Search results

1. Caveman

Con-Air: The Hayne Plane conned out of hundreds of thousands in the slammer.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/jarryd-hayne-conned-bitcoin-780000-nrl-how-much-cooma-jail-ishan-seenar-sappideen-mike-cannonbrooke/news-story/ccbf79f5053f68c0930253b8797a4acc Reportedly ripped off by inmate for $780,000.
  2. Caveman

Defence and Attack

Defence is somewhat effective until we start waiting back at the 10 and giving up field position. Defending the 10 is not a problem if as a team you anticipate the general direction of opposition attack and form a wall - we don't do that, we allow them to build speed, drift and get us flat...
  3. Caveman

Courageous Dogs

Couldn't be prouder of the boys, week in week out we are getting smashed with injuries whilst simultaneously getting many dubious calls go against us, yet we keep getting in amongst it. Sure we go through small patches in games when we leak a lot of points, but you'll notice they are just that...
  4. Caveman

Thank you Airport Bulldogs

Big shout out to the Bulldogs players who took the time to sign my birthday card today at Sydney airport, I was clearly bewildered when receiving the card from my family, never have I been happier to receive such a gift! From what I can work out Max King, TPJ, Flanno, JAC and Thommo are the 5...
  5. Caveman

Player loans Yes or No

Pretty straightforward, yes or no and why?
  6. Caveman

Public apology banter thread

This thread is explicitly for public apologies of the banter kind. Got a cheeky comment that you want to aim at someone? Send it to them in the form of an apology. I will start. I apologise to @CroydonDog and @maroondog72 and any other of you blokes living in qld that you are a bunch of ugly...
  7. Caveman

Stories, experiences, accidents

Tell us some stories of your younger years, what mischief did you get up to? What relationship dramas did you have? What strife did you get into out on the town? How did you chop off your bosses finger @south of heaven? What accidents have you had at work? What home projects have you...
  8. Caveman

Will the dolphins have a team in 23?

23 days have passed and still not to much news about dolphins signing anyone for 23. Who's available? What kind of team can they assemble? Is it a worry for them that they have no significant signings yet!
  9. Caveman

Friendly avatar wager on tigers game?

Who's up for a wager where losser has to change avatar till bulldogs next win or 4 rounds which ever comes first! Simply pick who's going to win and we will find someone who picked the opposite. OR YOU CAN CALL SOMEONE OUT FROM THE OPPOSITE WAGER!!! It's up to you and your opposite to talk out...
  10. Caveman

How will the comp work in 2023 with 17 teams?

Will it only be 17 teams, or is there a possibility of an 18th team? What does that mean for byes? Will they still have byes for origin and blow out the season? Who gets 2 byes and who gets one bye?
  11. Caveman

BBO

Thoughts?
  12. Caveman

My journey to the NRL bulldogs and Australia - and to be Nasheeds captain in 2023

I posted this as a reply to @Nasheed In his nrl journey thread, but I think it's worthy of its own thread so you can all get behind me. @Nasheed I think I should start my journey to becoming nrl star to bro. But I don't want to set low standards like you. I want to be in the bulldogs first...
  13. Caveman

Trainer to blame for our loss today?

We fell apart the moment that idiot trainer came on and stopped play. If.it was a ploy to get a penalty he should have stopped the game straight away - not 3 tackles later! Regardless up until then we were playing up tempo in your face footy, against the grain, and against the ref's biased...
  14. Caveman

The 6th TPJ thread

For you @El Padrino
  15. Caveman

Revolving song thread

This thread is some what of a game. I will start with a line from a song, the person to figure out the song and artist then posts a line from another song and so on. Hoping to get some stupid songs stuck in your head.. haha Line: "Everybody needs a little time away, I heard her say, from each...
  16. Caveman

Things you found out when you were older?

Tell me the things you found out to be true, or not to be true as you progressed in years. I recently did a DNA test and found out my mother was completely incorrect in telling us kids that we were part aboriginal :( Turns out we are about 55% Irish a bit Scottish, a bit English and a few...
  17. Caveman

CAVEMAN SEXY TIME.

What a great title! - got nothing to do with the thread but who cares! Get your daydreaming hats on folks! Somewhere deep down in Cavemans little brain, there is a dream, where Caveman has a trillion billion dollars!!! Hes gonna set up a breakaway comp. Tell Caveman what you'd like to see...
  18. Caveman

Bikes, Cars, Boats, Toys and hobbies

Tell us what you've got, what you've tried out, what you'd like to try out, where you go, what you like, what you dislike - what's your story!
  19. Caveman

Good call? Bad call? What decisions make or break our club.

Are the bulldogs?????
  20. Caveman

Jack Miller fan club

Don't know if you following the motoGP but our boy Jack Miller is going good. If you get a chance go and watch his last 2 races. And while your at it watch the first practice session of France (the most recent race). Miller used a stunning tactic to try and get one up on his competitors.
  21. Caveman

Life after footy.

I was talking to a bloke at the footy last night who had some insight into the Roosters salary cap / recruitment- retention strategy. He mentioned they run a program called Life After Footy. This is a initiative by Politis where he legally sets his players up for there future. He will organise...
  22. Caveman

Bulldogs war cry

Wouldn't mind seeing our crowds get stuck into somthing like this, with warrior like faces whilst barking. Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Roofff! Then break into a howl
  23. Caveman

Great little video of adam elliots brother

What can I say, it made me smile!
  24. Caveman

Nrl rules and implications

This thread will be dedicated to nrl rules and the ways they influence a game. Looking over the rule book I've found quite a few examples of rules that can be forgotten at times and with the right leadership could influence some reffing results in our game. I mentioned the tap and go in...
  25. Caveman

Markers not square - tap and score!

So often we see markers side by side on a try line with neither marker square in front of the play the ball. I would love to see one of out players simply tap the ball and dive over the try line and score between the two players who are not square. There is no reason the ref should not give a...
  26. Caveman

Rd one tips

Storm v Rabbits Knights v Dogs Broncos v Eels Warriors v Titans Roosters v Eagles Panthers v Cows Raiders v Tigers Dragons v Sharks Rabbits Dogs Eels Warriors Roosters Cows Raiders Sharks
  27. Caveman

Broadcast schedule gives some teams an unfair advantage

Just looking at our free to air games this year, we have 5 free to air games, where as a team like the broncos get 15! How is this fair for the other teams who are trying to grow their fan base but rarely get seen on TV. Clubs should come together and demand fairer broadcast scheduling. I...
  28. Caveman

Mr fix it.... tell us your stories.

So I had bugger all water pressure in my shower at the mental hospital, so I stole a butter knife and ripped the shower head off the wall and puller out the flow restrictor. Now it hits me like a tsunami. Good times
  29. Caveman

CANZUK thoughts?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=SHglo_N7P_Y Don't know how to upload video, so you'll have to click the link, the video is about 13 mins long. This is the first I've heard about CANZUK, and I find it quite an interesting concept. This CANZUK video is about a new alliance with...
  30. Caveman

Riddle me this???

Thread for riddles, conundrums, paradoxes, and all things that just don't seem to make sense. I'll start: A cowboy came riding into town on Thursday, stayed 2 nights, but left town on Friday.... How is this possible?
  31. Caveman

PS5 vs XBOX

Ps5 digital, ps5 standard, xbox series s, xbox series s: Which would you prefer and why?
  32. Caveman

I am shit faced

Anyone else as shit faced as me at the moment?
  33. Caveman

Ivan and Barrett's effect on Penrith.

What's your opinion of Ivan? Do you rate him as a good coach? will his panthers be at the top again next year with out Barrett's influence? And why do you believe what you believe?
  34. Caveman

Bad news for e-cigarette users in australia

The Australian government has put in to place a complete and total ban on importing vaping products that contain nicotine, with the new law coming into effect on July 1st 2020, with fines of up to $200,000 and possible prison time for individuals who attempt to import nicotine from July 1...
  35. Caveman

Name your go-to drink

What's your favourite drink? The drink you appreciate most. The drink you turn to when it's time to unwind after a big day to get you ready for a big day... Doesn't have to be alcoholic could be a type of home made juice, could be one of those gym junkie shakes or just plain old iced water, for...
  36. Caveman

NRL missing out on huge opportunity

What are the NRL doing? AFL has gone nuts in the USA due to the corona virus, yet the NRL just sits on its hands. Why aren't they striking cheap broadcasting deals in the USA while there is no other sport on there at the moment...
  37. Caveman

Opinion Remis Smith @ center

Was watching Remis last week and wasn't to happy with the lines he was picking for his runs. That could be down to finding his feet in the centres. Could also be down to poor service and or crowding by the forwards. He was a good winger, I'd like to see Harper get a run inside him and push...
  38. Caveman

We got any Solicitors on here at all?

Gotta question or 2.
  39. Caveman

$30 NRL live season pass

Hi all, Just thought I'd quickly share this on the eve of the 2019 season kick-off. I found a way to get the season pass (NRL app) for $30 for anyone who may be considering purchasing the live pass but does not want to pay the full $90 or whatever it is. Basically, head across to Telstra and...
  40. Caveman

Refs relationship with Dogs in 2018

Couple quick questions: In light of the raft of changes over the off season is it possible that we may see some changes in the way the refs deal with us as a team? Were we ever really treated differently, or was it a case of "blue and white goggles"? Did Des, Graham or anyone else through...
  41. Caveman

Moneyball ??

Just came across this site. https://moneyball.com.au/#/lobby It looks alright but was wondering if anyone knows a bit more about it. Is it something we could do as a group when the nrl season kicks off? Looks like they are a bulldogs corporate partner to.
  42. Caveman

Hypothetical - Scrap the cap bring in a points system

This is purely a hypothetical topic for discussions sake in the off season Wanting to hear thoughts on a points based salary cap rather then a $ based salary cap allowing clubs to pay players as much as they want so long as their squad only adds up to say 1000 points for each clubs top squad...