Bulldogs 3 player's short of top 4

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chrichton must be average to you I guess.
He’s 1 player, an astute pick up, but, he’s a centre & my logic is going for 2 guns rather than 5 fridge first graders. I understand the market is bare, Gus is limited for choice & he’s gone for some depth which we also needed. Me personally, I’m getting Haas or Tino at all costs because players like that don’t come around very often (& we need that type of dominance up front) - those two can write their own cheque.

I have faith in the process, but at some point, we need to pay overs for the right player/s to complement the youth coming through.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No no no no no. Why is Zac looking for an out? He is kicking rocks because he doesn't want to play wing. Fuck that! You buy in to the coaches team and coaching philosophy, or you fuck off. There's no way I want a player holding our club over a barrel because the fucking princess wants to play a different position.
I hear you but where has signing good blokes got this club in the past 8 years? We have 30 mediocre blokes now all buying into the coaches philosophy. Zac is a competitor, skilful and underrated. He would solve our number 1 issue.

Reaction score
Last night the broncos without THEIR NUMBER 7, 10 and 1 played equivalent to what the bulldogs have dished out the last 3 weeks. I would even go as far as we have defended better especially in the game against the sharks to what Brisbane defended last night.

In saying that what Brisbane showed us last night is with a game breaking fullback and 1 representative front rower and an experienced number 7 that team goes from grandfinalists to missing the top 8. (Saying that the players they missed last night did not play the rest of the season)

This is the measuring stick for the current bulldogs team. No matter who we purchase.
If we don't have the 1, 7 and 10 we will stay where we are and not improve. Then put into consideration a few injuries, the bulldogs will remain a bottom 4 team regardless of effort.

We can talk about changes, we can talk about the coach, we can talk about Phil Gould.
The matter remain simple, the BULLDOGS need to either buy the players in above position and or at least be able to bring up 1 or 2 players in the next season or 2 that are representative level or we will always remain how we have been the last 7 or 8 years.

M.Z

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Fuckin' Des

Reaction score
I hear you but where has signing good blokes got this club in the past 8 years? We have 30 mediocre blokes now all buying into the coaches philosophy. Zac is a competitor, skilful and underrated. He would solve our number 1 issue.
JAC with quality players around him is dangerous!! Look at Origin!! Sure he has his deficiencies (coming off his wing in D drives me nuts!!) - but his upside since joining the Dogs has been a bonus. Let him honour his contract at the very least!! If Lomax is gonna play the sooky centre routine - we don't want him. We need people who buy in to the TEAM. Ain't no "I" that I can see in TEAM.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullfrog used to say hed build the whole team around a Great prop and Great Halfback.. Game has changed but still both positions important..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s 1 player, an astute pick up, but, he’s a centre & my logic is going for 2 guns rather than 5 fridge first graders. I understand the market is bare, Gus is limited for choice & he’s gone for some depth which we also needed. Me personally, I’m getting Haas or Tino at all costs because players like that don’t come around very often (& we need that type of dominance up front) - those two can write their own cheque.

I have faith in the process, but at some point, we need to pay overs for the right player/s to complement the youth coming through.
It seems that you assume we didnt go all out for them. Fact is we don't know what we offered them, but they both stayed at their current clubs. This to me says they didn't want to leave, rather then we didn't want to sign them, or they didn't want to come.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is untested at fb, and currently wants to play centre. Im happy to not sign alter boys, but players that spit the dummy and don't put the team first have no place in my Bulldogs team.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last night the broncos without THEIR NUMBER 7, 10 and 1 played equivalent to what the bulldogs have dished out the last 3 weeks. I would even go as far as we have defended better especially in the game against the sharks to what Brisbane defended last night.

In saying that what Brisbane showed us last night is with a game breaking fullback and 1 representative front rower and an experienced number 7 that team goes from grandfinalists to missing the top 8. (Saying that the players they missed last night did not play the rest of the season)

This is the measuring stick for the current bulldogs team. No matter who we purchase.
If we don't have the 1, 7 and 10 we will stay where we are and not improve. Then put into consideration a few injuries, the bulldogs will remain a bottom 4 team regardless of effort.

We can talk about changes, we can talk about the coach, we can talk about Phil Gould.
The matter remain simple, the BULLDOGS need to either buy the players in above position and or at least be able to bring up 1 or 2 players in the next season or 2 that are representative level or we will always remain how we have been the last 7 or 8 years.

M.Z

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
We've got a halves academy but maybe we need a props academy too!

They can start by running through plaster board then thick bushes and build up to brick walls.

Maybe some sort of expensive kung fu panda style condition facility?

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of things said about Lomax but competitor and under-rated aren't two of them. I've heard primadonna, showpony, over-rated, self inflated views of themselves, soft and wants to be pandered too.

Averillo absolutely tore Lomax a new one last year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We've got a halves academy but maybe we need a props academy too!

They can start by running through plaster board then thick bushes and build up to brick walls.

Maybe some sort of expensive kung fu panda style condition facility?
Apparently we do have a Frontrow Academy.