Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When did he say that?
He specifically said there isn’t anyone to buy, and that other teams are locking up players before there on the market.
I couldn't tell you the exact source of the article but Phull was quoted just prior to the conclusion of the finals that he was "very very very comfortable" with the players he's got coming for 2024.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you the exact source of the article but Phull was quoted just prior to the conclusion of the finals that he was "very very very comfortable" with the players he's got coming for 2024.
Is that why he only signed them for one year! Lol
They're just a stop gap until our juniors come through.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did he say that?
He specifically said there isn’t anyone to buy, and that other teams are locking up players before there on the market.
He mustve said it somewhere cos have a look at the first pages of this thread. Insane hype from posters over big signings galore, @maroondog72 took from it that Gus was holding a “unbeatable hand”. Whispers of fotuaika and other prized props.

I think some of Phulls excuses mustve followed later on?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He mustve said it somewhere cos have a look at the first pages of this thread. Insane hype from posters over big signings galore, @maroondog72 took from it that Gus was holding a “unbeatable hand”. Whispers of fotuaika and other prized props.

I think some of Phulls excuses mustve followed later on?
If you trace it back Phull did say on the Monday morning following the Knights cricket score loss that he's never seen the market for buying players so stretched, referencing the Dolphins and the increase in salary cap and so on.

It was following that during the NRL finals that Phull made comments about the quality of the players he's recruited that he'll share following grand final weekend.

It remains to be seen what he's been able to conjure up.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you trace it back Phull did say on the Monday morning following the Knights cricket score loss that he's never seen the market for buying players so stretched, referencing the Dolphins and the increase in salary cap and so on.

It was following that during the NRL finals that Phull made comments about the quality of the players he's recruited that he'll share following grand final weekend.

It remains to be seen what he's been able to conjure up.
Maybe the bloke is coming out of retirement to play for us again

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously his going to say that his not going to say there isn’t much out there so we settled on these shit players.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thought we were committed to getting rid of all the turds lol.
Jack shit, dip shit and I don’t give a shit next on the recruiting shortlist…..
At least it's consistent. Phull replaced an assistant coach from Penrith with an assistant coach from Penrith.

Only fair to polish a turd with more turds too. On the bright side we couldn't possibly recruit anyone as over the hill as Reynolds again. Hopefully

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus was talking Tohu Harris up deluxe on his show saying he is his player of the year. Wonder if there is anything there. Thought he was busted when he left Melbourne but keeps going at the warriors.
Your right....he's busted. His knees are shot. Not a long term investment at all. Too risky.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs signings riddle. Is a Utility better than a NSW Cup player or is it better to sign a bench player to replace a starting utility?
Probably just better in general to sign anyone and everyone

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs signings riddle. Is a Utility better than a NSW Cup player or is it better to sign a bench player to replace a starting utility?
This riddle hurts my head haha. The Dogs have gone barking mad !

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Could it be that Phil Gould was talking shit or being overly confident?
I kinda thought when he said it at the time he was just overstating it
Same way you go into a used car shop and a leb tells you ‘yeah bra swear to God, service every 3 months, never accident or nuffin, 100% won’t break down cuz don’t worry about the 400k odo ‘ or when Trump states he will be the greatest of all time and solve all the world issues in a day.