NRL missing out on huge opportunity

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL sold the international rights to Fox in the last deal so they can’t do anything with them.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is three live each week in us. They will probably show more now as content is drying up.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact that Fox haven't struck a deal to allow ESPN to also broadcast games internationally is the most petty and selfish thing they could have done.

The code needs every cent they could get right now and as much exposure during this time and Fox still are dragging their feet.

Murdoch and Fox are greedy scum, so this doesn't surprise me. It's the pussies at the NRL that don't demand Fox sign off on it right away otherwise the NRL will refuse to let them get any games in the next TV rights deals.

If Fox didn't have League, they'd finally die and they're close enough to it as it is. The NRL need to show some balls for once and not be at the mercy of Nine and Fox constantly. It should be the other way around.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact that Fox haven't struck a deal to allow ESPN to also broadcast games internationally is the most petty and selfish thing they could have done.

The code needs every cent they could get right now and as much exposure during this time and Fox still are dragging their feet.

Murdoch and Fox are greedy scum, so this doesn't surprise me. It's the pussies at the NRL that don't demand Fox sign off on it right away otherwise the NRL will refuse to let them get any games in the next TV rights deals.

If Fox didn't have League, they'd finally die and they're close enough to it as it is. The NRL need to show some balls for once and not be at the mercy of Nine and Fox constantly. It should be the other way around.
Murdoch wouldn't be keen for league to gain an international following for fear it would result in competition for broadcast rights.

I don't think it would take much financial incentive to keep the NRL administration in Murdoch's pocket.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL did have a rainy day fund, but they handed it all back to the clubs.
Now it's pissing down.
Unless they get bailed out by government the NRL will be bankrupt in 3 months.
Sooner if the competition is shut down.
But we all kniw the NRL is a corrupt awfully managed organization.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Murdoch wouldn't be keen for league to gain an international following for fear it would result in competition for broadcast rights.

I don't think it would take much financial incentive to keep the NRL administration in Murdoch's pocket.
As it stands the NRL should tell Fox to wither and die while they split the rights between 7, 9 and 10. The NRL will get the same, if not more money and more exposure.

The NRL should never deal with Fox again after this petty and selfish act. But we all know they'll fuck the rights deal again and sell it for cents on the dollar like the last several rights deals before even exploring their options and setting up a bidding war.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are the NRL doing?

AFL has gone nuts in the USA due to the corona virus, yet the NRL just sits on its hands.

Why aren't they striking cheap broadcasting deals in the USA while there is no other sport on there at the moment.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...k/news-story/f4195404a950acc8f8763cd0661f6661
Fox are reporting that Americans are also tuning into NRL as well, so which report do you want to believe?? I agree though, in an international climate of no sport, the NRL and AFL should be going all out to promote their code all over the world!!!!!
In other news, i having heard a word on whats happened to Super Rugby??!!! Thanks for your feedback Grimmace!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It would be a lot of work for something that may not last very long the way it's going. We still don't know if round 3 will proceed yet (government is talking about banning all non essential travel inside the country now)

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't seen that report by fox... Let's hope they do go down a gear and ramp up the publicity of our game.
Fox are reporting that Americans are also tuning into NRL as well, so which report do you want to believe?? I agree though, in an international climate of no sport, the NRL and AFL should be going all out to promote their code all over the world!!!!!
In other news, i having heard a word on whats happened to Super Rugby??!!! Thanks for your feedback Grimmace!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hadn't seen that report by fox... Let's hope they do go down a gear and ramp up the publicity of our game.
Yup, like the way you think !!!