Will the dolphins have a team in 23?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
23 days have passed and still not to much news about dolphins signing anyone for 23.

Who's available?

What kind of team can they assemble?

Is it a worry for them that they have no significant signings yet!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will burn in the qld sun, night games and training only.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it'll probably only take 1 or 2 signings before the flood gates open i reckon. but so far it seems like nobody wants to be the first cab off the rank and jump in to a squad with literally no players in it

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I thought Bennett has signed up to coach them. I suspect that once they get a big name player to sign they'll have a few more following up. Reality is that even with the full salary cap vacant, there's a limited amount of quality available at any time. So I think they'll have a few big names on huge money and a lot of depth quality players around them also on more than they deserve.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know some players have been taken off the market but it's still early. I'm sure they'll get a big name or two to break their contracts. Having Bennett will help them attract players. But they'll have to overpay to get them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’d start guys in the local league down here in Illawarra before averillo.
He deserves 2022 to see how he goes with actual FGers around him.

If he doesn't perform then I agree to boot him.

That being said he is still light years ahead of flamingo, who will NEVER improve.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was listening to Dobbo this morning on Triple M. Ok, guys's a bit of a dribbler, but he comes across as a decent bloke and seems to generally have the respect of the footy community in QLD, and his accuracy is better than a lot (ok, that's not saying much either).

The topic came up regarding why haven't the Dolphins signed anyone. He believes that:

- Smith will sign with the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins have either signed a few guys or are deep in negotiations.
- Some players are only just coming back to pre season training with their current clubs and wish to tell bosses/teammates before the official announcements.
- Expect a few signing announcements in the next few days.

it wasn't mentioned, but could Covid be playing a part? Qld borders are opening likely around 12 December (so, under 3 weeks from now), and then players will be able to actually tour facilities, sit down with club management etc?

I think they will be fine TBH.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Smith will sign with the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins have either signed a few guys or are deep in negotiations.
- Some players are only just coming back to pre season training with their current clubs and wish to tell bosses/teammates before the official announcements.
- Expect a few signing announcements in the next few days.
I'll be shocked if Smith isn't a Rooster to be honest. Great pick up for Redcliffe if they do get him though. I wonder who else they've picked up? So far most of the big names off contract have sort of been spoken for, I wonder if Paulo goes up there?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d start guys in the local league down here in Illawarra before averillo.
Biggest issue I saw with Averillo was that he'd go quiet after copping a big hit early on. I think towards season's end he'd toughened up a bit. Hopefully he won't be as much of a target next season with a better pack and Burton being the one they're going to watch. Time will tell though. He deserves to have chances in a better team before he's written off.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest issue I saw with Averillo was that he'd go quiet after copping a big hit early on. I think towards season's end he'd toughened up a bit. Hopefully he won't be as much of a target next season with a better pack and Burton being the one they're going to watch. Time will tell though. He deserves to have chances in a better team before he's written off.
So does flanno. He played in a team of average players.