Hannant chases $150,000 pay rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Who cares what he is asking for? As long as he puts in 100% thats all I want from him. Whilst signed with us, that is the expectation I have. After that, good luck to him.

And yes he is worth more that $300k. If Lima's asking price was $350k, then this bloke is at least $400.
Agreed.

Mike B

Bargache +447
Reaction score
So... $300k is being underpaid?
Well, if Hickey is on 200k then maybe....

so he is a grub for wanting to go home and if he does to get more money....so none of you would ever want a job closer to home and if there was one you wouldnt ask for more money...
A rugby league career shouldn't be compared to your everyday career that most of us have.... When you are getting that kind coin to play sport you can't really complain about travel.
Putting him at the same price range as SBW?

Honestly SBW was far more talented and has shown a lot more than Hannant has, Hannant might be a very good prop, but until he can win games by himself he is NOT worth that kind of price...

Look at all the other players on the market with the 400k - 450k pricetag, they're all superstars, Hannant isn't a superstar
No prop is worth more than 300k imo. They are not game breakers or 'superstars'. That sort of coin should be spent on halfbacks, centres, fullbacks etc

I'll stick with the Armit type workhorse. We've had some good ones....Mitch Newton, Darren Britt, to name a few.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Smoke = Fire

LOL Fovos. I am sure Give hannat 400 and he will turn around and sook for 500.

W

waveraider

It business now gents and he will try and earn what he is worth. Its up to the club to make business decisions and that will come down to if they want to give him more, make him see out his contract or let him go and move in a different direction. Its life we all want to make more money and have to seize on our opportunities.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-150000-pay-rise/story-e6frexnr-1225849246626
By James Phelps From: The Sunday Telegraph April 03, 2010 11:12PM

The Bulldogs suspect that Hannant's "homesickness" may have been fuelled by a fellow Queenslander with whom he played on last year's Four Nations tour.

It is understood the player told Hannant he was being underpaid by the Bulldogs and said he should return to Queensland where he could earn more money.
."
Please explain how are players in QLD able to earn more money hmmmm Mr "Fellow QLDer" ???........especially considering he was playing in FREAKING QLD less than 12 months earlier for MUCH less !

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It business now gents and he will try and earn what he is worth. Its up to the club to make business decisions and that will come down to if they want to give him more, make him see out his contract or let him go and move in a different direction. Its life we all want to make more money and have to seize on our opportunities.
Business is honouring a contract and not trying to up it because you think you are worth more, or less from the clubs point of view if you turn out to be a dud signing. You sign a deal for 3 years, stick to it. Its pretty simple. This could set a very dangerous precedent. Contracts seem to mean nothing anymore and it ****s me to tears.

P

PTE HOLLAND

What so we give Hannant 400k. And does that take his home sickness away..

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This article smells like a typical bullsh*t Telegraph article and people are swallowing it like it's Gospel. Made up figures with no quotes, unnamed players getting in his ear. Plus it says this

The Titans last week pulled out of negotiations with Hannant for 2011 after learning of his asking price.
But then goes on to say

Mimis said he would continue negotiations with the Gold Coast Titans tomorrow, with chief executive Michael Searle last week caught up in the club's salary-cap investigation.

"I haven't spoken to the Titans this week," Mimis said.

"I am guessing Searle is pretty busy. We are reviewing the situation at the moment. We would like to get him closer to home, but that is ongoing."
It doesn't seem to add up right. All I know is Hannant busted his ass last week for us and has said he will continue to do so as long as he is wearing the blue and white. That's all I'm going to ask of the bloke.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOled when he did not put an Australian clause in his contract

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Honestly SBW was far more talented and has shown a lot more than Hannant has, Hannant might be a very good prop, but until he can win games by himself he is NOT worth that kind of price...

Look at all the other players on the market with the 400k - 450k pricetag, they're all superstars, Hannant isn't a superstar

This story can obviously go either way, if it's bullsh!t (more then likely) then stupid f*cking media, but if it is true, he is the same as SBW in my books, he's just a lot smarter than SBW.
Someone is finally seeing the light on the issue. Glad you are not seeing through your goggles, whether you respect Hannant 100% or not is not the issue here.

It's the fact that there are so many gullible idiots who are supposed to be Bulldogs supporters, who will accept anything Hannant comes out and says, even if he spits out it's a blatant lie.

No body can seriously believe that telecrap article until you hear it straight from the horses mouth...
Class example of a goggled supporter. Sorry to point you out like this, but this is the point I'm trying to get at.

Just because Hannant will come out and say "it's not true" - everyone will believe it!

Wake up to yourselves. If you're going to support Hannant, do it in the right ****ing manner and for the right reasons.

Start using your brains ladies and gentlemen.

X

XxFoVoSxX

This story can obviously go either way, if it's bullsh!t (more then likely) then stupid f*cking media, but if it is true, he is the same as SBW in my books, he's just a lot smarter than SBW.
wasnt sonny bill on 500? or was that with third party sponsors?

best prop in the game man, honestly wouldn't care if it meant he stayed with us.. give me a name of 1 or 2 props who plays as consistant as hannant does and goes through the same workload? there arent many if any that do.. maybe there are 1 or 2..

CB35

Waterboy
Reaction score
People are saying that this is another Telecrap article - maybe it is - but at the end of the day Hannant has said he wants to leave the club (for whatever reason).

If Gold Coast or the Broncos had offered him something this year he would be gone.

If the guy puts in 100% when he is with us then good but the fact still remains he doesn't want to be at the dogs - to me whether it is that he is homesick or for money it doesn't matter.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
this is not a question about money or whether Hannant is underpaid... he made a commitment to the club for 3 years on mutually agreed terms and should honour that

"wow, i'm playing better than i thought i would... can i have more money?" give me a f*&%ing break

if the Dogs buy a dud - and there were quite a few between '05-'08 - would the club be justified in telling the player that he was signed for $250,000 a season but he is playing sh*thouse so would he consider taking a $50,000 pay cut
you read my mind

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wasnt sonny bill on 500? or was that with third party sponsors?

best prop in the game man, honestly wouldn't care if it meant he stayed with us.. give me a name of 1 or 2 props who plays as consistant as hannant does and goes through the same workload? there arent many if any that do.. maybe there are 1 or 2..
Pretty sure it was 400k but i could be wrong, i don't think we ever paid anyone that much money, mostly because when we re-signed SBW we still had Mason on a fair chunk of cash, doubt we would've had the money for it.

Hodgson is another one, give me a few of him and armits and that will be just as fine, Asotasi at his peak might've been the only prop worth close to that amount.

Thing is the more i think about this issue, the more this is becoming like the SBW incident. Thing is Hannant just isn't stupid enough to get everyone to hate him because he's not going to do a runner like SBW, but essentially he is aiming for the same goal, mid-season reason due to wanting more money, that's just as bad as dogging your teammates and in a sense worse, because if he succeeds he'll be playing against us unlike SBW who probably won't ever return.

What i don't get is how people can hate SBW and still respect Hannant when he is essentially causing the same kind of disruption. He's just using his brain and thats all, look at it without your googles, he's aiming towards money just as much as SBW did, he's just doing it in a way that makes a lot more people sympathise with him

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I must say...

Gotta LOL at some of the nuffs who give 0 credibility to the Daily Telegraph but give 100% credibility to Hannant just because he wears blue and white.

Take your ****ing goggles off and get a grip. Hannants credibility would be about equal to that of the DT. He has an image to protect and $$$ to cash up on. He won't be respected if he goes on a public rampage about how he wants more money.

That is all. Bring on the Bunnies.
I give Hannant 100% credibility because he said it HIMSELF that he is homesick and is 100% commited to the bulldogs and there is no way he is leaving at the end of this year and will continue to give the dogs 100% commitment if he cant get home. What else does he have to say to you peanuts? Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.