paea - 2011 Discussion Thread

Sad to see him go but he would have been nothing more then a depth player next year. Tolman, Graham, Kasiano and Tapau would have all been infront of him.
  24. T

Frank The Tank's hit ... ZOMGROFLMAO ...

Simon Dwyer got away with this hit. No penalty, no report, no suspension and the video ref even had time to look at it during the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ILh-w5LPYo We should at least be able to get it downgraded and allow Frank to play this week.
  25. T

You've gotta laugh at times...

Exactly. For example Tony Grimaldi was a great player for us but what process did he go through to get the strength and conditioning role. Did we just assume that because he was a fit player he would be a good trainer. We are one of the wealthiest clubs around. We should be spending money on...
  26. T

How to beat St George

A lot of people are saying to play error free football but if that means we resort to one out running then we will get dominated again. The Merge defense is too good around the ruck to gain any momentum doing that. The key to beating them is trying to avoid gang tackles and that comes from...
  27. T

Halatau dropped..Eastwood comes into the bench.

Lol you guys need to settle down. They said they expect Halatau to drop off the bench due to a hamstring strain. It's still all speculation anyway so relax on the Moore bashing until we know for sure.
  28. T

The UFC Thread

UFC fights are scored under the 10 point must system so a 9-9 round is impossible unless there is a point deduction. I think a draw was definitely the right result. Maynard didn't do enough to earn the title and Frankie did too much to lose it. You have to feel for Anthony Pettis having to...
  29. T

theme song for next year

LOL even more reason to do it. I know it probably wouldn't work in the NRL for a number of different reasons but I can dream lol.
  30. T

theme song for next year

I've always thought the Dogs should look at doing something similar to the NBA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngfYgVsR4k Imagine all the lights going off at Telstra Stadium and a crazy hype up video being shown before the players run out. Would be awesome to see. Only problem could be...
  31. T

Bulldogs players questioned over scandal

Ben Roberts manager is also a lawyer. People need to stop jumping to conclusions because thats how stuff gets out of hand.
  32. T

what next for cronulla?

LOL You're an idiot. The guy is one of the only Sharks players who looks good this year and if he was playing for anyone else would be a chance of SOO this year.
  33. T

Henjak must be on drugs

Dunamis Lui was actually very good on debut last week. For a 20 year old prop he bent the line every time he took the ball up. This kid has a massive future.
  34. T

New tackling Technique?

Is Hoppa the new defensive coach at Manly? Could explain things.
  35. T

YOUR lineup vs wests tigers

Browne will definitely be picked before Taupau based on yesterday.
  36. T

Thurston gone for the season!!!

Not sure if you've mixed up the Ayoubs. Sam is a player manager. Tony is the physio. It will have to be a pretty bad dislocation to put him out for the season. They would have to scan it to know for sure so that article is going off a bit early.
  37. T

Gallop pushing for 40k stadium at Campbelltown

They should build it at Liverpool. That way us, Parra and the Tigers would all be more likely to use it.
  38. T

YOUR lineup vs wests tigers

If noone comes back from injury next week I would go with 1. Patten 2. Turner 3. Roberts 4. Morris 5. Goodwin 6. Barba 7. Kimmorley 8. Hannant 9. Ennis 10. Armit 11. Gordon 12. Ryan 13. Stagg 14. Idris 15. Warburton 16. Browne 17. Taupau/Williams Idris can come on for Gordon so we have an...
  39. T

Sackings threads

I'm with you Ben. If you watch Jamaal defend he turns his shoulders in and let's the opposition centre get around him way too easily. Michael Jennings does the same thing but he relies on his speed to turn and chase which Jamaal can't do. Jamaal has to learn to keep himself more square on to...
  40. T

lol gst banner / lol @ fans infighting - Merger thread.

LOL what a p*ssy. What did you say?
  41. T

Banners 2010.

What about Rockin Roberts (like Rockin Robin) Pretty lame but all I could think of for Ben lol.
  42. T

st merge retard getting owned lolololol

Jealousy. 30 years with no premiership and selling away your history can really f*ck with your mind.
  43. T

haha you can keep it up man. Just didn't like being called a stupid human being :p.
  44. T

haha dude I like that you quoted it in your sig but that quote was actually by me. I was being sarcastic.
  45. T

:D Thanks everyone. It's just too funny how retarded some merge fans are. Here's another moron in action. http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=355869 My favourite is still BANKSTOWN Bulls being Parramatta juniors haha
  46. T

Bulldogs eye party for Price - Price ruled out of game

Nice. I always said we should be doing something like this for Price. Hopefully it shows Pricey how much we all still love him and he comes home and works for the Bulldogs after he retires.
  47. T

Hannant chases $150,000 pay rise

This article smells like a typical bullsh*t Telegraph article and people are swallowing it like it's Gospel. Made up figures with no quotes, unnamed players getting in his ear. Plus it says this But then goes on to say It doesn't seem to add up right. All I know is Hannant busted his...
  48. T

player with first names as last names

Needs more Justin Hodges
  49. T

Cowboys VS Titans SPOILERS

He missed his last goal last year so the streaks at 16.
  50. T

Sharks vs Parra spoilers

Really? They seemed alot worse then that. They were both around 50% at halftime.
  51. T

Late Mail.

F*ck hope General plays. If not looks like Turner to FB and JTK on the wing.
  52. T

Sharks vs Parra spoilers

Mateo showed what his biggest problem is tonight. He is just not consistent at all. Yes he can have a blinder but when he has a bad game he is f*cken terrible.
  53. T

Late Mail.

He was named in the team earlier in the week so not suspended. Wonder who's in doubt.
  54. T

Sharks vs Parra spoilers

Gotta hand it to the Sharks fans. There isn't many of them there but they make alot of noise.
  55. T

Sharks vs Parra spoilers

hahaha couldn't score a point against the f*cken Sharks. What a joke of a team.
  56. T

The Matty Johns Show Thread 2010

They don't get the Matty Johns show in Melbourne (actually im pretty sure anywhere outside of NSW and QLD). They get an AFL show called The Bounce. So those increased ratings have nothing to do with Mattys show. The Matty Johns show will never work. They are in a primetime slot so it can't be...
  57. T

Autobarn deal revs up Dogs

Awesome news. There's an autobarn up the road from me so will definitely visit them a bit more now. Wonder how the logo is going to look on our jersey though with the green and gold.
  58. T

Tactics V Souths - Thoughts ?

Yeah Idris outside and it's normally Stagg inside but last week we had Green defending inside Noddy. He really impressed in defense so let's hope he keeps it up. Haven't had a crack at photoshop since last season. I need some new inspiration...can we find another f*ckwit as big as Soward?
  59. T

Tactics V Souths - Thoughts ?

It's all well and good for them to say they will rush up and slide faster but doing it is another thing. They might be able to do it for the first 10 mins but can they sustain it. I see us playing a similar game to last week. Quick scoots/runs up the middle of the ruck to tire out their big...
  60. T

Lamb's mission to poach Keating, Henry next on list

Barba will never be our 7. He is being groomed to take over fullback from Patten. If rumours are true, Patten might retire/go to England at the end of the year. Otherwise Barba will play another year off the bench or fight with Roberts to play 5/8. But yes I still don't see why we are...
  61. T

Lamb's mission to poach Keating, Henry next on list

None of them offer a halfback solution that's for sure.
  62. T

Souths Team vs Bulldogs

If last week showed us anything it's alot can happen in a week of footy. Anyone writing off Souths is stupid...especially with their forward pack. But it all comes down to the attitude we bring to the game. I see us playing a very similar sort of game to last week. Quick runs/scoots around...
  63. T

Who will still be a Bulldog in 5 years??

With how often players move around these days wouldn't surprise me if it's not many. If you look at our 2005 squad only 3 players are left - Armit, Ryan and Patten
  64. T

Canterbury side Vs South Sydney

Problem with Buddy starting is we are left with Green, Armit and Hickey on the bench. Doesn't really give us the impact we need after about 20 mins. If we had another ball playing, impact second rower I would be happy for Buddy to start but as it is he needs to play the role which is best...
  65. T

Mate Taupau is playing against a bunch of 20 year olds. There is no way you can compare that to what he will face in FG. F*ck he played in a 40-40 draw over the weekend. Shows how p*ss poor the defense is in NYC. No one is doubting the kid has huge potential but this isn't the time to be...
  66. T

Nah the original injury was an ankle ligament. Injuries happen we can't blame it on bringing him back early. We brought back Armit early and he got through the game fine.
  67. T

I disagree. I like Buddy alot more coming off the bench. He loses his impact when he starts and we need a player like him coming on after the early grind to give us some second phase. I thought Green did a solid job much in the mould of Warbo. Was really impressed with his kick chase and...
  68. T

Like who? If Hodgo or Paea are available then Hickey isn't there. But since their both injured we have to go with Hickey. No surprises. Bad luck for Halatau but let's hope Williams fires up for this chance.
  69. T

Jarrad Hickey 2010 Discussion Thread

Problem is he's had 4 years to get into better shape and it doesn't look like happening. I actually like Hickey because he is a junior and a Bulldog through and through but you can only wait around for so long for his potential to turn into something. Maybe a change of teams is whats needed...
  70. T

Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Apparently last week they were. Greenberg should be sacked because we didn't sign enough kectiks in the off season.
  71. T

Brett Kimmorley, 2010 Discussion Thread

He's at his best when he isn't trying to do everything himself. He was giving alot of early ball to Roberts which gave our outside backs more chance to see the ball. And Ennis back took alot of pressure off him. He was too much of a target last week without Ennis there.
  72. T

Blake Green 2010 Discussion Thread

Sorry mods merge with the other Blake Green thread
  73. T

Blake Green 2010 Discussion Thread

Blake Green I thought he was pretty good today. He is very solid in defense for a half and led the kick chase really well. He also offered us another option in attack and laid on that try for Barba by running a really good line. It looks like it might be between him and Warburton for a...
  74. T

Kevin Moore, 2010 Discussion Thread

Sorry man wasn't having a go at you was just pointing it out. We would be crazy not to go wide with guys like Roberts, Morris and Idris out there. Let's hope the win gives us the confidence to keep that gameplan going.
  75. T

2010 Dogs Casualty Ward

Yeah he did ice it as soon as he came off but still hoping it was only precautionary. Wonder what happens to Warburton when he comes back from suspension. He might struggle to get his place back in the team.
  76. T

Kevin Moore, 2010 Discussion Thread

We have to go forward before we can throw the ball around. The last 2 weeks we have been way too slow and have been dominated around the rucks. Today we played much more direct (like all the quick scoots out of dummy half) and that opened things up for us to throw the ball around.
  77. T

Hickey eager to lead the Bulldogs pack

The writing is on the wall for Hickey. At full strength he is nowhere near first grade. Hannant, Hodgo, Armit and Paea are easily ahead of him.
  78. T

Steve Turner 2010 Discussion Thread

Played awesome today and showed what the club saw in him. His up and in defense is just like what haz used to give us but I he offers more in attack, especially his dummy half running. He still needs to work on his sliding defense though. That's twice in 2 weeks he's missed a tackle off a...
  79. T

2010 Dogs Casualty Ward

He didn't look too worried sitting on the bench. Let's hope he just felt a slight strain and they brought him off as a precaution. Really liked what he showed with his limited time on the field though. Will be very good for us this year.
  80. T

Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Will be a massive asset for us off the bench this year. Can be brought on if we are behind to try to get some quick points or like today he can be brought on to help finish off a win. I know the whole X Factor thing was a bit of fun but I hope he doesn't let things get to his head too much...
  81. T

The Egg-On-Face Thread.

People were way too quick to right us off after 2 games. Sure we played like sh*t but if Parra showed anything last year is that no one should be written off this early. Yes we should be absolutely pumped about the win today but we shouldn't get cocky about the next few weeks. If we don't...
  82. T

Your team for rd 2?

Did you not watch the prelim final against the Eels last year? Idris and Gordon together was a disaster.
  83. T

The goody goody policy that rebuilt our club from a disastrous 2008 and provided one of the biggest one year turn arounds in rugby league history. The one that got us to within one game of a grand final. The one that has got us back to being one of the best sponsored clubs in the league. Yeah...
  84. T

I think Reni is looking for a new club too.
  85. T

Ennis High Tackle

I think carry over points only last a year. Ennis didn't have any suspensions last year (he got off that chicken wing one) so he should hopefully have no carry over points by now. Grade 1 should still see him escape suspension.
  86. T

Your team for rd 2?

LOL massive over reaction man. You're talking as if the guy was a regular first grader or had a blinder last year. He is a kid with 8 games experience. There is no way when he signed with the Dogs they would have guaranteed him a first grade spot. He would have known he was fighting for his...
  87. T

Your team for rd 2?

And Cam Smith kicks at 71% which is even worse then Ennis.
  88. T

Positives from the game

Looks like the new 'downtown rule' could open up things for Patten to link with our wingers/centres even more. We made a few good breaks off it yersterday.
  89. T

Your team for rd 2?

Wonder what we do if Ennis gets suspended. Halatau would have been the backup option but he prob won't be back. I seem to remember Blake Green not playing that well at hooker. Do we put Roberts there? Stagg? Or call up Nathan Smith?
  90. T

Where are...

Hate threads after a game like that are pointless. We played terrible as a team for 60 minutes. Trying to blame the loss on an individual player or one single play in the game is stupid.
  91. T

Heka Nanai 2010 Discussion Thread

Thing was he didn't just miss him but he almost didn't even get a hand on him. He was crazy for giving him the outside like that. He should have covered the sideline and let his inside defender come across and help him. it was a rookie mistake.
  92. T

Ben Roberts 2010 Discussion Thread

100% right. It was so frustrating how many times we turned the ball back on the inside. Their fowards were fired up and were giving us nothing up the middle. It was obvious from the line break in the 1st couple of minutes that we had to attack them wide but we didn't start doing it...
  93. T

Train Vandalism after last night's game

Link Good to hear these f*ckwits got caught. Let's hope they get hefty punishments but knowing our legal system they will get a slap on the wrist and be out doing this sort of **** again next week.
  94. T

Heka Nanai 2010 Discussion Thread

To be fair Patten didn't really help him in that situation. Patten initially ran to the ball and then slowed up and left it for Heka. They are both to blame for it. How funny was it when he made like 4 tackles in a row from marker and the crowd was sarcastically cheering him on. Yeah he had...
  95. T

By doing that you'd be breaking up a proven lethal combination. Goodwin and Morris were probably the best centre/wing combo last year so it would be a massive gamble splitting them. In saying all that I'm with you on JTK not getting a run last night. I also think he's got huge potential and...
  96. T

Press Conference

Maybe it came down to who put their hand up to take the job? Maybe Goodwin didn't want the added pressure of filling Haz's boots. Ennis seems like the type of guy who likes taking on as much responsibility as possible.