Things you found out when you were older?

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I only recently found out, that these days a unicorn is not a horse with a horn on its forehead. :tearsofjoy:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because your outnumbered sometimes doesn't make it right, self belief is a strong factor and you are only ever beat when you say it to yourself.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee you really can’t help yourself but have a go at the church any chance you get. Quite sad really. I’ll pray for you.

Oh, and FYI, that’s not something you learned, that’s a decision you made, and in time you’ll know that it was the wrong decision.

Peace be with you, and have a blessed Sunday.
I had faith and found it baseless, I sampled catholic and found it baseless, nothing personal, I'm just answering the thread title.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being an Adult sux, I miss the days of only having to worry about my next exam/assignment!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I had faith and found it baseless, I sampled catholic and found it baseless, nothing personal, I'm just answering the thread title.
just seems like its always top of your mind.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You said you were raised, schooled, and lived it. It doesn't look like the "sample" was of your choosing. Unsurprisingly, those who are walking away from the Church are those who were raised, baptised etc... by their parents and what have you because they are trying to look at the church in an objectional way without realising what they are doing is wrong.

That is why I will be praying for you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tell me the things you found out to be true, or not to be true as you progressed in years.

I recently did a DNA test and found out my mother was completely incorrect in telling us kids that we were part aboriginal :(

Turns out we are about 55% Irish a bit Scottish, a bit English and a few other bits and bobs.
It doesn’t usually come up on most of the commonly used consumer DNA tests. Was there any indian or countries around there?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn’t usually come up on most of the commonly used consumer DNA tests. Was there any indian or countries around there?
We used ancestory- I'd have to ask my wife where the results are and I'll get back to you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We used ancestory- I'd have to ask my wife where the results are and I'll get back to you.
Sounds good. I know people in NT mobs who are unmistakably indigenous that came up Indian, Indonesian etc with myheritage and ancestry DNA kits

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said you were raised, schooled, and lived it. It doesn't look like the "sample" was of your choosing. Unsurprisingly, those who are walking away from the Church are those who were raised, baptised etc... by their parents and what have you because they are trying to look at the church in an objectional way without realising what they are doing is wrong.

That is why I will be praying for you.
You judge people and their actions based on your experiences with the church without once trying to understand their experiences with it. That makes you ignorant, narrow minded and utterly incapable of empathy. It also makes you entirely christian. Pray for me if you like, it will make no difference to either of us.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You judge people and their actions based on your experiences with the church without once trying to understand their experiences with it. That makes you ignorant, narrow minded and utterly incapable of empathy. It also makes you entirely christian. Pray for me if you like, it will make no difference to either of us.
I am not judging anyone, I'm calling it as it is. There is only one judge, and that is God.

As for people and their experiences, it's their experience with 'a' particular church or Priest, not 'the' Church as a whole. I trust you're smart enough to see the difference.

As for empathy, you cannot see what people like Israel Folau are trying to do. Israel loves you, he loves me, he loves everyone equally, and this love is driving him to try and keep people like you from eternal damnation. He is NOT being a fun police or trying to stop people from enjoying themselves, he's simply trying to get people to do what he believes is morally correct. If people don't agree with him, that's their decision to make, but critisizing him because he's showing how much he cares for them is beyond empathy, it's actually pathetic - on their behalf.

I have empathy, but I know when and when not to use it.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never trust your dog to guard the Sunday roast.
Never play cards with a man called Doc.
When a conspiracytard says something like, "I can't say too much now..." means he has run out of material and never had anything in the first place.
(20+ years in media has taught me this)
NEVER send your kids to a church-run school as they all too often have more than one pedophile in them.
No matter how much she/he begs for it, NEVER stick your dick into crazy!
Far too many kennelers are nonperforming experts who haven't a clue about coaching, playing, or managing a league team.
(Played and coached Rugby and League from minnies to seniours and have the bruises both physical and emotional to prove it)
NEVER, EVER have a God botherer in a decision-making position that affects other people's lives...

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Never trust your dog to guard the Sunday roast.
Never play cards with a man called Doc.
When a conspiracytard says something like, "I can't say too much now..." means he has run out of material and never had anything in the first place.
(20+ years in media has taught me this)
NEVER send your kids to a church-run school as they all too often have more than one pedophile in them.
No matter how much she/he begs for it, NEVER stick your dick into crazy!
Far too many kennelers are nonperforming experts who haven't a clue about coaching, playing, or managing a league team.
(Played and coached Rugby and League from minnies to seniours and have the bruises both physical and emotional to prove it)
Great post!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not judging anyone, I'm calling it as it is. There is only one judge, and that is God.

As for people and their experiences, it's their experience with 'a' particular church or Priest, not 'the' Church as a whole. I trust you're smart enough to see the difference.

As for empathy, you cannot see what people like Israel Folau are trying to do. Israel loves you, he loves me, he loves everyone equally, and this love is driving him to try and keep people like you from eternal damnation. He is NOT being a fun police or trying to stop people from enjoying themselves, he's simply trying to get people to do what he believes is morally correct. If people don't agree with him, that's their decision to make, but critisizing him because he's showing how much he cares for them is beyond empathy, it's actually pathetic - on their behalf.

I have empathy, but I know when and when not to use it.
Within 3 lines of saying you don't judge anyone you have judged me to be heading to eternal damnation. You simply do not think as you post as your belief you are righteous is so indoctrinated you cannot see where you are wrong. And again that makes you ignorant and a zealot as your beliefs outweigh rational thought.

Folau is interested in the pursuit of money, that's why he sues everyone that disagrees with him, that's why he's hitched his wagon to Australia's most prolific litigator in that bulging tub of pus Clive Palmer. I mean seriously, Israel Folau stated god was punishing Australia for passing same sex marriage legislation, loves everyone, lol FMD. You are seriously deluded.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Within 3 lines of saying you don't judge anyone you have judged me to be heading to eternal damnation. You simply do not think as you post as your belief you are righteous is so indoctrinated you cannot see where you are wrong. And again that makes you ignorant and a zealot as your beliefs outweigh rational thought.

Folau is interested in the pursuit of money, that's why he sues everyone that disagrees with him, that's why he's hitched his wagon to Australia's most prolific litigator in that bulging tub of pus Clive Palmer. I mean seriously, Israel Folau stated god was punishing Australia for passing same sex marriage legislation, loves everyone, lol FMD. You are seriously deluded.
I'm not judging you, I'm saying that is what I fear awaits you based on my beliefs. If I call you a coward, an ignorant fool, a sinner etc... (not that I am), then that would be me judging you. You calling me ignorant and a zealot however, that's you judging me. Sadly, I'm not surprised by this.

As for Folau, I agree that he shouldn't have asked Australians for money via gofundme, however I agree with the principal of his which was unfair dismissal. He was trying to make a point though in doing so by fighting for his religion freedom.

I also do not agree with his sentiment on Australians being punished for passing the SSM vote, but I agree him on the bigger picture of what awaits many if they chose not to believe.