2024 NRL Captain(s) and 2024 Club Captain

Crashdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
With the new season fast approaching two questions still to be considered:
With 10 new recruits will Mahoney and Burton keep their NRL Captaincy?
Who will replace RFM as Club Captain?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd have Kikau & JAC as the top 2 captains in whatever order.

RXDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the Club captaincy would be good for JAC - but I don't see it happening.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we have one captain.
reed Mahoney will do and that’s it.

no co captain and no club captain
As much as I see Reed as being too emotional for a captain. I think he should be the sole captain for the year ahead.

RFM is a NO

JAC is NO. He seems to be way too focused on his brand away from the football.

Burton is not a natural leader. He is quiet and I think being captain adversely affects his game.

I actually would go with Crichton in the longer term. But let him settle in for a year first.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As much as I see Reed as being too emotional for a captain. I think he should be the sole captain for the year ahead.

RFM is a NO

JAC is NO. He seems to be way too focused on his brand away from the football.

Burton is not a natural leader. He is quiet and I think being captain adversely affects his game.

I actually would go with Crichton in the longer term. But let him settle in for a year first.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm with you on Crichton... I still can't believe we made Burton captian though lol.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On field captains will probably stay the same, our off field leader should definitely be either kikau or jac.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton’s voice & leadership has been non-existent since joining, no idea why Ciro considered him in the first place, he’s never really oozed that type of personality or confidence, Reed was a great choice and he should remain… he put his small frame in front of big humans for 80mins all season and led the defensive line for most of it… the bloke is a warrior… he almost tried too hard at times.

1 captain (Reed) and I think that should double as club captain - but if we’re keeping a “club captain” role, I’d go with King… (the incident in the indigenous footy game probably counts out the Fox).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Short term they probably keep Mahoney as captain but soon enough I'd love to see Critta and Preston as captain and vice captain. They're the two best long term leaders of the club on and off the field...

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One captain only and Reed and Burto way off the mark with on field leadership styles. Far too immature and loose their heads easily. Still not many leaders standing out thou. Options very limited. We are likely stuck with Reed for another season.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney is already directing traffic some go forward and structured play could only assist him.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Josh Addo Carr’s PR is insane lmao