Search results

1. Snake

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

A lot of very tough keyboard warriors in the TK. From what I saw the kid was tough. When he came into FG he often ended up covering for injures and was asked to do a lot of defence and play long minutes. He worked hard in those games, never shirked the work. I hope the kid can make a comeback...
  2. Snake

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

‘Staff writers’ so in other words it probably didn’t happen
  3. Snake

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

That’s disgraceful if the parts of the crowd booed Hutch. Blokes no superstar but doesn’t deserve that.
  4. Snake

Round 7 3-2-1 vs Knights?

3. Curren 2. Mahoney 1. Salmon (cleaned up a lot of mess that went unnoticed)
  5. Snake

Burton is a half

He went back to basics this year and is building his game each week. Good to see him roam today and not plant himself in one channel. Kicking percentages improved a lot too.
  6. Snake

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

if Jack Wighton can retire from rep footy so can the fox. Selfishly I would like the fox to focus just on helping the dogs play finals footy.
  7. Snake

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Anyone watch cup know how O’Neil played? Stats saying he has 3 try assists.
  8. Snake

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Anyone know why hutch was replaced?
  9. Snake

Opinion Patolo

What was todays injury ?
  10. Snake

Opinion Lets hope Taaffe comes on to replace Hutcho against the Knights

Throwing Taf into the front line without honing his D tech and endurance in NSW cup would be a mistake. We are stuck with Hutch for this season.
  11. Snake

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Ciraldo won’t carry both Hayward and Taafe on the bench will he? I’m expecting Taafe to drop from 17 and a fwd promoted. Hopefully the King.
  12. Snake

Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

How many hooker / ball playing locks can we have? Mann, Salmon, Haywood, Turpin. Edwards played that role last year.
  13. Snake

Team against the knights

Who do you see as the better option at 14 out of Turpin or Haywood? Apart from Turpins dropped ball I thought his defence was excellent. Haywood offers more in attack thou.
  14. Snake

Burton is a half

Burto was excellent tonight. Ran the ball. Supported Kiks. Set up the fox. Gave early ball when needed. Some nice grubbers. He has limited his mistakes.
  15. Snake

Reed Mahoney is a liability

Yea it was a shame Reed chased down and tackled Coates when Coates left Critta in his wake. Reed didn’t over playing his hand tonight. That’s an improvement in my eyes.
  16. Snake

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Super Proud of the effort and starting to finally see some silver linings. Line speed, fitness, and d structure so much better. Sam Hughes has that raw potential . Tracey looked good at the back. Kiraz is a machine. We rattled the storm tonight.
  17. Snake

They have showed plenty of ticker. Scramble and line speed is excellent considering all the new faces. I’m concerned the flood gates will open in the second half. Hope I’m wrong. Let’s go dogs.
  18. Snake

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

Cartwright carved us up in round 1. The Shoestar is worth consideration. He has points in him and that’s something we have struggled with for a long time.
  19. Snake

This is the best test of this teams character to date. Do they fight for the 80 or put the tail between the legs and get belted. Interesting to sit back and watch this one.
  20. Snake

If Tracey’s calf strain hampers him this week then Skelly is the only back named on the extended bench and would come in.
  21. Snake

News Team Tips Round 6-Bulldogs make mass changes

I think CC goes 1. Critta 2. Fox 3. Xerri 4. Kiraz 5. Wilson
  22. Snake

Round 5 injuries (Patolo, Mann, Edwards, Tracey, Kikau, King)

This would be our biggest loss TBH. King has been the glue keeping our undersized pack together.
  23. Snake

Round 6 - Slim Pickings

Going down to Melb we should have coverage at 9 for Reed. To cover for injury or his predictable fatigue. With no Mann who does that leave? Haywood, Turpin (anyone know why he didn’t play cup this week?) BBO.
  24. Snake

Critta in full flight

Let’s not forget it was a slow track last night. Even Dom young and Xerri looked slow and these guys are in the top 5 - 10 fastest in the NRL. Strangely thou Kikau looked like Bolt in full flight.
  25. Snake

A wins a win

Max King is the glue in that pack. Hope he stays fit.
  26. Snake

Round 5 injuries (Patolo, Mann, Edwards, Tracey, Kikau, King)

Are we really writing Critta off as a fullback option after 40 mins playing off the back of Sexton and hutch, with no field position or possession and in the rain?
  27. Snake

3,2,1 Vs ourselves

3. Kikau 2. Burton 1. King Honourable mentions Curren, Mann
  28. Snake

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Sensational first 40. Burton, Kikau, Curren, King absolutely superb. Came out asleep in the second half as they did last week. Put the cue in the rack. same issues as always. Reed can’t play 80. No half or fullback and only one prop. Luke Keary showed what a good half can do when the chips are...
  29. Snake

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Did the 1 % ers well . Sound debut .
  30. Snake

Bunnies 3 2 1

3. King 2. Kikau 1. Preston
  31. Snake

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

Some good signs today. Line speed in D was excellent. Fitness and effort looks sound. Off course we don’t have the cattle to win many games but overall I can see improvement.
  32. Snake

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

So what’s our second half backline with fox out?
  33. Snake

Opinion Blake Taffee

I agree with Ciraldos choice to make as minimal changes as possible to the line up. The only change i would like to see at this early stage in the year is Tracey for Taaffe.
  34. Snake

Opinion Blake Taffee

Our team instantly improves with Tracey at 1 over Taaffe. The million dollar question is when will Ciraldo see it and make the change. I would like to think sooner rather than later.
  35. Snake

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

I hear you but where has signing good blokes got this club in the past 8 years? We have 30 mediocre blokes now all buying into the coaches philosophy. Zac is a competitor, skilful and underrated. He would solve our number 1 issue.
  36. Snake

Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

Swap ado-Carr for Zac Lomax. Give Zac the reins to fullback. He would make a good fist of it. Aggressive, good yardage. Safe under highball. this solves the one. Still need a 7 and prop. 1. Lomax 2. Kiraz 3. Xerri 4. Critta 5. Wilson or Skelly
  37. Snake

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Longer term this is how I would go too. Tracey probably doesn’t have the match fitness or reps to step straight into the number 1 this week thou. It’s such a demanding position.
  38. Snake

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Honestly didn’t need hindsight to know Taffe was a dud signing. Watched him play live last year. Far too light. Doesn’t worry the opposition at all. Bring Tracey in ASAP and if that doesn’t work give Crichton a chance. To soon for young Papali to come into a loosing team.
  39. Snake

News Dogs of Poor - Dean Ritchie

If props are so hard to come by should the club have signed bigger yardage backs to at least help. Not only do we have a small forward pack but some of the lightweight backs the club has tried doesn’t help. Perham and now Taffee case in point. Tracey might be good but is also light. Fox is a...
  40. Snake

Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

When does toughness and grit become plain old stupidity? What value to the team performance was fox having ? None, he was a liability.
  41. Snake

Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

3 Mahoney - credit where due. Whole hearted with less mistakes and brain explosions 2 King - our only prop. Poor bugger 1 Curren - rolled up his sleeves
  42. Snake

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Kurt Mann played well……. That’s all I got ….
  43. Snake

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Where do our points come from in the second half? Hutch is done a mountain of defence and doesn’t have spark. Reed the same. We need Burto , critta and taffe to step up. Yeeks .
  44. Snake

Looks exactly like last year. Taffee the new Perham. No go forward. Reed has worn himself out in D and will start making errors in the second half.
  45. Snake

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

Cheers soc. Always good to get feedback from a fan of the team he played in as you’re bound to watch him more closely. Starting to sound like a low risk move from the club.
  46. Snake

Yea I’ve watched him. Looks like another small prop. Not sure why Penrith released him from his 3rd year? and have a niggling feeling he missed making the grand final teams at either roosters or riffs. For mine he will bring some experience and a hard edge which is a good thing. On the field I...
  47. Snake

Don’t mean to sound negative but this bloke couldn't bend the line coming off the bench in red hot roosters and penriff teams. Now after a few years in the ESL and leaving on medical grounds he comes to the dogs. If he brings up training standards he should be on the coaching team not top 30.
  48. Snake

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

I’m not here to defend Burton just saying that the 1 and 7 are far bigger priorities for the club to fix before moving Burton from 6.
  49. Snake

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

How did he go in the second trial v sharks ?
  50. Snake

Opinion Joseph O'Neill should be our 7

Young 7s take years to develop and are inevitably inconsistent when they first come into grade. Let’s just calm down and persist with hutch or sexton for this year as painful as that is
  51. Snake

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Our field position and game tempo last week was the best i have seen in years. Let’s hope they can repeat it. I just think our Achilles heal is our new spine. New half and fullback whereas the sharks are very settled with Kennedy, Brailey, Nicho and Trindle and I rate that spine highly. Those...
  52. Snake

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

On paper the sharks side wins this game by 20 + points. There settled spine will prove the difference. Our only chance of winning will be out performing sharks in the effort areas.
  53. Snake

Your Round 1 Team?

01. Tracey 02. Jacob Kiraz 03. Stephen Crichton 04. Xerri 05. Josh Addo-Carr 06. Burton 07. Clutchy Hutchy 08. Max King 09. Reed Mahoney 10. Poasa Faamausili 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Josh Curran 14. Kurt Mann 15. Jaeman Salmon 16. Kitione Kautoga 17. Samuel Hughes 18. Turps
  54. Snake

Real Talk

ISB dog has a footy brain that sadly our squad has been lacking for years. He isn’t overly gifted athletically but he reads the game well. I liked his text book tackles he made shutting down Paps in the middle.
  55. Snake

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

Honestly don’t think Burton played bad. He didn’t excel but played his role. Kicked to the corners . Fed his outside men. The Burton / Hutch combo was conservative and played the percentages which led to excellent field position. They had Melb pinned inside there half for most of the first half.
  56. Snake

Hutchison Pre Season Press Conference

No disrespect to Hutch but I wonder why he wasn’t given more cracks at 7 over his career. Like when Walker was injured last year.
  57. Snake

Entire 2021 squad gone.

Our 2024 squad is an improved squad on 2021 no doubt. The reality check on the 2024 squad is that many players are Cup standard and have spent most of their careers moving between Cup and firsts. The unanswered question is does our coaching and tactics get enough improvement from our fringe...
  58. Snake

Opinion Sam Hughes

This guy has been hyped more than Preston. It’s a bit hard not to get excited. What other dogs have been this hyped in recent times? Alamoti, Averillo?
  59. Snake

Josh Curran - Bloke In A Bar

The kid has big ambitions and good luck to him. Interesting he singled out Skelton as a young player with potential and pointed to his size and strength.
  60. Snake

Let's Trot with Burton

Think he is from the same school as the great man Bobcat. (And Dean Pay)
  61. Snake

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

Reed for mine. Disappointed with his leadership style last year but his effort areas were great. He has the potential to control the tempo and direction of the team. If Reed keeps his cool and has a good year the team will do well.
  62. Snake

The Bulldogs 2024 style of play & Game plan ..

Completely agree. In patches last year the dogs showed great line speed in D and expansive footy in attack but inevitably in every game the wheels fell off after a few penalties against us, a mistake or two or tough call from the refs. We looked so far off an 80 minute performance it wasn’t...
  63. Snake

Opinion Pre Season Training

Looks like Steve Turner is discussing the facilities with Kiks
  64. Snake

The Bulldogs 2024 style of play & Game plan ..

The focus will be on line speed and gang tackles in D and end expansive ball play in attack. Make the most of a small and fast team. Personally I don’t think it will help much . Size does matter and we will get out muscled by most teams.
  65. Snake

2024 NRL Captain(s) and 2024 Club Captain

One captain only and Reed and Burto way off the mark with on field leadership styles. Far too immature and loose their heads easily. Still not many leaders standing out thou. Options very limited. We are likely stuck with Reed for another season.
  66. Snake

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

Sonny bill was and still is my idol
  67. Snake

Predicted Line up from NRL.com

Another year another new spine.
  68. Snake

Official Gus on Twitter

Definitely Klemmers hand
  69. Snake

News Recruits for the Bulldogs disclose their favoured positions

Nah bruz, just bored and mucking to see what the team would look like with the new recruits in it. Realistically which new recruits do you think will make the top 17 round 1? Critta, Bronson and Curren for mine and I’m a two hooker fan, so either Turpin or Mann on the bench to come on for Reed...
  70. Snake

News Recruits for the Bulldogs disclose their favoured positions

Hypothetical team with new recruits in top 17. Tracey Kiraz Critta Bronson X Fox Hutch Taafe King Reed Knight Weak Gutted Curren Mann Prestomania Kikau Turpin Burton
  71. Snake

News Ciraldo interview

Past tense Nashy? What happened to you man?
  72. Snake

Do we have too many props!?

There are props and then there are props. We have a couple of acceptable NRL bench props in King and Knight.
  73. Snake

2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

There are a lot of line ups here that still have Reed playing 80 mins. I personally don’t think he can do that well. To the guys with Mann on the bench. Do you think Mann comes on to play some hooker or back row?
  74. Snake

Opinion What Position Will Tracey Play

I was keen to see Critta get a crack at fullback but Tracey blitzed it there for the sharks. I think Tracey 1 and Critter 3 is a stronger team option. Taafe to focus on 7. Sexton doesn’t pose the speed and running threat that Taafe does.
  75. Snake

News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

Very happy with this signing. A known quantity. No questions a sound player we don’t have to wait and develop. Fastest backline on paper we have had in long time .
  76. Snake

News Phil Gould explains Canterbury's recruitment approach

Yea he is quick and got a decent pass. I watched him closely live this year when he played fullback at the sunny coast. He looked light and got manhandled badly with his kick returns that night. Similar lack of impact to Perham
  77. Snake

News Phil Gould explains Canterbury's recruitment approach

Our footy IQ has been the worse in the comp for a long time. Hutcho, Mann, JS , Taffe bring an element of IQ we have been lacking but they aren’t athletically gifted. Mann and Taffe have no physical presence and Hutch and JS are slow movers
  78. Snake

Klemmer back to the dogs?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Klem back in the blue and white breathing fire again. Can you see the headlines ? Dogs bring back the bite Lost dog returns home
  79. Snake

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Tracey is an excellent player and deserves a starting spot. Question is what position at the dogs? I’m thinking the number 1. He improved out of site backfilling for Kennedy last year … That leaves us a Very expensive centre in Crichton.
  80. Snake

News Jayden Tanner

Smallest front rower of all time.
  81. Snake

Salary cap specification

Morrin and Edwards seem to be coaches favs. I think they will be in top 30.
  82. Snake

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Imagine if the Salmon and Conner Watson rumours come true .. another 2 utilities
  83. Snake

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

On paper that’s a bottom 3 side. What also concerns me is our lack of size. Blokes like Sexton, Taafe, Mann, Turpin, Reed, Tanner, Morrin, Wilson fox, are kinda on the small side. We don’t have many power players.
  84. Snake

Faitala-Mariner thread

Not just RFM, but Burto and Reed in leadership positions too … perhaps not bad judgment on Ciros behalf but a severe lack of leaders in the squad?
  85. Snake

Ethan Quai-Ward

Yo chill yo. You is paranoid. Mull over this …. Termination clauses, also sometimes called severance clauses, are written into employment contracts. The clause provides a pre-set agreement on what will happen when the employee is terminated in terms of how much notice they get and/or what sort...
  86. Snake

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Meadowbank to Belmore only 22 mins. we got this
  87. Snake

Can someone please photoshop AFB in the blue and white? I really want to see that …
  88. Snake

No Thompson, no TPJ, money in the CAP. Gus will go to godfather status if he pulls this off .
  89. Snake

Rumour Papenhuyzen

Is that you David Holland ?
  90. Snake

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

I don’t mind a fit and focused Ray rounding out the squad in the 17 jersey. Covers edge or middle. Provides much needed experience.
  91. Snake

Curran signed.

We are still seriously lacking in the large props department.
  92. Snake

Official Blake Wilson locked in for 2024 & 2025

Reminds me a lot of Nick Meaney. Hoping his ceiling is higher.
  93. Snake

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

This riddle hurts my head haha. The Dogs have gone barking mad !
  94. Snake

Social Media Josh Curran

He first caught my eye playing or the Indigenous All Stars. Tough and versatile. What would be his best position for the dogs? Would he start or come off the bench? 11. Presto 12. Kikau 13. Curran ?
  95. Snake

Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Can anyone post the latest article on Sio from the Australian today? how did he go in the Super league grand final ?
  96. Snake

Stephen Crichton

I suspected as much. Even the best halves in the world get suffocated by the Aussie team. Did he show any glimpses of a decent passing game?
  97. Snake

Stephen Crichton

How did he go at 5/8 tonight ?
  98. Snake

Tevita Pangai Junior reveals grim reality of NRL exit

TPJ has massive victim mentality. Has to be one of the the worst human traits.
  99. Snake

Opinion Blake Taaffe

Not sold on Sextons running game. Taaffee deserves a preseason to try and take the 7 from Sexton.