Red Dead Redemption II

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fucking Gamespot always have to be different. If it was called Red Mario Redemption it'd be an 11/10 game.
I don't pay attention to Gamespot tbh

My go to is IGN for a while now

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking Gamespot always have to be different. If it was called Red Mario Redemption it'd be an 11/10 game.
True. But if it had "COD" in the title then IGN would rate it as the perfect game before they even played it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to Gamespot tbh

My go to is IGN for a while now
See my comment below.

I usually go to IGN as well but they are bias as all buggery. They take kickbacks to give good reviews. They have also copped a shitload of flack after one of their reviewers plagiarised a small time reviewer and got caught out for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
See my comment below.

I usually go to IGN as well but they are bias as all buggery. They take kickbacks to give good reviews. They have also copped a shitload of flack after one of their reviewers plagiarised a small time reviewer and got caught out for it.
Wow, I didn't know that.

Which do you prefer? Or do you just check out the main ones and make your judgement?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
See my comment below.

Haha. Talking about Dead Cells?

Asshole was playing the victim and egged people on to find more plagiarised articles and they did.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that.

Which do you prefer? Or do you just check out the main ones and make your judgement?
I usually check out the main ones then make a judgement call. While IGN do some dodgy things, they're nowhere near as bad as the small time ones.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Talking about Dead Cells?

Asshole was playing the victim and egged people on to find more plagiarised articles and they did.
Yep. That's the one. It was pretty hilarious. The journalist got the sack but it's his own fault.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I usually check out the main ones then make a judgement call. While IGN do some dodgy things, they're nowhere near as bad as the small time ones.
I actually hate kotaku the most.

In terms of actual reviews I like ACG on YouTube

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually hate kotaku the most.

In terms of actual reviews I like ACG on YouTube
Yeah, Kotaku is basically an extreme left progressive page. Their tech sister page (Gizmodo) blocked comments because people kept criticising them for being too left wing. The majority of the people criticising them we're left wing people.

You can guarantee that the Kotaku review will complain about there not being enough woman and people of colour.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't they wipe all of his reviews?
I think so. They basically shit themselves when it happened. Started bleeding sponsors and copping massive backlash so they took the scorched earth approach.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, Kotaku is basically an extreme left progressive page. Their tech sister page (Gizmodo) blocked comments because people kept criticising them for being too left wing. The majority of the people criticising them we're left wing people.

You can guarantee that the Kotaku review will complain about there not being enough woman and people of colour.
Left or right, I hate that shit. I play games to escape bullshit like that. It's the same as ESPN. They came out and stated they were left. Why? Just tell me the results and fuck off.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IGN - Ignorant Gaming Network.

Can't stand anything they do on games - there is ALWAYS a better source for information (they may be the quickest, but no always the best).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Left or right, I hate that shit. I play games to escape bullshit like that. It's the same as ESPN. They came out and stated they were left. Why? Just tell me the results and fuck off.
I have to admit that I stand somewhat corrected. I checked the Kotaku review and there's a brief criticism of the amount of man hours put in (with hints of slave labour) and the reviewer does say that he initially thought the main character would be a stereotypical white guy like every other game, but then he go's on to talk about how he was pleasantly surprised by how deep and interesting the character was. I pretty much skimmed the review as it's several pages long and probably has some spoilers but it was actually very positive.

Two non-spoiler related things I saw in the review which interested me was:

- The hat. The reviewer mentions that get was kicked by their horse 'cause he pissed the horse off. He didn't realise until later that he lost his hat. So he rode several miles back to where he was kicked by the horse and his hat was still lying there on the ground. You don't often see item permanence like that in a game. Usually an item will only stay there if it's important

- The foliage. The reviewer shows a scene of how the foliage reacts. When you walk into a small tree for example it bends realistically and your character reacts realistically, pushing the tree out of the way and somewhat struggling with it. The reviewer goes on to discuss how this level of detail is seen through everything in the world. You could play through the game without giving it a second thought because you know that's how things work in real life. But when you think about the amount of attention to detail it takes to re-create that, it's just insane.

Reactions: K E

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
IGN - Ignorant Gaming Network.

Can't stand anything they do on games - there is ALWAYS a better source for information (they may be the quickest, but no always the best).
I always found Good Game on ABC to be pretty accurate to my tastes. I generally agreed with their reviews. I also liked that they were two reviewers with different points of view.

Sure one was a feminist but she didn't let that affect her reviews. She still managed to find humour and the good in games that we're obviously over-sexualised just for the sake of it, like Bayonetta, and she also got fully engrossed in the games including backstories and stuff. Meanwhile the other guy was your average gamer with no maturity whatsoever who found humour in creating the most fucked up characters then just killing as many people as possible. It was a great balance and actually felt like gamers giving their opinion rather than a paid advertisement. Pity it got axed.