Will the dolphins have a team in 23?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I thought Bennett has signed up to coach them. I suspect that once they get a big name player to sign they'll have a few more following up. Reality is that even with the full salary cap vacant, there's a limited amount of quality available at any time. So I think they'll have a few big names on huge money and a lot of depth quality players around them also on more than they deserve.
They should have a fair few Q Cup who will surprise as well tho..

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another Queensland team don’t really mind. Hope they get the spoon and we can hand them a flanno if they like? Nappies to should be a good fit.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So does flanno. He played in a team of average players.
While he's contracted for us I'm guessing he'll get a chance at some point. I'm among the handful here that even thought Lewis had strong aspects of his game. So I can look beyond a player's worst moments. It's hopefully going to be a better year for the whole team. With luck the addition of a few good forwards, three outside backs that have the ability to break a game open and a half with a running game and a long kicking game that is close to the best in the nrl will take pressure off plenty of others.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
after Mahoney , if cheese walks to Roosters, hence why this back and forth is taking place.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly dngaf if they do or don't but likely will formulate a decent team with old "coots" Bennett in charge.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest issue I saw with Averillo was that he'd go quiet after copping a big hit early on. I think towards season's end he'd toughened up a bit. Hopefully he won't be as much of a target next season with a better pack and Burton being the one they're going to watch. Time will tell though. He deserves to have chances in a better team before he's written off.
U r spot on in your assessment of him like most of us I watched many of our games last year,he would produce the odd magic touch,and then would disappear,defensively he is a problem,but hopefully with some decent players around him he can go to another level.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wild speculation as to how much his contract is worth ?

Reactions: jof

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad signing, but hardly a marquee one to kick things off.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Allan would be a good buy for Wayne, he brought him down from the Broncos and had him playing pretty well when Mitchell was unavailable. Does mean though that we will likely have to put up with him next year

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the apparent reports of cheese asking Burton I'd he was still going to the Dogs?

I might be way off the money here but it's possible cheese will not sign to a team that doesn't look like it will be successful.. thoughts?