Official Declan Casey

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What position did he play nsw cup last year?
He is a fullback. His hands aren’t great. Drops a fair bit of ball (both from passes and kicks). Kid had a screamer last night. Really stood up and outperformed the more experience other edge.

To be honest if he keeps developing he will be a handy back up (you’d rather give him or that tigers youngster a shot then okunbor if needed). Luckily with dufty, jac, schoupp and naden we have most of the backline filled. Just fingers crossed they stay healthy and perform well.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be able to play winger too, great start to possible regular first grade appearances.
Got the energy.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highlight of the match with Dufty's pearler of a pass another.

That is up there with some of the best shots from the last few years.

Hope Baz gives him another run next Monday. If he's going to keep Schoupp on the right, I'd like to see Casey combine with him. Could be a good duo. Anyone would be better than Knockonbor though.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a fullback. His hands aren’t great. Drops a fair bit of ball (both from passes and kicks). Kid had a screamer last night. Really stood up and outperformed the more experience other edge.

To be honest if he keeps developing he will be a handy back up (you’d rather give him or that tigers youngster a shot then okunbor if needed). Luckily with dufty, jac, schoupp and naden we have most of the backline filled. Just fingers crossed they stay healthy and perform well.
He's been working with the team all preseason (Casey) and I suspect worked heaps on his handling.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NSW Cup last year he had a bit of a shocker, but training with the NRL boys preseason he seems to have started the season with a completely new lease on things. Maybe JAC has been working closely with him.

He absolutely nailed 2 blokes tonight, Ponga was still rattled the next set of 6 from that hit.

I'd be keen to see him in open space to see what his pace is like.

Another bloke that really impressed me in limited time was Creedence Toia. Seems to have something about him and moves really well across field.
I was also in the he is a bit meh camp from last year too but if he can play like that(maybe the people around have helped him dramatically over the off season incl JAC)then he is right in the mix, is better in defence than OK and though smaller likely has more mongrel..Is he around JAC's weight and height?
That hit was a fucking cracker, play of the night!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have only seen Casey at fullback in reserves before & he dropped a lot of ball (more than Jayden did last night!). Good to see him play well with his opportunity. I hope he has improved his handling skills & if he plays like he did last night more opportunities will come.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While other defenders were moving sideways and backwards, Casey moved forward!