Opinion Blake Taffee

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was on the Taaffe train but it’s clear he needs to spend some time practicing his bomb defusal. Tracey at fullback this week for mine.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree re Wilson, he has a go & does pretty well, however I would take a good bigger body over a good smaller body every day. Others have also mentioned that Xerri has been struggling a little which is disappointing but not surprising really…
Kiraz was fantastic, some of his efforts were similar to what he did 2 years ago. I just think assuming we have a good alternative centre option(perhaps not if X is not firing..) that we would get better returns with Kiraz on the wing.
Wilson is stronger than he looks. He bends back the opposition when he runs at them.

Wilson is a finisher. He scores tries.

Taaffe can't do that. He is easily rag dolled, which is a shame as he has the speed and agility we want in a fullback.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilson needs to stay right where he is, get a good chunk of 1st grade experience under his belt, I feel the more he plays the better he’s going to get, helps if the rest of the team lifts like they did on Saturday ..

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our team instantly improves with Tracey at 1 over Taaffe. The million dollar question is when will Ciraldo see it and make the change. I would like to think sooner rather than later.
CC appears not to be able to see the obvious in anything.. just like last season with Perham, who was Horrendous.. same again this year.. we win NO CHANGE, we lose NO CHANGE.. doesn't make sense.. all the elite coaches make changes if something isn't working.. see Wayne Bennett after round 1 loss, dropped a few..

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the Taaffe train but it’s clear he needs to spend some time practicing his bomb defusal. Tracey at fullback this week for mine.
We aren't changing a side that just won 32-0 and Tracey isn't any better anyway sorry to burst the bubble there

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CC appears not to be able to see the obvious in anything.. just like last season with Perham, who was Horrendous.. same again this year.. we win NO CHANGE, we lose NO CHANGE.. doesn't make sense.. all the elite coaches make changes if something isn't working.. see Wayne Bennett after round 1 loss, dropped a few.
FMD, 4 changes, 2 of which Bennett made were due to injury, Lemuelu knee and Stone HIA. With Milford injured Bennett gave O’Sullivan a go in Round 1 and Katoa in Round 2. Leaving in reality 1 player "dropped" being Niu.

Always a Bulldog

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wilson needs to stay right where he is, get a good chunk of 1st grade experience under his belt, I feel the more he plays the better he’s going to get, helps if the rest of the team lifts like they did on Saturday ..
100% don't understand why some are against Wilson. Kid will just keep on getting better. Ideally I'd love to have him outside Crichton, but is what it is for now.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How many players were backing up when Mahoney made the break up the middle? One, only one, that would be Taaffe. If he's not backing up, no try.

Always a Bulldog
That’s the fullbacks job

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FMD, 4 changes, 2 of which Bennett made were due to injury, Lemuelu knee and Stone HIA. With Milford injured Bennett gave O’Sullivan a go in Round 1 and Katoa in Round 2. Leaving in reality 1 player "dropped" being Niu.

Always a Bulldog
O'Sullivan played Q Cup for Dolphins!!! that's what being "dropped" means... FMD

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Teflon Taffe has a lot of developing to do. He still returns the ball without enough intensity in speed to step more sharply and make an extra 5 metres beyond the first attempted tackler. They are getting him too easily.

His ball security on the high ball is 80% and it should be 95% to be acceptable.

He should improve, but his support play started to improve this game and I think he will get a lot out of that try and the realisation that Kiks, Critta, Burton, Preston and Kiraz need to be followed by him more often - he can be a Terry Lamb in support - he is faster and can pop up anywhere.

That part of his game has been average - but maybe after Saturday's game, this could be changing fast.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I agree with Ciraldos choice to make as minimal changes as possible to the line up. The only change i would like to see at this early stage in the year is Tracey for Taaffe.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We aren't changing a side that just won 32-0 and Tracey isn't any better anyway sorry to burst the bubble there
You’re not bursting anyone’s bubble Brendan, the fact is that Taaffe is dreadful under the high ball and its a weakness we don’t need at the moment plus Tracey is better under the high ball and a better kick return. I agree CC won’t make any changes.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re not bursting anyone’s bubble Brendan, the fact is that Taaffe is dreadful under the high ball and its a weakness we don’t need at the moment plus Tracey is better under the high ball and a better kick return. I agree CC won’t make any changes.
Tracey is a utility at best the hard reality is we don’t have a competent fullback until MAYBE the kid is ready. The rest are all C standard at best whether it be Tracey or Taffe both are mediocre

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on ch 9 QLD dogs players throwing support behind Taafe, Tracey was speaking.