Opinion TPJ - Absolute waste of cap space

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
100%
Roosters got him for 525k... wtf?

Wonder if we attempted to sign him, only remember hearing about Roosters?
525k on the books, rest in 3rd parties.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus was buttering up Haas on 100% Footy. Called him the greatest front rower ever. Hopefully he is just buttering him up when we open negotiations with him to bring him over lol.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
unpopular opinion but with the dogs bench rotation and lack of quality forwards i think he is doing a fair job, there is hardly a player he can have a run on the back of, teams see him coming and put good numbers on him, if we had of had kikau and thompson running around with him i think he'd be firing but he is a real target in a undersized pack. i think we've seen some good efforts from him this year to remain hopeful.
Yes similarly I think he is suffering due to our lack of grunt up front, at the mo. He is one of the few getting off loads, but little if any runners are following him, to take advantage.

However do concede he was one of the forwards whom was carried 20m post contact by Horsburgh last match. That was really poor and unlike him at all. Looked very lazy. Something is wrong with TPJ this year.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes similarly I think he is suffering due to our lack of grunt up front, at the mo. He is one of the few getting off loads, but little if any runners are following him, to take advantage.

However do concede he was one of the forwards whom was carried 20m post contact by Horsburgh last match. That was really poor and unlike him at all. Looked very lazy. Something is wrong with TPJ this year.
There is always something wrong with him.

Is he lacking grunt due to shedding size? I dunno.

You make a good point about us lacking grunt, we outmuscle no-one.

Very disappointing this injury crisis. Everyone should be fit by next year.
Ive been patient with blokes like Thomo and RFM but Im done now. This "rebuild" has been happening for 3 years and this year is another write off.
Im sick of waiting. Truth is RFM will never be impactful and sadly neither will Thomo.
Club first. Gus trade em or do whatever it takes to get us firing with a solid pack 2024.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Maybe this is all part of a plan on his part to get punted by the Dogs.
I remember Wayne Bennett having a boner over him and has said he would love him
at the Dolphins. Keep up this form and he will get his wish and turn into a beast

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is always something wrong with him.

Is he lacking grunt due to shedding size? I dunno.

You make a good point about us lacking grunt, we outmuscle no-one.

Very disappointing this injury crisis. Everyone should be fit by next year.
Ive been patient with blokes like Thomo and RFM but Im done now. This "rebuild" has been happening for 3 years and this year is another write off.
Im sick of waiting. Truth is RFM will never be impactful and sadly neither will Thomo.
Club first. Gus trade em or do whatever it takes to get us firing with a solid pack 2024.
Nothing wrong with the boys at training tonight.

TPJ work ethic best i have seen from him.
RFM ripping off heads, defo got the whip
Thommo walking around freely and Patolo getting back to preseason form. Both were our best in pre season along with Edwards...
Edwards looking professionly sharp
Pele fit
Sutton fit

If the boys fire and we jag the next 2 wins along with the bye, we should have our full compliment by round 15 and well in the hunt.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Thommo walking around freely and Patolo getting back to preseason form. Both were our best in pre season along with Edwards...
Pele fit
Sutton fit

If the boys fire and we jag the next 2 wins along with the bye, we should have our full compliment by round 15 and well in the hunt.
Here’s hoping we can win big on friday and bounce back

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus was buttering up Haas on 100% Footy. Called him the greatest front rower ever. Hopefully he is just buttering him up when we open negotiations with him to bring him over lol.
Aren't TPJ and Hass mates there’s incentive there. Though using Tevitas 800k on Hass and a signing or two more in the fowards would be the best way to go about it IMO. The way I see it with Gus is every thing he says has a door and another door behind it guys a genius.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Pele fit
Sutton fit

“IF” is the smallest biggest word in English. A lot depends on “IF”

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Pele fit
Sutton fit

Don’t think we’d have Kikau back which is a fairly major out - especially defensively. But yeah at this point the bye can’t come soon enough. I just hope we can win these 2 winnable games leading in. Will do a lot for confidence.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t argue with this now.
Ive defended him in the past, but if he wasn’t interested in playing footy, we’ve wasted two years and over $1m, that clearly could’ve been better spent.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson next to go at end of season. Thompson & TPJ adds up to a lot of cap space freed up.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are you spending the extra cap money on?
With not many decent players coming off contract we won't sign just anyone and with next year the Dogs possibly having some slight improvements with the new personnel I think some players will be receiving part payments of their salary for 2025 into 2024 so it will free up even more cap space from 2025 for players coming off contract next year. Our war chest should be substantial if we go in this direction.