Search results

1. G

The Melbourne Storm stole us

"I don't comment much nowadays"... that will do me.
  2. G

Official Tim Sheens Goooone

I heard South's are looking at him as a replacement for John Morris.
  3. G

News Bulldogs Set to Secure Blake Taaffe

Perham is on a minimum contract so he would be ideal to hang on to as their is no saving in getting rid of him.
  4. G

No Source Alamoti

The talk is he wants to move into Lock anyway. Him and Karl might be fighting it out in years to come.
  5. G

Opinion Should we still chase Jayden Sullivan ?

No point anymore now that we have Sexton. Sexton might not be the answer but we have to give him a chance to prove himself and Sullivan won't come if he's not guaranteed a spot. Sullivan doesn't complement Burton anyway but would have taken him at the beginning if the year when we were trying.
  6. G

Leigh Leopards going to Wembly

It's like the FA Cup in soccer.
  7. G

SMH Luai

I can see us getting him to play half back. We love getting players and playing them out of position.
  8. G

100% Footy - Luke Brooks

I don't think Brooks fits otherwise what was the point of Oloapu? Oloapu is obviously in the long term plans which is why Hunt would be perfect but getting Brooks means there was no point getting Oloapu.
  9. G

Rumour Ball playing 13

I heard the Tigers were looking at him but they do seem to look at everyone.
  10. G

Josh Mansour at Belmore

He is only half Lebanese despite what everyone thinks.
  11. G

Moses/Doueihi rumours in full throttle

Apparently the Douehi rumour is about him playing fullback for us.
  12. G

Gould responds to Josh Reynolds reunion 'rumour'

I think he would be great in NSW Cup. An experienced first grader playing with some up and comers just like the old days!
  13. G

Bulldogs line up former Tigers general manager to work alongside Gould

Former Wests Tigers general manager Adam Hartigan is being lined up for an NRL return to help Phil Gould’s rebuild at the Bulldogs. Hartigan, who controversially split with the Tigers after Tim Sheens returned from the United Kingdon to take up a role as director of football at the joint...
  14. G

Rumour Josh Reynolds

The media will love this. "Favourite son returns" and "well done Bulldogs".
  15. G

Any news on Coach for next year - anyone?

I think you are right but thought I would share anyway. He was pretty adamant.
  16. G

Any news on Coach for next year - anyone?

I'm at a sportsmans lunch in Putney and Richard Callander is telling everyone that Ciraldo is in with Madge and Potter as assistants. Apparently Brad Arthur was the back up if Ciraldo declined. Paul Langmack is here and said he knew nothing about it when Richard brought it up with him.
  17. G

Opinion Brad Arthur

Rumour is that the Saints are looking at him.
  18. G

News Team of the Century announcement

I don't remember getting a poll for this at all so was surprised when I saw it.
  19. G

News Team of the Century announcement

Thought this may interest some here. The criteria was you had to be a local junior player and have played 100 first grade games.
  20. G

News Super League clubs circle former State of Origin star Corey Allan

To be fair he has been injured most of this year.
  21. G

New Pathways Coach

Could be a good move. Tigers have never had issued producing good Juniors, only keeping them.
  22. G

News Why blank cheque from Bulldogs couldn't cure Bateman's homesick blues

No, we need to focus on a hooker or halfback.
  23. G

Who Do You think is the Best Goal Kicker Ever?

It's not even a competition - Halligan. Goalkicking was a nice-to-have and guys just used to practice a bit after training until Halligan. He spent more time and effort perfecting the kicking. Without him there is no El Masri.
  24. G

Rumour Pearce to the dogs

It's all to do with the price and his expected role. We have done this in the past with Kimmorley and Ricky Stuart. It was the reason we were looking at Shaun Johnson also.
  25. G

Official Matt Dufty signs with the Bulldogs for season 2022

You have to look at this from a salary cap management point of view. We have moved on DWZ but still paying a portion of his salary next year. I think you will find the portion of DWZ's salary plus Dufty's salary combines will still be less than if we had kept DWZ. We have freed up a bit of...
  26. G

Opinion Leadership - Why are the Bulldogs treated differently

They have the bye this week so they are actually being stood down over 3 weeks which is 4 players per game.
  27. G

Rumour Chasing Matterson?

That's what I thought! I was getting confused by everyone mentioning him as a Napa replacement.
  28. G

Official Canterbury Bulldogs CEO: Aaron Warburton named new chief executive of NRL club

There was talk of Peter Sharp joining a couple of days ago so I wonder if it was for Football Manager?
  29. G

News Cameron McInnes’ future at St George Illawarra is looking increasingly shaky

Yeah, this has really screwed the Dragons.
  30. G

News 4 raiders sacked due to glassing cover up

I agree. They shouldn't let any club sign a player for 12 months if they have been sacked.
  31. G

Sign of ado carr early release?

No, Who's on first. What's on second.
  32. G

Is Barrett our greatest ever coach in the NRL era?

Great thread. On an unrelated note, what is the dumbest thread created on the kennel?
  33. G

News The forgotten players: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

He was an incredible player that steamrolled through everyone but just kept getting injured!
  34. G

I am shit faced

Big man. Let's tell everyone how much we have had to drink.
  35. G

Opinion Should we throw 300k at James Roberts..or have injuries ruined him??

I tend to agree with you. Who knows what may come up.
  36. G

'Simmering tensions': Bulldogs players' group unhappy after club tells departing stars to 'clean out their lockers'

Exactly right. What's the big rush? Are the lockers desperately needed for all the new signings that are coming in on Monday?
  37. G

Other News Source Lafai oil

Lol, I love this!
  38. G

A game. Who are the halfbacks YOU want?

This would make a good thread - pick a team full of coke heads.
  39. G

Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

I believe he was signed for $250k which helps me feel much better about this signing.
  40. G

Social Media Josh addo car down to 2 horse race

Happy to miss out on him. Don't need another winger at that price. Where is the upside with him? Money can be spent in better ways.
  41. G

MEMBERS TO PICK THE TEAM VIA WEEKLY SURVEY

Maybe members should be allowed to vote on who is able to start a thread...
  42. G

Shed DWZ for JAC ?

JAC wants to play fullback now so this wouldn't work even if we could get rid of DWZ.
  43. G

No Source Elliot will extend

I agree with you 100%
  44. G

Kotoni staggs

Holland on $550k? He must wake up laughing every morning.
  45. G

FORAN MIA

What we need is a capable partner for Foran. He can go MIA at times during the game but overall he was one of our best and we need someone that can take some of the pressure off him and step up at different times during the game to keep the opposition guessing.
  46. G

Nathan Cleary overated

Mate, I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the game!
  47. G

Bulldogs Re-sign Lachlan Lewis for 2 years.

Interesting how the press release refers to him as a halfback and not a five-eighth or half.
  48. G

Cogger and Meaney

They might have a few halves yet Cogger is the one playing First Grade. If they thought these halves were on par with Cooger there is no way they would be giving First Grade experience to a player that is leaving.
  49. G

Yesterday's Hero: Darren Smith

Let's do his brother next.
  50. G

2018 Trial V Raiders (Legal Stream link in first post)

That is crazy pricing for a trial especially away from home. Why wouldnt they do $5 for everyone and pack the ground out rather than an empty ground for a nothing game?
  51. G

Favourite game in the season so far?

Its the Manly game for me. Really introduced the "new" Bulldogs to the competition!
  52. G

Central Coast Sharks

As sad as losing a club is, its a great opportunity for the NRL to have one less club in Sydney and expand the game somewhere else withour worrying about having enough players or money. Go the CC Bears!
  53. G

BULLDOGS 2009/2010 Player Contracts, Signings & Rumour Mill

We at least need another prop and winger for next year.
  54. G

BULLDOGS 2009/2010 Player Contracts, Signings & Rumour Mill

I think you'll find that what they do is average their salary over the term of the contract and the frontloading is only reflected in the contract. Something along the lines of the contract saying $400k for the first year and $100k for years 2 and 3 however salary to be paid in equal monthly...
  55. G

Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Hopefully we get him! Thanks for the info bigbird!
  56. G

30 rock

This is a great show! Channel 7 were showing it late at night which is how I got into it!
  57. G

5/8?

I think whoever does get chosen will perform a lot better than last year. Holdsworth and Roberts are both 5/8's and will benefit from playing in their preferred position with a real halfback. Groom will also benefit from playing with Kimmorley and learning to play halfback from a halfback...
  58. G

All change at Bulldogs as new coach looks to restore bite

I noticed exactly the same thing. If Kimmorley starts to feel the heat of these 2 guys then ill be really worried!
  59. G

Dogs to Adelaide?

I have no problem with one or two games being played there every year. Its not a new concept, we've done QLD and NZ in the past so whats the difference?
  60. G

Nasty Nasser on Ch9 News

Khoder came across as a complete idiot. The attack on Geyer was unnecessary and really made him sound like a little kid defending himself by insulting others.
  61. G

bulldogs hit rock bottom.

Does Phil think that maybe losing your starting frontrowers and halfback from last year might have impacted on our performance this year? No? Maybe having the highest injury list of the NRL? Maybe playing a million dollar under the cap? No his right - its just that we arent defending properly...
  62. G

Using Ben Barba 'may be unavoidable'

Funny how he said that Reni is committed and a good honest bloke which is why they didnt want to release him earlier this year. So does that mean that the other person who got released wasnt committed or a good and honest bloke? Maybe im reading too much into it.
  63. G

New tricks for old Bulldog Steve Folkes

It doesnt matter if the players we have out are Origin players or not. The point is that you take the 10 best players out of any club and you will struggle. Origin or not they are still the best players you have available.
  64. G

What Made You Choose Canterbury As The Team You Support?

Before the 1988 grand final I didnt really follow any team, however I remember going to a friends place during the grand final and the whole family was supporting Balmain. Being the **** stirrer that I am, I started cheering on the Dogs. Watching them all get so upset when Terry Lamb knocked out...
  65. G

Folkes won't walk away

Loyalty needs to go both ways. Folkes has a contract and deserves to see out his time. If SBW cant leave midway through a contract why should someone who has given the club great service over 30 years have his contract torn? If you expect players to see out contracts you need to set the example.
  66. G

Euro 2008 QF Portugal vs Germany

Portugal all the way!
  67. G

Off-contract players in 2008

I think Cleal has been a revelation since coming to the Dogs. Shame about the injuries.
  68. G

Ennis next in line

there is some talk of Ryan Hoffman in the Herald today.
  69. G

Any news on Kimmorley?

Noddy may be past his best however, we need a halfback and he is still one of the better halfbacks in the competition!
  70. G

Bulldogs home crowds.

thats a great effort, especially considering the amount of 5:30 Saturday games we've had!
  71. G

JEFF LIMA meeting to day at homebush 30.4 08

its amazing how many times Lima has signed in the last few days. He must have a cramp from signing his name on the 6 or so contracts that he has signed with us!
  72. G

Daniel Holdsworthless

The problem is that there is nobody to replace him with. Groom has only just come back from injury so you cant really throw him straight into first grade. He needs a couple of games to prove himself. Mind you as long as he can catch and pass it shouldnt be too hard for him to be promoted!
  73. G

Reni Maitua (~~Poll Included~~)

As long as he wants to stay, keep him!
  74. G

Only The Best Will Do For The Bulldogs

Its not all doom and gloom if Moore gets appointed! Neil Henry is only in his second season, Craig Bellamy was an assistant before Melbourne, Cartwright from the Titans was an assistant before joining them, Stuart was coaching in our lower grades before the Roosters took him, Fittler was...
  75. G

Ben Roberts lifts game to new levels after sessions with league legend

You mean imagine if we had a halfback?
  76. G

Maitua sounds out Queensland

I will be upset if he goes as he can be a star player on his day, however if he needs to get away from Sydney to sort himself out then thats what he should do. He needs to think about his long term career because if he keeps going with all his infractions no club will want him or he'll end up...