Search results

1. gazza

News ‘Young and dumb’: Xerri opens up on drugs ban and plan to ‘prove everyone wrong’ in NRL return

At least he will be motivated, unlike some of the duds who came for the money and left their ticker at home.
  2. gazza

News NRL 2023: Why Canterbury Bulldogs must let players leave to fix toxic culture

Bring back Billy Johnston! He will get them fit and put fear into anyone slacking off in games. Just ask Terry Lamb what happened when he pulled out of playing in a game when feeling a bit off.
  3. gazza

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

Manly players are laughing their heads off
  4. gazza

I have never seen the dogs so bad
  5. gazza

Can't believe it. Lost on tackle 1 again
  6. gazza

Mahoney doing something stupid when we have the penalty
  7. gazza

Ciraldo can't survive surely
  8. gazza

Instead of helping to hold up the Manly player over the line, Kikau jumped on his own player to help the Manly paler score.
  9. gazza

Every player has gone backwards under Ciraldo
  10. gazza

There is no excuse for being this bad
  11. gazza

What are the black arm bands for? Their own funeral?
  12. gazza

This is pathetic! Ciraldo has to go.
  13. gazza

making Manly look like champions. When clealy they are not.
  14. gazza

What a useless type of tackle by the winger
  15. gazza

Vs Raiders - CC Presser

They don't tackle with any force. That is when they tackle at all. Defensive structure is rubbish.
  16. gazza

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Get a coach who can teach them to tackle
  17. gazza

Opinion TPJ - Absolute waste of cap space

Thompson next to go at end of season. Thompson & TPJ adds up to a lot of cap space freed up.
  18. gazza

Opinion Your plan to save our club ?

1. get back to Billy Johnstone style fitness training & policy 2. get someone to teach them how to tackle
  19. gazza

Pangai Jnr has the intelligence of a besser block

The tackling technique is woeful. No doggie tackles with any force. They hold on to a player and run backwards with the player they are supposed to be tackling. Teams make nearly the length of the field in a set of six. The defensive line does not move up to defend the advantage line. The...
  20. gazza

Rd 21 v Panthers

I'm sick of this useless standard. It's been years of rubbish. Get a decent coach.
  21. gazza

Rd 21 v Panthers

Back to Barret standard. Hopeless. How long has Ciraldo got before he is shown the door.
  22. gazza

Rd 21 v Panthers

Totally disorganised and that is coaching
  23. gazza

Rd 21 v Panthers

Forwards are rubbish
  24. gazza

Official Round 16: Bulldogs Vs Sharks - Game Day Thread

Ciraldo is Barrett the second.
  25. gazza

Ciraldo is an abject failure like the other Penrith dud.
  26. gazza

I‘be had it with Ciraldo. He’s got to wear this. Defence is non- existent. Bring back Potte
  27. gazza

News Pi**es me off’: Furious Dogs coach hints big changes after ‘terrible’ Eels loss

The big Junior has no brain. Cost us 2 tries before he was hooked. A terrible waste of money. Another Tony Williams. Meanwhile Flopagain confirms he is a reserve grader. Averillo is another Mbye. NSW cup side softened the afternoon. Ciraldo is supposed to motivate. If he can’t get them to do...
  28. gazza

Opinion Okunbor

If someone can teach him how to tackle he’d be a sensation. teach him to bend and hit the opponent in the middfift. Instead just grabbing guernsy.
  29. gazza

News “A result of performance”: Ciraldo confirms Bulldogs will consider changes, debutants after Warriors loss

The Bulldogs might have scraped ahead of last place on the ladder but we still have the worst for and against figures. The problem is defence. It’s that simple. Ciraldo was supposed to be a defensive coach. The dogs tackling effectiveness has gone backwards. Knockonbore doesn’t tackle. Just...
  30. gazza

Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

Just awful. Tackling is terrible. Someone teach Knockon boor to tackle with force instead of grabbing jumpers.
  31. gazza

Bulldogs vs cows match thread

Replace flopagain with Reynolds
  32. gazza

Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Home crowd influeincing referee
  33. gazza

Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Straight through avarillo
  34. gazza

Paul Alamoti is a Right Centre and not a Left !

I understand the left and right argument but I think the difference is overrated. In my childhood days it was whether you were an inside centre or an outside centre. That difference makes more sense to me.
  35. gazza

News After falling flat in their season opener, Canterbury must rebuild their season by taking on Melbourne's might

If he's still around bring back Billy Johnstone https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2021/02/16/keeping-up-with-johnstone/
  36. gazza

Opinion Unbelievable

The alarming observation from Saturday's gam, as others have said, is not that the dogs lost but they way they played. Forget "game plans", rugby league is a simple game. Warren Ryan and Wayne Bennett the masters of understanding how the game should be played to win. Move up in defence and...
  37. gazza

News Canterbury chairman John Khoury urges fans to be ‘patient’ with new-look Bulldogs

One only has to look at the Dolphins to see what is needed to be a champion team. Typical Bennett. Move up in defence and make tackles with force. Once yu stop the opposition moving forward you capitalise with the attacking team all moving as one towards to line. The defence can't compress and...
  38. gazza

A little bit of perspective

Who is running the book on whether Ciraldo lasts until the end of the season?
  39. gazza

Burton is overrated.

Burton showed what he could do once Barrett was out the door and Mick Potter took over. under Ciraldo they are back bad coaching game plans.
  40. gazza

Round 2 team

Oloapu must be in the team and Reynolds on the bench.
  41. gazza

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

Back to bottom of the table. No fire whatsoever
  42. gazza

Bulldogs Fullback Named Worst in the Comp

We haven’t had a decent fullback for many a season. I noted Meaney had a poor game for the Storm tonight. Luckily the Storm pulled it out of the fire in a thriller.
  43. gazza

Opinion Our Fullback

It pains to say it but Averillo has become another Mbye. Just not fitting any position for the elite NRL grade. And not quite big enough for a utility.
  44. gazza

Kiraz to fullback?

Interested in Kennelers thoughts. Thinking Kiraz might make a good fullback.
  45. gazza

NRL corruption caught on live tv

I saw that happen and was astounded no action was taken.
  46. gazza

Opinion No Ciraldo. Potter2024

As the adage says “when you’re on a good thing, stick with it”. The Dogs Nader Mick Potter have been a revelation. What is the justification for bringing in yet another assistant to try their hand as a head coach. Been there - twice - in Pay then Barrett. Please not again. Holbrook has had a...
  47. gazza

Official Team List Round 16 v Sharks + Match Discussion

back to old ways. Not tough
  48. gazza

simply out of his depth
  49. gazza

thank goodness he's gone
  50. gazza

Another miss by casey. Hook him
  51. gazza

Caasey will cost them the game
  52. gazza

defence is making the difference. Sharks are in the dogs face when the dogs are staying back and giving the sharks space and time.
  53. gazza

casey letting the team down
  54. gazza

How many more mistakes til they hook him
  55. gazza

back to old ways. not moving up and tackling. They are moving up and stopping.
  56. gazza

Rumour New Coach Update Bulldogs

If Mick keeps the team's performances of the past two weeks coming, then whoever it is will be on a hiding to nothing and will surely bow out.
  57. gazza

Official Bulldogs to receive funding for State-of-the-Art Centre of Excellence at Belmore Sports Ground

No details and no start date. Sounds like a thought bubble that might result in a few tins of Taubmans and 30 brushes.
  58. gazza

Official Bulldogs to receive funding for State-of-the-Art Centre of Excellence at Belmore Sports Ground

We could have already had a dedicated stadium and club at Liverpool if the NSW Labor Government had not refused to grant the poker machine licence.
  59. gazza

News Round 14 Potter/Jackson Press Conference

How many of those who are writing off Mick Potter, ever saw him play. He knows what he s about. In two weeks he has turned this team into bulldogs.
  60. gazza

News Phil Gould should call off the search - the Bulldogs have found their new head coach

There were changes today that have been missing. Like defending with momentum. in attack, not Flat but lining up deep and hitting the line at speed, quick passing along the line. all that is the coaching difference that Potter has made. They actually played like bulldogs today.
  61. gazza

Opinion Next Coach, New Coach

Michael Hagan. Won 2 premierships as a Bulldogs player. Played Origin. Coached Newcastle to a premiership. Origin and Australian team coaching experience.
  62. gazza

Opinion The 1%ers don't exist - why we consistently lose against good and bad sides

Another frustrating afternoon. Certainly the one percenterslet themselves down. Burton kicking out on the full and dropped balls. Dear oh dear. Cannot win when a team does that. But two other issues were Also apparent against St Merge. First the difference in passing speed was startling by...
  63. gazza

Opinion Genuine coaching preference question?

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned Michael Hasan as the potential coach. Frankly I doubt he would be interested in returning to full time NRL club coaching and is probably doing very well thank you as assistant in preparing Queensland and Australian teams. But he ticks a lot of boxes. Won 2...
  64. gazza

Opinion 2015 back to belmore.

lost Count of the games I have watched at a Belmore over the years. Happy if the makes it their permanent home. Short term, I doubt capacity won’t be an issue. Long term replace the hill with a new Stand which would also provide additional dressing rooms for lower grades and junior teams. All...
  65. gazza

Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

In reality, this is Mick Potter's first week. By all accounts Barrett had the team playing by numbers rather than playing to the natural strengths and attributes of the team. If it is true that Potter will change that then maybe, just maybe, the performances will improve. The start of the...
  66. gazza

Official Round 11 - Bulldogs v Tigers

How much longer will we suffer? Duffy pack you kit and leave with Knockonboor. Get a coach who can teach some decent defence and do more than one up for 5 tackles and kick. The seasons gone so get rid of all those who won’t be around next year. Contract or no contract. Just leave.
  67. gazza

Absolut rubbish. Duffy is rubbish. And what is the one out for 5 tackles and kick. For goodness sake use the ball.
  68. gazza

38% possession to the tigers 68%. Does Knockonboor even attempt a tackle? As for the dogs “tackling” technique. Truly hopeless. This is another night in hell watching them.
  69. gazza

Michael Potter announced as interim Head Coach of the Bulldogs...

Just a pity Mick starts off with the best players out with flu.
  70. gazza

Barrett's Assistant Coach

novdoggle, I beg to differ. Having watched Wayne Bennett run training sessions during his stint at South’s, he was THE coach. The assistants were very much just helping run the players through the drills. Wayne stood behind watching and was quick to call over a player if he spotted something...
  71. gazza

Keep blaming Barrett lol

It’s always amusing to me to hear people say it’s the players and not the coach. people who have played in the nrl say to me a player is doing what they are being coached to do - ie following the coach’s instructions. To me there is little difference between the squads of most clubs in overall...
  72. gazza

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

Let’s get real. The only 2 wins this year were due to the bunker over-turning what would have been last minute game winning tries to the other side. And both were iffy decisions, not clear cut. So 2 lucky wins otherwise the dogs would be so for out of ladder points that we could offer to take...
  73. gazza

Is this Legal?

Its one of the the afl's basic 101 skills
  74. gazza

Matty Johns Podcast - Talking about Terry Lamb

There have been many wonderful players over the years and to compare them is all but impossible. How does one compare the impact the impact that Kevin Ryan had on the team with the leadership of Dr George, the mercurial feats of Steve Mortimer, the point scoring (tries and goals) sensation of El...
  75. gazza

Next el Masri?

I think many people forget how good El Magic was in scoring tries.
  76. gazza

Im sick of Barrett saying “80 minute performance”

It’s not that the players are not willing for 80 minutes. The Problem is the coaching. A good coach identifies and coaches to the strengths of the team. Barrett ignores this and persists with his fixed idea of how a team should play. His results here and at Manly are testament to his lack of...
  77. gazza

Official Gus on Twitter

This is a roster that should not fall apart playing a fellow bottom team. Heck, Delano was doing better with a lesser roster. And even that was not acceptable. Baz has a superior roster and sends the team backwards. Didn’t think the team could actually perform worse but Baz has achieved that...
  78. gazza

Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

I wonder how big the team celebration dinner will be after this performance.
  79. gazza

Barrett should do the decent thing and resign.
  80. gazza

Don’t blame the ref.
  81. gazza

it pains me to say it but Jacki is no longer an 80 minute player.
  82. gazza

Another pathetic set.
  83. gazza

By kicking the ball knokonboor gave the Broncos 20 metres. Talk about dumb.
  84. gazza

Gus has to act. The Dogs are an undisciplined rabble. And that is deficient coaching. This a match against fellow cellar dweller.
  85. gazza

Bulldogs Covid Cases

Bah’s version of the story is that he was feeling a bit off and decided to stand down and Rest from playing thpat weekend. Instead of the expected rest, Billy made Bah cycle with him. After the experience Bah decided Never miss another game.
  86. gazza

Bulldogs Covid Cases

So they succeed in falling to the bottom of the table and they all go out together and celebrate with a dinner. No wonder the dogs are cellar dwellers. when Billy Johnstone was the trainer instead of a dinner they would all have been on their bikes cycling to Goulburn and back. Just ask Terry...
  87. gazza

Is Barrett the coach to get us a Premiership?

Barrett will never coach a Premiership winning side. in his time at the Dogs he has steered the team downward to the foot of the ladder - last year and so far again this year. All downhill despite the club giving him a better squad to coach Than his predecessor.
  88. gazza

Could This Be Our Halfback For 2024 & Beyond?

Stop trying to buy people and pay overs. It might take time but re-establishing our junior development pipeline Is the answer to 2024 and beyond.
  89. gazza

Official We are now last

Barrett was a train wreck at Manly and repeating the feat with the dogs. This squad should not be running last.
  90. gazza

Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Why didn’t they signHolbrook when they had the chance. He was waiting for the call which never came.
  91. gazza

Opinion Sack Barrett thread

He has to go.sooner the better. The team has no momentum in defence. Basic physics. And too much one out flat line in attack. I am so sick of watching this rubbish week after week
  92. gazza

Opinion What's going on at Canterbury

I am sick of players moving backwards in defence. Reverted to this last week and got walloped as a result. Basic physics.
  93. gazza

Luke Brooks

On the contrary, my mates who are long time Wests supporters think he's great and do not want the club to let him go. They still smart about benny Ellias convincing Mitchell Moses to leave to go to the Eels. Let's face it, the Tigers are a shambles in the back office and Madge will be given...
  94. gazza

Unpopular opinion, however

Unfortunately, my observation is Averillo is another Mbye. Looked good coming through but never fitted any position in a first grade nrl side. Averillo is looking more and more to be the same. Not zippy enough for the halves. Not big enough for a centre. Not speedy enough for the wing. And...
  95. gazza

Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

Has to go. Lost the game for the dogs last night with his dropped ball. Once in attack with a try opportunity in the offing and one in his own half which led to a try. No zip throughout the entire 80minutes. He was Mr. Invisible out there last night. The reserves gave Canberra a shellacking so...
  96. gazza

HMAS Knockonbur

I have been hoping Knocaboor would come good but sadly after watching him at Accor stadium last night (even when the ball was nowhere near him), I accepted that he was never going to be anything other than what he is. A big second rower who can't defend. He has lost whatever speed speed he may...
  97. gazza

Official Declan Casey

While other defenders were moving sideways and backwards, Casey moved forward!