Things you found out when you were older?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me the things you found out to be true, or not to be true as you progressed in years.

I recently did a DNA test and found out my mother was completely incorrect in telling us kids that we were part aboriginal :(

Turns out we are about 55% Irish a bit Scottish, a bit English and a few other bits and bobs.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell me the things you found out to be true, or not to be true as you progressed in years.

I recently did a DNA test and found out my mother was completely incorrect in telling us kids that we were part aboriginal :(

Turns out we are about 55% Irish a bit Scottish, a bit English and a few other bits and bobs.
I knew nothing about the stolen generations of aboriginal kids. In the 1950s and 60s such things were kept secret. That was a shock to learn.
I also realised that goofing off at school had repercussions later in life, which meant going back and learning all over again to make something of myself.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Copping the brunt of the battlers and frustrated is fucked.
Everyone is an expert in hindsight

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Nasheed here,
I vividly remember questioning that you were aboriginal!
Had my doubts.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I learnt that ice was not good for you and is actually quite bad. Lucky I came across the YouTube doco in April.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Life is one continuous exercise in learning.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Raised catholic, schooled catholic, lived catholic, I found out religion is complete and utter bullshit.
Gee you really can’t help yourself but have a go at the church any chance you get. Quite sad really. I’ll pray for you.

Oh, and FYI, that’s not something you learned, that’s a decision you made, and in time you’ll know that it was the wrong decision.

Peace be with you, and have a blessed Sunday.