Mental Toughness

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO the biggest thing Des has changed in our team. No matter what the scoreboard is we don't seem to lost the plot and can grind ourselves back into a game.

Amazing stat on the Footy Show that we have only conceded 2 tries in the last 20 mins of all our games this year. That's incredible considering fatigue is usually what lead to mental lapses. Hats off to Des and the training staff

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah its an amazing stat and turn around from the last couple of years, it means teams have to try put points on us early, if not they aint gonna wear us down!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our forward pack is really firing at the moment. I had to work and didn't see the game but it sounds like everyone put in against a big determined Souths pack. The side is still a work in progress so hopefully they're looking even better by finals time.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been only a couple of teams winning from a Monday night backing it up to a Saturday game. For us to do that yesterday was amazing and not to forget we lost Pritchard for the game and Eastwood was out, if thy were in who news what would of happened

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were without Eastwood then lost Pritchard, Kasiano had a sore back from monday, Keating isn't as effective in these games so yeah, we showed a lot of character and heart to hold on and clinch the win.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's an amazing stat. 2 tries in final 20 mins? Awesome.

I've been so impressed with our calmness and drive this year. There have been so many games that we would have lost on previous yrs. This yr, we manage to get in the grind and control the tempo. No one is panicking and we stick to the game plan. As soon as we got the ball last nite and our big men started passing, we looked unstoppable. The week off has come at the perfect time I think. We looked tired early on

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
and souths have no toughness

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The backup from Monday was impressive. It probably explained the slow start but their self-belief got them back in the game. Can I say, though, that two poor defensive efforts in particular bothered me. David Stagg, who hardly ever misses a tackle, made an abysmal attempt on Dave Taylor when he scored. That miss may just see him without a 2013 offer. And secondly, not for the first time this year, Josh Reynolds missed a front-on tackle to allow a Souths break. As much as I love this guy, he needs to work on his one-on-one defence.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The backup from Monday was impressive. It probably explained the slow start but their self-belief got them back in the game. Can I say, though, that two poor defensive efforts in particular bothered me. David Stagg, who hardly ever misses a tackle, made an abysmal attempt on Dave Taylor when he scored. That miss may just see him without a 2013 offer. And secondly, not for the first time this year, Josh Reynolds missed a front-on tackle to allow a Souths break. As much as I love this guy, he needs to work on his one-on-one defence.
I think kas's effort on Taylor was worse. Stagg was just wrong footed I think.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our boys are playing very well at the moment.

If they can get to a similar level mentally like the tennis player Novak Djokovic then we can beat anyone.

Novak is currently playing in the French open.

Novak played a five set match against Seppi and won. It seemed to take a lot out of him.

He then played a five set match against Tsonga. Is this match he defended 4 match points in the fourth set, stuck to his guns and believed he could still win. In the final set he broke Tsonga's spirit and smashed him 6 - 1!

In this match he played very well but Tsonga was even better at times. Novak still stuck to his game plans and relied on his increased fitness and won.

When we play Melbourne in 3 weeks they will be better than us at times during the match. Our boys now believe in themselves. They will stick to their game plans we will win. Our desire and increased fitness and belief in themselves is very evident.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Our boys are playing very well at the moment.

If they can get to a similar level mentally like the tennis player Novak Djokovic then we can beat anyone.

Novak is currently playing in the French open.

Novak played a five set match against Seppi and won. It seemed to take a lot out of him.

He then played a five set match against Tsonga. Is this match he defended 4 match points in the fourth set, stuck to his guns and believed he could still win. In the final set he broke Tsonga's spirit and smashed him 6 - 1!

In this match he played very well but Tsonga was even better at times. Novak still stuck to his game plans and relied on his increased fitness and won.

When we play Melbourne in 3 weeks they will be better than us at times during the match. Our boys now believe in themselves. They will stick to their game plans we will win. Our desire and increased fitness and belief in themselves very evident.
Who does Novak play for can we sign him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't recall outside of this year the last time we played 80 minutes. The fact we seem to be now doing it every week is a huge credit to the players and coaching staff.

Can't wait until our side plays a fulll 80 minutes on fire though with a full strength side :grinning:.

Apparently the Bulldogs have let in very few points in the second half of games this year.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
An amazing statistic. Digging deep for your mates. I loved the comment by Reynolds after the Rabbits game.. There must be a great feeling around the Club at the moment.... focus back 12 months, and you have a completely different atmosphere. Love my footy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.