News Recruits for the Bulldogs disclose their favoured positions

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
You seriously putting Kiks, preston and Burton on the bench? 4 realz ???
Hypothetical team with new recruits in top 17.
  1. Tracey
  2. Kiraz
  3. Critta
  4. Bronson X
  5. Fox
  6. Hutch
  7. Taafe
  8. King
  9. Reed
  10. Knight
  11. Weak Gutted
  12. Curren
  13. Mann
  14. Prestomania
  15. Kikau
  16. Turpin
  17. Burton

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seriously putting Kiks, preston and Burton on the bench? 4 realz ???
Nah bruz, just bored and mucking to see what the team would look like with the new recruits in it. Realistically which new recruits do you think will make the top 17 round 1? Critta, Bronson and Curren for mine and I’m a two hooker fan, so either Turpin or Mann on the bench to come on for Reed when he starts loosing his head under fatigue

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
YEAH BOY.. Taaffe my man for FULLBACK, all I wanted to hear :grinning: And STFU you guys. You knew this would be my comment lol. :tongueclosed: So don’t hate, he will prove you all wrong when we rise to the top starting round one !! IMG_1862.jpeg
:hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes::hearteyes: :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everybody, please refrain from debating who should be fullback because we have a weak pack.

Please refrain from poking fun at other club's signings because our recuitment has been poor.

Please ignore the fact this a forum for ideas and discussion about the club you support. From now on all conversation should centre around how poor the club is travelling and how there is no light at the end of the tunnel and mocking contributors who don't abide by these instructions.

Remember to end every contribution with an arrogant lol to accentuate your intellectual superiority.

Above all, stay miserable.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Taafe can have some solid games when called upon but I think Tracey is a lot better. I'd like to see him at fullback to start the season..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everybody, please refrain from debating who should be fullback because we have a weak pack.

Please refrain from poking fun at other club's signings because our recuitment has been poor.

Please ignore the fact this a forum for ideas and discussion about the club you support. From now on all conversation should centre around how poor the club is travelling and how there is no light at the end of the tunnel and mocking contributors who don't abide by these instructions.

Remember to end every contribution with an arrogant lol to accentuate your intellectual superiority.

Gold lol

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I agree I think Tracey is ahead, however has been a bit injury prone. I think Taafe would be next up in case of an injury. I can also see him being a really dynamic 14 coming on as dummy half, however don't think you can have him and Mann in the same team.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There needs to be clarity within the squad about who is playing where. Having players who are versatile is great, but too many people vying for positions (especially key positions) creates uncertainty, chopping and changing and before you know it, it's another wasted season.

They don't necessarily have to tell the fans or media, but hopefully internally they have a clear idea.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There needs to be clarity within the squad about who is playing where.
Not now there doesn't, plenty of time for that, the pre season has only just started.

Having players who are versatile is great, but too many people vying for positions (especially key positions) creates uncertainty, chopping and changing and before you know it, it's another wasted season.
No it doesn't, it creates healthy competition for spots, slacken off and you will get dropped. A situation we haven't been in for a long time.

They don't necessarily have to tell the fans or media, but hopefully internally they have a clear idea.
They absolutely should not be telling the opposition what they are planning (which is the same as telling the media). There are going to be ship loads of false hints dropped before the season starts.

Go back to 2004 for example where we had a few versatile players who played in multiple positions during the season;
SBW (centre, bench and 2nd row)
JT (5/8, 1/2, and bench)
Asotasi, (2nd Row, Bench and Front Row)
Anasta (lock, bench and 5/8)
and of course the ultimate in versatility Maitua (bench, lock, 5/8 and 2nd row).

Always a Bulldog

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say Gould has forgotten more about rugby league than most people will ever know in a life time …

Those people obviously never met @TheSexDogs .. he knows everything, and surprising enough … he’s alwayyyyys right !
Exactly.
Just ask him, and he will tell you that you're wrong about that too!

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You forgot the LOL!
LOL

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching Taaffe he has speed, a side step, good under a high ball, has a good pass, seems to be in the right place at the right time often as a link and can kick as well. Seemed to fill in at fullback pretty well or half. Maybe need to work on his defence. He's only 24 so maybe given a year under CC may develop him into a pretty good fullback or half.