Opinion Remis Smith @ center

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was watching Remis last week and wasn't to happy with the lines he was picking for his runs.

That could be down to finding his feet in the centres. Could also be down to poor service and or crowding by the forwards.

He was a good winger, I'd like to see Harper get a run inside him and push him back out to the wing.

Does anybody know why he wanted to push into the centres?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was watching Remis last week and wasn't to happy with the lines he was picking for his runs.

That could be down to finding his feet in the centres. Could also be down to poor service and or crowding by the forwards.

He was a good winger, I'd like to see Harper get a run inside him and push him back out to the wing.

Probably more moula when contract renewal is due

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it was either to get Okunbor on the field (who's behind Reimis and Meaney on the wing - this is before the recent drama obviously) or we're going to be looking for a winger on the market for 2021 (or 2020 mid season) so we might as well move Reimis now to give him a year at centre under his belt before 2021. Any other reason I don't really like. Even the first one I've said I wasn't with, I had Harper in my team right up until round one.

I think we have to give Reimis more then one round before we criticise the move too much. Currently he's a better winger than centre.

I don't think players should dictate where they play (as they're most likely going to want to play the position that offers the most amount of money) and instead the coach should make sure players are in their best positions as well as what's best for the team otherwise we're going to run into problems in the future (e.g. Lomax and Dragons).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree, I also don't think Smith is suited for the centres at all and is much more effective on the wing. Harper or Averillo should be at centre with Reimis on the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A few of us said he is far more suited to the wing and yes it's only one game at centre but I still absolutely feel that way.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah he’s definitely a wing man.!!! :tonguewink::tonguewink:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put him back to the wing and play averilo in the centres.

The club rate him more than Harper

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re not the only person who feels this way.
I suspect he wants to player centre because the position carries with it a larger salary.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Averillo to FB... DWZ to centre.. Smith to wing... That's how I see it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup, could live with that.
Honestly if Averillo works out at FB and Katoa gets some attack out of dummy half during his stint the rest of the team will surely feed off it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think tall fast wingers are worth their weight in gold. And remis was doing a great job on the wing. Not sure what prompted the move to centre. It will be a work in process thing for sure.

his biggest issue at centre will be getting decent ball to your winger. Poor Meaney I only noticed he was playing in the 63rd min. Had no idea he was on at all. As a winger smith was making 120+ meters every game and scoring on average every second game. If the club and him want to persist with centre I guess we can weight up where he is at the end of the season.

but the kid has shown amazing potential as a first grader. Hope he can continue his development what ever position he ends up playing.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t latrell knock us back because zalezniak was our long term fullback? Not too sure how accurate that is. But I can’t see pay ever dropping him if that was the case.

I don’t want to sound like a hater. But I always said DWZ doesn’t have the skill to be a top line fullback. Kid has a huge heart and brings the ball back with more recklessness then any forward. But just can’t see him being a spine player. There was a reason he never nailed down the fullback spot at the panthers.

Decent player and runs great lines. And great stop gap fullback. But hope we don’t miss out on better options with the view he will be a game changer for us.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Buckley's chance of it happening, but still an enticing idea.

Averillo had some silky touches on the weekend. We haven't had a fullback with speed and ball-playing / decision-making ability since 2012.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wasn't good in the trials and was ok against Parra. I wish he went onto the wing so we can play Harper.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it was either to get Okunbor on the field (who's behind Reimis and Meaney on the wing - this is before the recent drama obviously) or we're going to be looking for a winger on the market for 2021 (or 2020 mid season) so we might as well move Reimis now to give him a year at centre under his belt before 2021. Any other reason I don't really like. Even the first one I've said I wasn't with, I had Harper in my team right up until round one.

I think we have to give Reimis more then one round before we criticise the move too much. Currently he's a better winger than centre.

I don't think players should dictate where they play (as they're most likely going to want to play the position that offers the most amount of money) and instead the coach should make sure players are in their best positions as well as what's best for the team otherwise we're going to run into problems in the future (e.g. Lomax and Dragons).
Definitely had the same feeling that they Pay really wanted to get okunbor into the side.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe a stint will only benefit him defensively when he eventually moves back to wing.... he will understand the game at (first grade level) what a centres defensive decisions are, this will only assist him when he slots back to wing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buckley's chance of it happening, but still an enticing idea.

Averillo had some silky touches on the weekend. We haven't had a fullback with speed and ball-playing / decision-making ability since 2012.
Mentioned it after I saw him play the last 10mins in one of the trials at Fb and was electric and even on the wing was great in going back for the ball. His late silky ball skills on the weekend topped it off for me.

Would love to see Wakeham, Lewis and Averillo as the spine for the future but damn we need a hooker..