Red Dead Redemption II

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So some people already have the game. Mostly reviewers. It's two discs and the first disc is a "data" disc and the second disc is the actual game.

Edit:

Cool, wonder how long it will take for the data disc to install?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool, wonder how long it will take for the data disc to install?
Yeah, not looking forward to that. Miss the days when you'd put a game in and play.

Fuck this long install, day one patch, update this....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, not looking forward to that. Miss the days when you'd put a game in and play.

Fuck this long install, day one patch, update this....
Since I don't sleep, I might go to the midnight launch, come home and load it, then play it 2 days later when it's installed lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Since I don't sleep, I might go to the midnight launch, come home and load it, then play it 2 days later when it's installed lol
At least they have discs on console. The last 2 games I bought on PC game with a paper disc that just had a CD key on it. No physical disk. Had to download the whole game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At least they have discs on console. The last 2 games I bought on PC game with a paper disc that just had a CD key on it. No physical disk. Had to download the whole game.
Lol wtf? Is this a one off or is this the norm now?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't buy pc games anymore for that reason. Sadly the last one I bought I was looking forward to, but I pay $5 per 500mb to download on my phone, so half the time I would pay twice for the game. So they won't get any PC sales off me.

Lol wtf? Is this a one off or is this the norm now?
Unfortunately not. When Steam started getting in on selling games the developers seem to have decided that burning discs wasn't something they would bother about. To me, buying a PC game now is like opening a pack of lollies with a note inside saying it will cost me more money to get the actual lollies delivered. And to top it off they explain that it's for my convenience. *****!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't buy pc games anymore for that reason. Sadly the last one I bought I was looking forward to, but I pay $5 per 500mb to download on my phone, so half the time I would pay twice for the game. So they won't get any PC sales off me.

Unfortunately not. When Steam started getting in on selling games the developers seem to have decided that burning discs wasn't something they would bother about. To me, buying a PC game now is like opening a pack of lollies with a note inside saying it will cost me more money to get the actual lollies delivered. And to top it off they explain that it's for my convenience. *****!
I don't purchase any digital games because I like having physical copies. It also helps if you feel like playing a game again if you had to delete it for harddrive space you can just put the disc in instead of having to redownload the whole game and wait for it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't purchase any digital games because I like having physical copies. It also helps if you feel like playing a game again if you had to delete it for harddrive space you can just put the disc in instead of having to redownload the whole game and wait for it.
Same reason why I like physical copies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Abo-fucking-lutely!

Trade a few shitty games at EB and it's $29.
Only need 2 $10 dollar value games.

I traded 3 games and the German bloke only charged me 15 bucks.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only need 2 $10 dollar value games.

I traded 3 games and the German bloke only charged me 15 bucks.
Did he have a bratwurst? And was its first name Fritz?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Did he have a bratwurst? And was its first name Fritz?
Yeah but the shop closed before he spelled his second name...

PS he knew they are our direct descendants, so obviously he has brains.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Schnackenpfefferhausen.