Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If Holdsworth is only good as a five eighth, then either use him as a five eighth or drop him to PL..

Seriously, all this talk about being slack to Holdsworth - I am not one to insult the poor fella.

But the truth is the Bulldogs are not a charity case - if nobody is willing to give Hazem a go and are willing to drop him already, then Holdsworth deserves nothing more of the sympathy Hazem gets.

We bought Holdsworth on the condition that he would improve. He has had his opportunities and hasnt performed. So Folkes, if you cant use him properly then get rid of him. Halves are the crux of your game. Without them they will cost you matches, there is no denying it.

W

Winitastic

Well I think Holdsworth is the worse Halfback in the NRL, that may seem abit harsh but he has been playing very poorly. When we first got him in 2006, I thought we had a pretty good player on our hands, he really took over Anasta well. But last year he really dropped of. He played PL last year, and man was he Sh!!. I think he is an average six, I have know idea why Folkes ever thought he could play halfback. The only reason he is still playing is that we have no one else, give him two more weeks untill he is dropped for Groom.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I think Holdsworth is the worse Halfback in the NRL, that may seem abit harsh but he has been playing very poorly. When we first got him in 2006, I thought we had a pretty good player on our hands, he really took over Anasta well. But last year he really dropped of. He played PL last year, and man was he Sh!!. I think he is an average six, I have know idea why Folkes ever thought he could play halfback. The only reason he is still playing is that we have no one else, give him two more weeks untill he is dropped for Groom.
Theres no denying he is the worst halfback in the NRL. Maybe not the worst 5 8th, but definitely the worst halfback.

A

A_C

If Holdsworth is only good as a five eighth, then either use him as a five eighth or drop him to PL..

Seriously, all this talk about being slack to Holdsworth - I am not one to insult the poor fella.

But the truth is the Bulldogs are not a charity case - if nobody is willing to give Hazem a go and are willing to drop him already, then Holdsworth deserves nothing more of the sympathy Hazem gets.

We bought Holdsworth on the condition that he would improve. He has had his opportunities and hasnt performed. So Folkes, if you cant use him properly then get rid of him. Halves are the crux of your game. Without them they will cost you matches, there is no denying it.
When I spoke about being harsh to holdsworth - i didn't mean DON'T drop him. I am all for dropping him as he is useless at halfback - this i have stated plenty of times.

I think hazem should be dropped but do you see me resorting to petty name calling (not say it was you) but that is the extent some people go to.

VB

XXXX
Reaction score
Holdsworth is not a 1st Grader Period.
In 2006 semi Wayne Bennett stated - Holdsworth is the bulldogs weakest link. He was right then and still is.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I spoke about being harsh to holdsworth - i didn't mean DON'T drop him. I am all for dropping him as he is useless at halfback - this i have stated plenty of times.

I think hazem should be dropped but do you see me resorting to petty name calling (not say it was you) but that is the extent some people go to.
I agree...if he gets dropped than so be it...but theres no point bagging the crap out of the guy....he does play for doggies!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah i agree with you, and i wasnt referring to you either tbh ;)

W

Winitastic

In 2006 semi Wayne Bennett stated - Holdsworth is the bulldogs weakest link. He was right then and still is.
The reason coaches would think that about Holdsworth is that he doesn't have any flair, so they don't have to worry about him. Everyone just knows what he is going to do.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But we were going well until Holdsworth came off injured?

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
The problem is that there is nobody to replace him with. Groom has only just come back from injury so you cant really throw him straight into first grade. He needs a couple of games to prove himself. Mind you as long as he can catch and pass it shouldnt be too hard for him to be promoted!

W

Winitastic

The problem is that there is nobody to replace him with. Groom has only just come back from injury so you cant really throw him straight into first grade. He needs a couple of games to prove himself. Mind you as long as he can catch and pass it shouldnt be too hard for him to be promoted!
Haha Good call GP.

VB

XXXX
Reaction score
If Groom was asked if he was ready for 1st grade? what does he think about being thrown into the deep end? ...His answer would be F@#K YEAH BRING IT!

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rd 20 coz it sounded like a nice round number hahaha . 5 rounds is nothing he needs a lot more time to adjust to his new role and seriously groom is not yet ready for FG , if we rush him in to fill a hole he may be turn into a lost cause .
Groom is 20, he was doing well in NSW Cup, by contrast Holdsworth has done nothing, even a Harold Matthews HB playing FG would do better than him

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we were going well until Holdsworth came off injured?
Ye but i don't think Holdsworth being there would've changed anything, we were going well until the halftime break.

Holdsworth went off after the Asotasi try, Utai's try came after that

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ye but i don't think Holdsworth being there would've changed anything, we were going well until the halftime break.

Holdsworth went off after the Asotasi try, Utai's try came after that
dude Holdsworth was great in that game...he got injured...went of and from that point on we were sh1te!...we all know how you feel about DJ so move on man...it's not good for your health!

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude Holdsworth was great in that game...he got injured...went of and from that point on we were sh1te!...we all know how you feel about DJ so move on man...it's not good for your health!
Rewatch it..

We equalised at 6-6...

Holdsworth comes off due to injury, Roberts shifts to 5/8

We then went up with Mason offloading to Sherwin to make it 12-6

El Masri kicked a penalty goal making it 14-6

Utai then did his trademark over Darius Boyd to make it 18-6

El Masri converts and we are up 20-6..

Roberts nails a 40/20 and we are consistently on the attack

HT comes and we all know what happens when the 'Dogs come out

Holdsworth would not have got us across that line, he is a support player, off SBW, and Asotasi and etc..but he is by no stretch imaginative nor creative..

He has shown himself in 2007 to be utterly worthless, and Folkes being a no-brainer persists with him

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
Rewatch it..

We equalised at 6-6...

Holdsworth comes off due to injury, Roberts shifts to 5/8

We then went up with Mason offloading to Sherwin to make it 12-6

El Masri kicked a penalty goal making it 14-6

Utai then did his trademark over Darius Boyd to make it 18-6

El Masri converts and we are up 20-6..

Roberts nails a 40/20 and we are consistently on the attack

HT comes and we all know what happens when the 'Dogs come out

Holdsworth would not have got us across that line, he is a support player, off SBW, and Asotasi and etc..but he is by no stretch imaginative nor creative..

He has shown himself in 2007 to be utterly worthless, and Folkes being a no-brainer persists with him
dj came off at half time. roberts played the game at centre then switched to 5/8.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dj came off at half time. roberts played the game at centre then switched to 5/8.
I'm pretty sure Holdsworth came off as soon as he got his injury..

He had a broken ankle or something similar, he was NOT gonna last any longer on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.