Napa is a dud

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying, but that's the beauty of being a fan and all of us have different personalities and different level of passion.
If we didnt go off our nuts at losing especially in this way then where is the passion.
And our opinions wether they are stupid reckless or smart (mine) are welcome here. Makes for good discussion arguments etc etc and shows that we all love the bulldogs.
I read some comments on here and think wtf are they thinking, same way a lot will read my hate posts against pay and others and think im a tosser.

Btw the jury is still out on Napa, i like the kid but have always seen him as an impact player and not the player to start a game with.
Didn't the rorters bring Napa on in the second half and that's when he did major damage, agree that he's an impact player.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive never rated Napa.. im calling it early that he will be in the ranks of a TRex type signing for us..

Started off the season with his usual 74m.. Meanwhile Klemmer makes 198m
She-rex was tired from just doing up his laces and carrying his wallet, Napa went ok with the rorters and Robinson didn't start him even though the rorters had more options when it came to their forwards.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say but if by some miracle Barba was available I’d take him back he might be a dick and a twat but he knows how to find the white line aka try line

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napas on good dollars.. hes our marquee recruit.. his stats should be compared to the top props in the game and they should be open for discussion on the kennel..
I am yet to hear from the Napa fans what exactly he offers or does particularly well. He’s an ok player but we shouldn’t be recruiting ok players. Ogden could do the same job at a cheaper price

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe he is worth the money he is on, would of preferred to use the money elsewhere and have Ogden or To'omaga be in the top 17.

10.Ogden
11.Jackson
12.Martin
13.RFM

14.CHN
15.Elliot
16.Sue
17.To'omaga

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen him try and line up 3 Warriors for a big shoulder. One bounced off and kept going and I think even got an offload away, one was a total air swing and he put one decent hit at the end. Not very good odds. Prefer him to just to tackle than go for these glory shots.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still way to early to tell whether or not he'll be a dud. I thought he started well for the opening 15 minutes then went MIA along with the rest of our team (besides hoppa)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is there any chance some more sex tapes can be released so we have an excuse to cut him? Preferably an orgy involving Lichaa and Foran...

greenacre kiwi

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am yet to hear from the Napa fans what exactly he offers or does particularly well. He’s an ok player but we shouldn’t be recruiting ok players. Ogden could do the same job at a cheaper price
Early days let them have a few more games I say.tired from their media post in the off season...lots of after hours on utube

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
All it takes is one big hit to lift the team Napa is a big hitter, Klemmer makes meters then plays the ball in slow motion killing any advantage he made.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All it takes is one big hit to lift the team Napa is a big hitter, Klemmer makes meters then plays the ball in slow motion killing any advantage he made.
Napa offers nothing. Would rather 200m from Klemmer than this myth that Napa is a big hitter. What I want to see from Napa is what James Tamou did on the weekend for Penrith. He ran straight and hard all day and used his size to his advantage. Also got through a mountain of work. How about 30 good effective tackles from Napa and 10-15 carries.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
After 1 game. Typical kennel. Lol

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
After 1 game. Typical kennel. Lol
lol agree.

Typical kennel.

I'm not going to be judging Napa after one game. I might have some thoughts on him after round 8 or 9 but even then I'll be waiting to see how the season pans out.

Trying to play well in our current team is harder because we are so disjointed and lacking experience and talent.

Whereas, when a new player goes to the Storm, they are made to look like giants when they were playing around the likes of (previously Cam Smith, Cronk, Slater etc).

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is a dud.. judging someone after 40 odd minutes of football LOL ..

I too was furious after the warriors game .. but I need to get a better sample size before I make a judgement call...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't like the signing.
@ $600k he's on 20% more than Tolman and doing about half the work.
But I guess I have to be patient and wait and see how he goes etc etc before making an informed judgement.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant say I was impressed when we signed napa especially at the alleged price. Then came the sex tapes and then came the R1 performance. He isn't ticking any boxes for me so far. I will be far clearer in my opinion of Napa after R4. Pay has put his neck on the line by making no changes despite a pretty comprehensive flogging in R1 and the players are simply justifying TAB odds by playing like a church Quire. The kumbaya has to stop.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
lol agree.

Typical kennel.

I'm not going to be judging Napa after one game. I might have some thoughts on him after round 8 or 9 but even then I'll be waiting to see how the season pans out.

Trying to play well in our current team is harder because we are so disjointed and lacking experience and talent.

Whereas, when a new player goes to the Storm, they are made to look like giants when they were playing around the likes of (previously Cam Smith, Cronk, Slater etc).
Yeh same. We get halfway into the season and he has been poor I will criticize him myself. But there is no reason to single him out for the round 1 debacle where most of the side sucked, and it's too soon to call.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rorters could have done with a bit of that on the weekend because they looked flat... I was waiting for somebody to jump out of the line and force a mistake/ change the momentum... but that somebody is Napa, and he's no longer in their team

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't like the signing.
@ $600k he's on 20% more than Tolman and doing about half the work.
But I guess I have to be patient and wait and see how he goes etc etc before making an informed judgement.
That’s interesting... u base your judgement on something you don’t even know (Tolman and Napa salaries). Is this your normal approach to life ( talking shit)?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s interesting... u base your judgement on something you don’t even know (Tolman and Napa salaries). Is this your normal approach to life ( talking shit)?
Based on fact Tolman is on approx $500K pa. Regarding Napa just going by media reports he was signed on $600K pa.
So yes true I don't know what Napa is actually on.
Still last game thought Napa's effort was very average.

Last edited: